Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jagrsson

How to preserve skates cosmetically

I have a pair of the latest 1x skates that I really love, I’m just wondering if there are any effective tricks to keep the boot from scratches or graphics peeling off? Theese things ain’t cheap lol. 

5 hours ago, Jagrsson said:

I have a pair of the latest 1x skates that I really love, I’m just wondering if there are any effective tricks to keep the boot from scratches or graphics peeling off? Theese things ain’t cheap lol. 

Don't use them. It's impossible to prevent these things from happening if you use them. 

Personal experience but shot blockers will probably work the best at keeping your skates looking new. I've worn them for the past 3 years to protect my feet and other than the holders and toe area, the skate looks about as new as when I first started using them. As nutters stated though, eventually, you're going to get scratches and such since you're using them.

It would be interesting how well the 2017 1x are holding up - all original 1x I've seen so far have had this outer (decorative) silver layer completely shredded after a season of use.

45 minutes ago, Jagrsson said:

What about clear coat spray?

It would have to be one with flex agents in there and it would add some weight to the skate depending on the amount of layers you apply. Plus they would probably start to chip and crack if there is no flex agents in the clear. (They add flex agents to the clear in bumpers)