Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

drew1

Proper skate fitment???

I ordered a pair of custom CCM Jetspeed FT1's. The scanned my foot 3 times and it gave them 3 different skate sizes. I was told before making the purchase that the depth of the skate would be modified to accommodate my higher instep. The skate came in the exact same way as it would stock except for my name stitched into the fabric on the tongue. The hockey shop told me they have many ways to adjust for a proper fitment. I have been there every week for almost 2 months for an adjustment since I can't wear the skate for longer than 10 minutes without limping and rippihttps://i.imgur.com/9GhISTt.pngng the skates off asap. They now have no other adjustment option for the fitment of my skate that I paid almost $1300 for.

Does anyone have any idea how to relive the tension off of my instep so I can use these skates?                              My foot is literally popping out of the boot. lol  Here's a pic. Hopefully, someone has an idea that they haven't tried.

In a nutshell, they aren't what I would call customs. There is no traditional fix for that volume fit, you have to look at other options like option B laces, eyelet extenders or no laces. But I wouldn't want to try those if the shop told you one thing and you got delivered another, I'd be asking for a fix such as replacement custom skates that fit your foot (ie volume). 

That skate will never work. You can do some things to make it more tolerable, but it’s not even close to fitting.

Id send them back. Considering what you paid and the fact that you went custom, they should be near perfect. The shop needs to make it right. 

This is exactly how JetSpeed line fits my feet, the reason i have never considered spending any amount on those. The only thing you can do is tying them barely snag and use a plain thin insole, but it is a waste of custom job.

After watching a few CCM custom videos, it appears to me that CCM does make custom lasts for custom orders or at least finds one that is close to your scan. That said however, they simply heatform the standard cut shell to it. So while the result wraps and counters you foot and ankles very well, the instep however, is strictly dictated by the cut off the shell, which in case of JetSpeed is shallow. I do not think CCM is verifying if your scan matches the line you asked. That is most likely between you and whomever does the fitting. I think if you'd gone SuperTacks instead of JetSpeed, you would have been a happy camper now.

I'm using the stock thin insole to keep as much depth in the skate as possible. The original Jetspeed skates are a perfect fit for my feet(6.5). The FT1 7.5 skates are the same length as the original Jetspeed but the depth is very shallow. That was the only problem I had asked about before purchasing the skates and doing the custom scan. They assured me that the depth would be adjusted to accommodate my foot. 

Shogun, they're 7.5 but they're the same length as the original Jetspeeds at 6.5. 

Can they actually add depth? Adding that much to the quarter panel would require custom tooling and materials, no? 

If I were you. I’d try talking to CCM directly.