Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tpedersen3118

Next Generation Nexus Skates

So I tried out the fancy new Bauer fit display and I must say I was impressed with the recommendations. Currently in a 8ee Supreme 190; Bauer recommends a Nexus 7.5 D. I tried  on a 1N and really liked the fit, although the heel felt a little wide but I’d imagine that with baking that would shrink in? Anyway, i can make it another season with my 190’s but if the next gen Nexus is coming I should be able to score a 1N or N9000 on sale. That said, is Nexus on the same release timeframe as Supreme? I’ve seen the new 2N (meh!) but not sure if Bauer is working on 2 lines at the same time or if It’s another year before Nexus?

2 hours ago, tpedersen3118 said:

although the heel felt a little wide but I’d imagine that with baking that would shrink in? 

Yes and no. You have to push / clamp to get it to move in but....

Materials have memory and over time the heel will open up again and return to its original shape. How fast this happens depends mainly on your skating mechanics, if you have neutrally aligned feet it might take ages, if you roll over the blade at all (eg pronate) then it can happen in weeks. And god help you if you ever leave your skate in the sun on a hot day, then it takes only an hour.