Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

60PlusWinger

Any QRL guys got big for a 1X Lite?

Any QRL guys got big for a 1X Lite? Both are new and still the current top model stick but is the 1X Lite good enough to justify or is the QRL good enough to not bother with the Lite?

Both are good sticks, you won't go wrong with either but a stick is never make or break your game. If you want it to for it.

Auto correct whooped me up there. I know sticks don’t make or break a game but all things considered between durability and actual performance of the stick, I was curious. Warrior doesn’t sell well in general in New England but the QRL seemed to be a big hit and a tough stick. 

Can't say anything about durability...the stick just came out. However, with the limited experience I have with the 1X:Lite and the QRL, I was extremely impressed with the 1XL. The overall feel of the puck, and the release you get from it, it instantly became my favorite Vapor stick (and I've used many). I think they have a winner with it, but we'll have to see how the stick holds up over time.

2 hours ago, EBondo said:

Can't say anything about durability...the stick just came out. However, with the limited experience I have with the 1X:Lite and the QRL, I was extremely impressed with the 1XL. The overall feel of the puck, and the release you get from it, it instantly became my favorite Vapor stick (and I've used many). I think they have a winner with it, but we'll have to see how the stick holds up over time.

Can you elaborate on feel of the puck? Wouldn't it feel exactly the same as all the other 1X sticks?

The blade has new features in it because of the ACL (advanced carbon layering). I think it changes the overall feel of the blade. In my opinion, it felt more responsive and had more quote-unquote pop to it, but wasn't pingy like a RBZ blade for instance. All-in-all it just felt great, and I've been pretty critical of Bauer sticks recently, with the only stick I've enjoyed in a while being the 2015 1X. I've been rotating between a bunch of different sticks recently: QX, Trigger2, Super Tacks (1st gen), Synergy GX, RX2, the 1XL for me is 1A only after a couple of uses, 1B being the QX.

On 11/7/2017 at 10:25 PM, GoalForFun said:

Does the 1XL only come in grip as stated on Bauer's website? That's a disappointment.

Yup, only grip.

On 11/8/2017 at 1:23 PM, DRR said:

Shaft shape the same as the 1X?

Same shaft shape.

1 hour ago, chippa13 said:

I'm trying to figure out why this guy starts a thread about every single new stick.

Thanks for your feedback Mr. Pianowski. I can assure you that we’re currently working hard to make your experience more enjoyable here. The answer to your question is simple! This is a forum that discusses hockey equipment and hockey sticks fall into that category. Now that your question has been answered there’s even better news! You have the freedom to chose what you read, reply to and care about here. What does this mean? It means that it’s easy a 1,2,3 to ignore, not click on or just plain old not reply to a thread post should you find it uninteresting. Ya know? Easy like microwaving a lean cuisine, or opening a PBR can... easier than deciding if you want someone to call you Christopher or Chris! 

I hope this helps!

Have a great day!

2 hours ago, chippa13 said:

I'm trying to figure out why this guy starts a thread about every single new stick.

Because every single new stick he gets still doesn't make him shoot like Stamkos.

2 hours ago, chippa13 said:

1 hour ago, 60PlusWinger said:

Thanks for your feedback Mr. Pianowski. I can assure you that we’re currently working hard to make your experience more enjoyable here. The answer to your question is simple! This is a forum that discusses hockey equipment and hockey sticks fall into that category. Now that your question has been answered there’s even better news! You have the freedom to chose what you read, reply to and care about here. What does this mean? It means that it’s easy a 1,2,3 to ignore, not click on or just plain old not reply to a thread post should you find it uninteresting. Ya know? Easy like microwaving a lean cuisine, or opening a PBR can... easier than deciding if you want someone to call you Christopher or Chris! 

I hope this helps!

Have a great day!

6 minutes ago, psulion22 said:

Because every single new stick he gets still doesn't make him shoot like Stamkos.

am i allowed to like all 3 of these posts? or do i need to pick a side?

2 hours ago, 60PlusWinger said:

I hope this helps!

Have a great day!

A process made all the more difficult when wading through the multitude of "Guys, tell me about {insert new stick model here}" threads you persist in creating. I saw it as a teaching moment.

4 minutes ago, chippa13 said:

A process made all the more difficult when wading through the multitude of "Guys, tell me about {insert new stick model here}" threads you persist in creating. I saw it as a teaching moment.

I’m not surprised that you found it difficult. I can only show empathy for you peaked on modsquadhockey.com Rob Lowe. Keep your head up buddy, this too shall pass.

14 hours ago, chippa13 said:

Worst teacher student relationship ever.