Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
VegasHockey

Removing graphics on JetSpeed FT1?

I removed the graphics from my FT1's. Almost wish I didnt now. As the red part of the decals dissolved, they left a bit of a residue that smeared over the skates. The skates now look slightly pinkish. Unlike the Tacks, the silver under the FT1 graphics, just isn't as nice to look at. It's not awful, but probably better left alone.

1 hour ago, theinfamoust94 said:

Noticed that nobody's talked about doing this to Bauers.. Is this only possible for CCM's?

I have a pair of supertacks though and I might do this when they start chipping 

Yes.  The Bauer skates don't have applied graphics on a shell like CCMs do.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2018 at 8:00 AM, Nicholas G said:

I customized my FT1 and they look great! 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RMrKtgNI4hWs5HQ72

What did you use to make the silver darker, Nicholas G? They look fantastic. Also, did you use regular nail polish remover to remove the graphics. How did you get between the eyelets?

Edited by Jason

Anyone try this on AS1s?  I tried for a bit last night using some nail polish remover but it didn't seem to have any reaction to it. 

When I discovered one technique to apply labels to my moulds, you could only use paint to cover them up on finished products.  Oddly enough, nothing I had ever built was broken in spots where the labels would be. They possibly would have sanded off, as my technique applied an ink stamp to the female part of the mould, which in turn impregnated the label into the epoxy. Of course the lack of perfection when rolling the ink onto the stamp and a few spots where the outside of the stamp added to the mystique and the “one at a time, bespoke” feel. I used a metallic silver ink. 

@JR Boucicaut could it the the case where the Bauer logos are possibly impregnated into the epoxy?

@Nicholas G those skates look good. 

On 2/28/2018 at 7:57 PM, Jason said:

What did you use to make the silver darker, Nicholas G? They look fantastic. Also, did you use regular nail polish remover to remove the graphics. How did you get between the eyelets?

You want to use something like this: https://bit.ly/2ItcsGB

I used Goof Off and a toothbrush.