Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sabes35

HockeyTracker for Apple Watch

1 hour ago, darkhors said:

Wear OS is the new version of Android Wear. They just renamed it Wear OS because it's the OS for wearable products. I have a ticwatch S and that's what they use so you can download all apps from the Google Play store.

Well, we just launched in iOS in January then had a big 2.0 launch a few weeks ago.  Hopefully if things go well we can begin moving out to other markets.   That being said, if you're currently an Android user and just want a minimal hardware setup to use HockeyTracker, an iPhone 6 can be had pretty cheap via Ebay/Apple refurb and you could pair it with an Apple Watch Series 1 which were going recently at Walmart (US) for $150.  

I think you need a chest strap to get an accurate heart rate reading during activity.  The movement of the wrist can affect the reading.  I track my heart rate with a Polar H10.

31 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I think you need a chest strap to get an accurate heart rate reading during activity.  The movement of the wrist can affect the reading.  I track my heart rate with a Polar H10.

Chest strap will be the best but the Apple Watch does a very good job and no the wrist movements don’t affect it.

Howdy,

Are there inexpensive chest strap HR monitors that work well for sports like hockey?

I'd be curious about my HR stuff, but only like $50 worth or so.  🙂

Mark

6 hours ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Are there inexpensive chest strap HR monitors that work well for sports like hockey?

I'd be curious about my HR stuff, but only like $50 worth or so.  🙂

Mark

Sure. You obviously get what you pay for with this kind of thing, though. But something is better than nothing. 

Do the people who wear their Apple Watches to play protect it with anything?  Do you guys notice it while playing?  

I just got one the other day and I have never been a watch guy so I am afraid of it being bothersome while wearing.  I am also a lefty so I am thinking about switching it to my right wrist when playing.

Edited by strosedefence34

19 minutes ago, strosedefence34 said:

Do the people who wear their Apple Watches to play protect it with anything?  Do you guys notice it while playing?  

I just got one the other day and I have never been a watch guy so I am afraid of it being bothersome while wearing.  I am also a lefty so I am thinking about switching it to my right wrist when playing.

Since the watch is safely under the thickest cuff of the glove, we rarely here of any issues with damage but some users do like to use protective wrist guards to cover the watch just in case.  You can find them on Hockey Monkey etc. 

Gary

• Like 1

I was worried at first as well butafter my first skate realized it's fine.  I usually notch it one hole tighter for better readings and to keep it in place more, then it sits nicely under the cuff of my glove away from danger.  I guess this may vary depending on what gloves/size gloves you wear so just test it out before hand... I wear 14" HG12's with the floating cuff so they pretty much keep the watch protected at all tims which is nice also I'm a lefty too and no issues).

btw, I love the app.

• Like 1