Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

golfinbrad

Best Way To Clean Jofa Liners

Hey Fellas

I always wanted a pair of higher end JOFA shin guards and finally scored a pair!!!  Overall excellent condition for the age.  However the liners are stained and have what looks like small mold stains.  I treated them pretty heavily with Shout and washed them.  A little better, but still there.  Is there a better way to wash them?  I was thinking about using bleach, but wasn't sure if that would mess with the foam or material.  I guess worst case I can wear them for a while and watch for a pair of replacement liners, but those are not cheap.  I appreciate any help you can provide.

I did some research on cleaning without bleach.  Some posted treat with Shout and put hot water in the sink with laundry detergent.  Use a toothbrush on the stained areas and if the stain is tough us baking soda on the toothbrush.  I gave this a try and seem to do a pretty good job.  I realize with the age they will never look brand new, but it did a nice job.  They are drying how so I will see what the end result looks like.  Once they are dry I will post an update in case anyone in the future reads this thread.  Wish I would have taken before and after pics.

34 minutes ago, golfinbrad said:

Use a toothbrush on the stained areas and if the stain is tough us baking soda on the toothbrush. 

Try doing that again but sprinkle the baking soda directly onto the pad and dip the brush into vinegar first.