Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

Sher-Wood Stick Lines

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on this for me...

I know the Rekker line is low-kick. Something like the Vapor, QR lines. What about the T series and the BPM series?

6 hours ago, Jason said:

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on this for me...

I know the Rekker line is low-kick. Something like the Vapor, QR lines. What about the T series and the BPM series?

both are mid. i'm not sure if the bpm is a complete replacement for the t series because the t series is quite popular, especially when you compare graphics

21 minutes ago, nutters said:

both are mid. i'm not sure if the bpm is a complete replacement for the t series because the t series is quite popular, especially when you compare graphics

It is

BPM is their mid kick stick line. 

I have a BPM 150 and it's pretty nice. The blade is really nice on backhands compared to my old TRUE A4.5 SBP with the same TC4/PP28 curve.

It's taking a bit to get used to though as the BPM line doesn't have grip texture all the way up the stick, only on the middle area, so when i'm stick handling it throws me off, or when I slide down the shaft to take a shot, it'll give varying amounts of resistance

It's more like a Nexus. 

I've never used a Supreme stick, but I had a Nexus 1N for a short while and the "flex" profile felt similar, only difference being the nexus felt softer @ 102 flex compared to my BPM 150 @ 95 flex

T90 was an unreal and still is an unreal stick if you can find them. The BPM graphics are terrible, however the new EK line looks pretty bad ass. 

3 hours ago, enis750 said:

T90 was an unreal and still is an unreal stick if you can find them. The BPM graphics are terrible, however the new EK line looks pretty bad ass. 

I like the T90 and have one, but it feels like a club compared to the EK15.  In my opinion the EK15 is the gold standard and SW hasn't made a better stick since.  I've had them all.

On 12/15/2017 at 10:52 AM, ginjaninja said:

I like the T90 and have one, but it feels like a club compared to the EK15.  In my opinion the EK15 is the gold standard and SW hasn't made a better stick since.  I've had them all.

The EK15 was a great stick that had great performance, but like so many great sticks with great performance before it, the thing snapped left and right. I really liked the new EK60 for the extra durability even if it didn't feel like it had as great shot as the EK15. 

The funny thing about Sherwood's 2 stick lines is the difference isn't HUGE, especially since the BPM, relative to other companies. There was a research article posted on here that examined stick flex profiles and the BPM and EK series were a lot closer compared to say the difference between Vapors and Supremes. In addition, the flex profile isn't as pronounced as other companies. a mid-kick supreme is a mid-kick supreme and mid-kick only, no low-kick person can ever feel comfortable with it. A low-kick person might get away with a t100.

On 16/12/2017 at 1:38 PM, innotastic said:

The funny thing about Sherwood's 2 stick lines is the difference isn't HUGE, especially since the BPM, relative to other companies. There was a research article posted on here that examined stick flex profiles and the BPM and EK series were a lot closer compared to say the difference between Vapors and Supremes. In addition, the flex profile isn't as pronounced as other companies. a mid-kick supreme is a mid-kick supreme and mid-kick only, no low-kick person can ever feel comfortable with it. A low-kick person might get away with a t100.

The new Rekker sticks (EK365, EK345, etc.) have a new taper that make the kick-point quite a bit lower than the previous Rekkers.  You can really feel that low kick.

my EK15 has been very durable, not just in terms of not snapping, but the blade in general has held up to a ton of abuse. Foams have broken down a bit, but its an older stick. It has the most usage of any stick in my arsenal currently, but doesn't look like it. 

I just broke my first EK15 on Sunday.  4th stick total.  Shaft snapped on a slap shot during second game played. There had to be something wrong with it the way it sheared off like that.  Filed a claim but haven't heard anything.

Ek15...Shortest life span - 11 months .....

Longest life span - just broke it recently, almost 3 years. Did use a Qrl for almost a whole year mixed in though. 

I'm hard on my gear and ek15's are tanks IMHO.

Ive never had a problem with them up until last week. When I spoke over the phone with Sherwood they were saying they haven’t made a retail ek15 in about 4 years. That everything you see out there is old stock and has been sitting for years on the rack or a crate. I imaged this was the case since they have had the 60 and 365 since. I just shop for clearance. They said they are going to warranty it though.

I broke my 1X lite after only a month and a half, so I started using my EK365. I didn't like the feel at all in warm up, but I was just getting used to it. My first 3 shots went in! By the end of the drop in session I had several points and was loving this thing. It's gonna be my go to stick for the time being. 

On 1/14/2018 at 10:17 PM, Jason said:

I broke my 1X lite after only a month and a half, so I started using my EK365. I didn't like the feel at all in warm up, but I was just getting used to it. My first 3 shots went in! By the end of the drop in session I had several points and was loving this thing. It's gonna be my go to stick for the time being. 

How did you like the 1X lite before it broke? and do you think its suspect to break or just a random occurrence?

11 hours ago, Circa6683 said:

How did you like the 1X lite before it broke? and do you think its suspect to break or just a random occurrence?

Probably just random. My 2015 and 2016 1X's were reasonably durable. The 1X lite didn't last very long, but it felt solid and felt like a further evolution of the vapor line, which I love. I feel like overall it was the best stick for me. The EK365 working so well was a bit of a suprise.

it's a shame sher wood doesn't get more credit for what they're doing, with the lightest stick in retail available at one of the lowest prices of a top end stick. in addition I think it feels fantastic 

7 hours ago, adam14 said:

it's a shame sher wood doesn't get more credit for what they're doing, with the lightest stick in retail available at one of the lowest prices of a top end stick. in addition I think it feels fantastic 

I'm not sure what is going on.  I guess they don't have the marketing dollars that the big 3 have right now.  I have basically always used Sher-Wood sticks, even back to wooden ones that I used until about 2014 when they started making them in Ukraine.  I'm sure it is a complicated mess of a market place right now.  I figure if the Pro's are seen using it, then the kids won't tell parents to buy it.  I'll keep using them until I can't get them, or the quality drops just like the wood sticks did. 

8 hours ago, adam14 said:

I think where they're lagging behind a bit is in the blade. They've used the VRF.2 blade tech in the EK15, Ek60, and the Ek365,  T120, and the BMP 150. I like the blade, but IMHO, in terms of feel, it's not as good as some of the other sticks out there.