Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BureKovy

Pavel Barber Curve

Kinda surprised how flat and subtle that is. Would be cool if that gets popular and we can get away from the trend of deep mid curve with insane toe kink. 

For those of us who are too old and crochety to follow YouTube/instagram/MySpace/makeoutclub who is this Pavel Barber dude? What makes him worth paying attention to?

He’s just a guy with really, really, really good hands. Otherwise, his skating skill is probably as good as midget AAA and his size is like 5’9” or something.

He makes videos of him deke’ing around beer league and stuff.

He's got good hands, he runs a small training school in BC, most of his videos have stickhandling drills and cool shootout moves to try. He's just a guy that puts out fun hockey content. 

19 hours ago, start_today said:

For those of us who are too old and crochety to follow YouTube/instagram/MySpace/makeoutclub who is this Pavel Barber dude? What makes him worth paying attention to?

Here's a link to his YouTube channel, he does a lot of move breakdowns and tests new equipment and posts some stickhandling drills.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MindPuckHandler

That would be a big score for TRUE, though they wouldn't be able to market it as "Kane's" curve. But if they can market it as "Pavel Barber's curve" they might still see an increase in sales since Barber is a pretty viral name.

1 hour ago, GoalForFun said:

That would be a big score for TRUE, though they wouldn't be able to market it as "Kane's" curve. But if they can market it as "Pavel Barber's curve" they might still see an increase in sales since Barber is a pretty viral name.

It might work, but seeing how companies don't put out (insert NHL star)'s actual pattern at retail hard it see it done for a guy puts up youtube videos. Maybe True can try it.

did i miss something? i'm not trying to be pessimistic as i love this curve and hope it gets released. but what makes you guys think this curve is coming to retail?

anytime i've heard of people talk about curves it always sounds like the companies are resistant to introducing new ones or changing their lineup. this was bauers curve and people have asked for it for a long time and you can't even get it in their customizer. 

2 hours ago, ryanmonty said:

did i miss something? i'm not trying to be pessimistic as i love this curve and hope it gets released. but what makes you guys think this curve is coming to retail?

anytime i've heard of people talk about curves it always sounds like the companies are resistant to introducing new ones or changing their lineup. this was bauers curve and people have asked for it for a long time and you can't even get it in their customizer. 

That’s precisely why it would be a low risk high reward move by TRUE to offer it at retail. They’ll be able to snipe those would-be Bauer users who want P10.

3 hours ago, ryanmonty said:

Base just brought it back to retail by request.  Base said it was easier to do because it was already at retail before.  And Barber said he is pushing for it now.  

48 minutes ago, BureKovy said:

Base just brought it back to retail by request.  Base said it was easier to do because it was already at retail before.  And Barber said he is pushing for it now.  

i didn't know he said that. thats awesome. i recently did a custom order and i'm loving it. 

24 minutes ago, hawkeyfan said:

QUESTION i HAVE...Warrior Vanek w04 is not a total clone, but looks close (slightly more curvature than the P10)...Maybe I am wrong?

No, it's not really very close when in hand. The P10 is much longer and has a more pronounced curve

1 hour ago, hawkeyfan said:

QUESTION i HAVE...Warrior Vanek w04 is not a total clone, but looks close (slightly more curvature than the P10)...Maybe I am wrong?

The Darby (Vanek) has a very slight curve, a beautiful mid-heel. It has a pretty lofted face, so if you're looking at a certain angle, it can seem more curved than it is. The pocket feels similar to a PM9.

On 2017-12-18 at 7:48 AM, BureKovy said:

FWIW I believe the Base curve(bc14) is a lie 5.5 where the Kane is closer to 7 according to Barber and some other threads about it. 

4 hours ago, nicker87 said:

FWIW I believe the Base curve(bc14) is a lie 5.5 where the Kane is closer to 7 according to Barber and some other threads about it. 

Ohok good to know.  I thought that was weird that it was that high of a lie for a retail curve, Kane obviously made the tweak.  Wonder if Giroux is using a 5.5.

5.5 would probably be better for retail though.

I agree. I like 5.5 lie. I may part with one of my customs at my cost if someone wants. Shoot me a message. 

I feel like I see lots of posts of people wanting lower lies though (like in the base thread) 

On 12/14/2017 at 3:11 PM, darkhors said:

@jdksaves, would you guys make this for a custom order?

On 12/14/2017 at 8:33 PM, BureKovy said:

I was wondering this or for a few blades.  It' an old retail curve so could be popular to add to the line up.  Rounding the toe makes it a ot better

Base added it to their line up.

On 12/15/2017 at 6:07 AM, six501 said:

Following just to see if maybe True comes out with this curve retail now

We can do this pattern on the custom program for now. We have discussed potential of this curve because of the overwhelming feedback, but nothing is a for sure at this point so stay tuned

Outside of being Patrick Kane's curve, I don't think this is marketable as a curve, and wouldn't bet on seeing it. It's so flat, it goes against the current trend of lazy bananas that do the work for you. 

Most companies are moving away from their pm9 offering, I can't see someone offering something that's even flatter. 

8 hours ago, jdksaves said:

We can do this pattern on the custom program for now. We have discussed potential of this curve because of the overwhelming feedback, but nothing is a for sure at this point so stay tuned

Is it something I can request when ordering or do I still need to submit a sample for the mold? 

To add add to your feed back on this curve being released, if you were to release it retail I'd be a customer of a lie 7 model ;)

17 hours ago, start_today said:

Outside of being Patrick Kane's curve, I don't think this is marketable as a curve, and wouldn't bet on seeing it. It's so flat, it goes against the current trend of lazy bananas that do the work for you. 

Most companies are moving away from their pm9 offering, I can't see someone offering something that's even flatter. 

Is it flatter than a PM9? A lot of Kane's I've seen look slightly deeper. Like a longer E7-iginla. Here's one that looks like the others I've seen up on eBay and previously on (IIRC) PSH. It looks deeper than a PM9 to me.

19 hours ago, start_today said:

Considering how most kids worship Pavel Barber I could see it becoming popular if kids can learn to shoot with it. Almost every kid on my sons team is using a P92 curve, but I think it would actually improve their shooting form if they had to shoot with a flatter blade. True is becoming super hipster with kids now because of Barber profiling their stuff so I guess you never know.