Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MD56

Comparable fit to Mission / Supreme

Hi All, 

Been doing roller for most of my life without ever having played on Ice. Finally ready to start playing the real thing and looking for a pair of entry level skates.  Went to my LHS to try on a bunch of stuff but they were very limited on sizes and brands. From what I was able to try on, I did learn is that Supremes seem to fit pretty close to my Mission NLS 3's which i like quite a bit.  In the Missions i wear an 8.5 D, in the Supreme's i was probably closer to an 8.

So... was wondering if I could get some advice on other brands / models with similar fits and if there is any size difference I should know about. Like does CCM run a little different that Bauer? Stuff like that. Because of the limited stock i'm probably going to end up ordering online and hoping for the best. I guess if all else fails though at least I know the Supreme's fit decently.   

I'd suggest trying the OG Jetspeed line.  They run large though, so you want to go 1/2 to 1 size down from Bauer.

It's strange that there's a half size difference for you between the Mission NSL:3 and Bauer Supreme skates. They're built with the same last. There are of course material differences between the different models and it depends on the level of skate you're trying on, but you should really be the same size in Supremes and Missions.

The current CCM Tack line is somewhat similar to the Supremes, but I found when trying them on that they locked your heel in a bit better in a EE width. For sizing, they're supposed to fit about the same lengthwise as Bauers, but I don't own either skate. I've tried both on and neither fit me perfectly, but it felt like 7.5EE would be the closest Supreme size for me and 8EE the closest Supertack size. I measured an 8 on the Bauer Brannock and currently use 8EE Makos. Now, perhaps I would've been able to fit a 7.5EE Tacks lengthwise, but I have a very wide forefoot and the forefoot was way too tight without baking. 

11 hours ago, althoma1 said:

It's strange that there's a half size difference for you between the Mission NSL:3 and Bauer Supreme skates. They're built with the same last. There are of course material differences between the different models and it depends on the level of skate you're trying on, but you should really be the same size in Supremes and Missions.

Could be the thickness of the tongue or something like that but my toe scrapes the cap on my missions, even in the smaller Supreme's i couldn't touch. I'll probably end up making the drive to another LHS and see if I can try on a few more.