Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlyChicaga

CCM 66K Foot Pain

I moved from Bauer 1X 2015 model skates to CCM 66Ks, since the 1X's were causing me some discomfort in the forefoot. The 66Ks have been great... up to a point. I feel like I skate better in them, but the balls of my feet are killing me. It feels like all my weight and pressure rests on the balls of my feet, so by the end of a game the entire front of my foot hurts. I am using CCM medium arch insoles. With the stock insoles, the balls of my feet feel a little better, but the rest of my foot "aches." I don't imagine going back to Bauer's will help. I think I need different insoles. I used Superfeet Carbon in the 1X, and I'm considering it again, but I also don't know about the forward lean. Is there any other good alternatives? Or should I look into different skates?

Insoles could help. I'd be curious to know if maybe the forefoot isn't wide enough. It could be squeezing your feet too tightly. If that's not the case and insoles don't work, maybe your local shop can put a lift/spacer on the front holder to make it more neutral. A profiling that puts you more on your heels could change the feel as well.

If the fit is good then you need to get some custom insoles because it sounds like your arch isn't being supported properly. I had the exact same issue with my Vapor's. The fit of the boot is perfect, but the balls of my feet would kill about 3/4's through a game. If they feel good for a while, then start hurting, I'm almost positive that you just need insoles. That said, the regular ones you buy at the store won't fully fix the problem. I had to get custom ones and haven't had any foot pain since doing so. Check out Fastech Labs. They have people around the country that do the insoles. I live near Detroit (they're based in Troy, MI) so I went there. They were about $150 for them and I had them in my skates in 30 minutes and that was with the custom fitting.

I'll look into the insoles, thanks. The fit is great in my opinion, my skating immediately improved with these skates. Particularly agility. No more pain in the forefoot, only on the bottom. I just don't want to lose performance and response trying to get "comfy" insoles if you know what I mean.

You won't... these are performance insoles so they don't compress like "cushy" insoles would. This guys makes them for all types of professional players from baseball, hockey to tennis and golf. Plus, you're getting them because you need stability in your foot, which "comfy" insoles wouldn't really give you. Hopefully that helps, but if you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I can answer any questions you might have.