Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeygeartester

Mid-Low Kick Sticks (1n, QX, A6.0 SBP, Super Tacks 2.0)

The 1N is the only Mid kick stick you have listed. If you're looking for another option, the Xcore line from True would be another mid-kick. The rest of those are all low/lower kick. For reference, I think the biggest difference between the 1N and the Xcore is the blade feel. The 1N is very crisp compared to the Xcore. 

Those are all really nice sticks, but which to recommend comes down to personal preference and play style. Low-kick sticks are more for players who like to get shots off quicker. Mid/High kick sticks are more for players who want more power and tend to take more slapshots. 

I own the 1N, the Qx and the Tacks 2.0. The Qx is a low kick, the 1N mid, and the Tacks 2.0 a high, and IMHO speed of release goes down from left to right.

In terms of the blades the Qx is the most lively and the Tacks 2.0 is the least, with the 1N in between. Which is the best depends on what you like.

In terms of weight same order QX is the lightest, 1N in between, and the Tacks 2.0 being the heaviest. I would put the A6 just after the QX in lightness, but in practical terms, I find the only real noticeable/significant weight difference is with the Tacks 2.0. All the other sticks, you could lump together in weight.  Some find certain sticks too light. Other's look for the lightest sick they can find. Personal preference will dictate.

6 minutes ago, GoalForFun said:

If you liked the One95, then the A6.0 is pretty much an upgraded version.

In what way?

The One95 had a much softer blade and was a mid kick, The A6.0 has a more lively feel and is a low mid flex stick. I like both sticks but they aren't all that similar.

The One95 was a low-mid kick, the One90 was the mid-kick from that era.

Yea, the One95 blade was softer (which I didn't like, and the thing was pretty blade heavy) so the A6.0 with the livelier blade is better IMO.

I guess we'll have agree to disagree on the original statement.

I haven't played with a One95 for a while, but from memory it was more of mid kick point compared to the A-series True I use now.

52 minutes ago, malcb33 said:

I guess we'll have agree to disagree on the original statement.

I haven't played with a One95 for a while, but from memory it was more of mid kick point compared to the A-series True I use now.

You can check the archived catalogues that are here on MSH, but the one95 was most assuredly a low-mid kick as stated by bauer. The following cycle they changed to amplified mid-kick on the totalone, where they engineered a stiffened section to drive the kickpoint up higher on the shaft.

For what it's worth, I've also swapped to a 6.0 after using one95's (and a bevy of other styles) and personally like the 6.0 best.

On 11/6/2017 at 11:06 AM, puckpilot said:

I own the 1N, the Qx and the Tacks 2.0. The Qx is a low kick, the 1N mid, and the Tacks 2.0 a high

- Tacks 2.0 is mid-kick point stick with 2 loading zones. I dont own QX, cant tell anything about that stick.

Personally, I don't like any of the Bauer sticks, including 1N.

However, I found they much more durable compare to CCM.

27 minutes ago, pix530 said:

- Tacks 2.0 is mid-kick point stick with 2 loading zones. 

True, other opinions may differ, but when I shoot with it, I only really feel the top portion of the stick flex. The bottom of the stick feels very rigid, so to me, it feels like it flexes like the 1s.  Full disclosure, I don't own a 1s, but I've shot with one at my LHS about a half a dozen times.  

4 hours ago, puckpilot said:

True, other opinions may differ, but when I shoot with it, I only really feel the top portion of the stick flex. The bottom of the stick feels very rigid, so to me, it feels like it flexes like the 1s.  Full disclosure, I don't own a 1s, but I've shot with one at my LHS about a half a dozen times.  

You also use junior sticks which may or may not actually have the same engineered kick points as their senior counterparts.

4 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

You also use junior sticks which may or may not actually have the same engineered kick points as their senior counterparts.

It's true there are sometimes differences between junior and senior versions of equipment, but there's nothing I've found to indicate that in this instance there's differences in the flex profiles. 

If you look at Bauer's website and their catalogue, they'll specifically state what specs are only found in their Sr and Int sticks. For example their catalogues say the 1X 2015 doesn't have the QRT taper in their junior sticks, but in the next iteration of that stick it doesn't list that as the case even though they list differences in material make up in the 1N and 1S. So, I would assume CCM and other companies would do the same in their catalogues and websites.

If they don't list the differences, they'd open themselves up to consumer complaints and maybe litigation. I saw a video that had a TRUE rep say their junior sticks are made and engineered exactly like their Seniors. So if TRUE is doing it this way, why wouldn't it be the same with the other companies, at least not without explicitly say there are diffences?

On 11/7/2017 at 9:16 PM, GoalForFun said:

The junior sticks don't always have the same curve.  Look at the P88 in Sr/Int versus the Jr.  The Jr. is not as deep.  Not the same curve as Sr/Int.  Same with the P14, the toe is not as aggressive in the Jr versus the Sr/Int.  Whereas Warrior for example for the W88 the curve is the same whether youth, jr, or sr/int and is a clone of the P88 Sr/Int curve and that has helped my kids seamlessly transition through Warriors sticks as they've grown and gotten older.  The blade may be bigger but the curve is the same.

23 hours ago, stljrs said:

The junior sticks don't always have the same curve.  Look at the P88 in Sr/Int versus the Jr.  The Jr. is not as deep.  Not the same curve as Sr/Int.  Same with the P14, the toe is not as aggressive in the Jr versus the Sr/Int.  Whereas Warrior for example for the W88 the curve is the same whether youth, jr, or sr/int and is a clone of the P88 Sr/Int curve and that has helped my kids seamlessly transition through Warriors sticks as they've grown and gotten older.  The blade may be bigger but the curve is the same.

The Warrior junior curves all have lower lies than the senior curves, which I find very annoying since I play with junior sticks and like high lies.

The QX is a Low/Mid. It plays closer to a mid kick than a low kick.

Inwas part of the VIP program so I’ve been using one since before it’s release, there is an LTR posted in the review section. It’s still going strong and it taken a hell of a beating and it’s still kicking.