Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoalForFun

Best anti-fog for visor?

I got a Bauer 55P visor and I was wondering what the best anti-fog spray for it would be, both for clarity and anti-fog properties. I've heard that the Oakley anti-fog spray is better than the camel spit stuff, but I was looking at other options, particularly the Fog Zero stuff and the Sven Can See Anti-Fog Gel.

Anyone have experience with these and can compare them?

I didn't think that the Fog Zero was any better than any of the generic anti-fog sprays out there.  Sven seems to work pretty good.  Trick to using that since it's a gel to spray once on the inside center of the visor and then spread it out over the entire visor.

This is going to sound a bit odd... but anyways. I had tried numerous sprays and concoctions in the past. For the last 5 years I've been using Pledge. Yup, right off the shelf lemon Pledge, learned it from a couple kids who played in the WHL who swore by it. Spray it on and wipe clean with a dry towel and its golden for the night

10 hours ago, casey74 said:

This is going to sound a bit odd... but anyways. I had tried numerous sprays and concoctions in the past. For the last 5 years I've been using Pledge. Yup, right off the shelf lemon Pledge, learned it from a couple kids who played in the WHL who swore by it. Spray it on and wipe clean with a dry towel and its golden for the night

Pledge is what most of the officials in the Toronto area use and it works well.

17 hours ago, casey74 said:

How often to apply.

Pledge or biodegradable, earth friendly dishwashing liquid. For glasses, apply pre game, one drop each side, lightly rub with the finger then buff with a soft cloth. For visors, I find it lasts me 2 games before needing another application.

On 2017-12-22 at 12:40 AM, casey74 said:

I played Jr. A in Sask and lemon pledge was the only thing that was used. Never had a problem with it. 

I was told to use Parker's Perfect. I got a box of 100 disposable wipes pretty cheap on Amazon and so far they've worked great. We'll have to see how well it holds up in the warmer months tho.

I've tried a bunch of stuff since donning a visor 2 years ago. Dawn dish liquid, pledge, Johnsons baby shampoo.

Of the 3 products I've had the most success with Johnson's baby shampoo.