Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ginjaninja

Bauer skate insoles

I don't post a lot here but have something that has got me stumped.  Does Bauer not sell their standard skate insoles aside from in new skates?  I wore a hole in my Form Fit's and cannot for the life of me find replacements.  I've tried aftermarket ones like Superfeet and CCM but the feel wasn't right.  I'm just looking for a pair of Bauer Form Fit, or Form Fit + Grip in size 9D for my skates.  Our rink does not have a Bauer account and we have no LHS.  I've stalked Ebay and sideline swap but am only coming up with Speedplates.

Any ideas? 

1 minute ago, dkmiller3356 said:

I don't know but have you considered Superfeet yellow?

I have, they did not work out well.  Caused foot cramps, left foot went numb.

I also disliked Superfeet. Why not get Speedplates? I think they are amazing. They increase foot skate contact, improving control and balance. And they support the arches too. 

58 minutes ago, Leif said:

I also disliked Superfeet. Why not get Speedplates? I think they are amazing. They increase foot skate contact, improving control and balance. And they support the arches too. 

Love my Speedplates! 

@ginjaninja Some of the foot beds you mentioned change the fit and would likely require rebaking the skate.

1 hour ago, boo10 said:

Why not just email Bauer customer service?

That is an excellent idea and something I have not done.  Thank you for the idea.

1 hour ago, Leif said:

Why not get Speedplates?

I haven't gotten them because I have already purchased the Superfeet and CCM insoles.  Just tired of throwing money at the problem.  Might be my only option though.

12 hours ago, ginjaninja said:

I haven't gotten them because I have already purchased the Superfeet and CCM insoles.  Just tired of throwing money at the problem.  Might be my only option though.

I can understand that way of thinking. My problem with Superfeet was that they are rigid and did not conform to my feet which caused discomfort. They also raised my heels, thereby changing the fit of the skate, and I got lace bite. I've never used the CCM insoles, but online photos suggest they are very similar. I have used some orthopaedic insoles and did not like them. Speed plates raise the foot very slightly because they are a few mm thick, but they do not raise the heel, and they shape to your foot and not vice versa. That said, if you're fine with the originals, get some replacements.

I was able to get a below retail price on some new speedplates, so I’ll try them. Haven’t had a return contact from Bauer, but with the snowstorms and weekend, I’ll be patient. Thanks for the ideas.

On 1/5/2018 at 8:22 PM, ginjaninja said:

I was able to get a below retail price on some new speedplates, so I’ll try them. Haven’t had a return contact from Bauer, but with the snowstorms and weekend, I’ll be patient. Thanks for the ideas.

Were you able to get them through bauer ? Thinking about contacting them as well

1 hour ago, ChrisS8899 said:

Were you able to get them through bauer ? Thinking about contacting them as well

I have not heard anything from Bauer as of yet.  I contacted them through the Warranty department listed on their website.  I also tried the Speed Plates. I liked them as they are very responsive, but I have plantar fasciitis on my left foot and the speed plates made that flare up. I'm hoping to hear something but not holding my breath. I keep checking ebay, and the like. 

I did receive an email from Bauer this morning stating:

Good Morning 

Thank you for taking the time to email Bauer. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your insoles. Regrettably as Bauer does not sell direct to the public we are unable to sell any products directly to consumers. We only have generic insoles in our warranty closet. We do not have the insoles that you are requesting available for order.

We are very sorry but we cannot comply with your request as we do not have these insoles in stock.

Bauer Hockey

My interpretation is that my only remaining options would be to talk with a store that has an authorized Bauer account and try to special order some, check ebay or sideline trying to find some that aren't trashed, or get new skates.

Superfeet should have a 60 day guarantee on them for full refund if you didn't like them.

If you have a retailer close by you can ask them if they have any extras. The one around here has boxes full.

On 1/20/2018 at 6:11 PM, ginjaninja said:

I have not heard anything from Bauer as of yet.  I contacted them through the Warranty department listed on their website.  I also tried the Speed Plates. I liked them as they are very responsive, but I have plantar fasciitis on my left foot and the speed plates made that flare up. I'm hoping to hear something but not holding my breath. I keep checking ebay, and the like. 

Just an update , I did get in contact with bauer . Was told this summer that they are releasing insoles separately . On a side note have a buddy that bought the 2017 x900's and the footbeds are awesome , sticky around the edges with some dotted sticky type material on the whole bed . He said the grip is great no movement at all. Maybe something like this will be available on its own .

I have a pair of Bauer insoles (the ones with the tabs that go in the toe cap area) if that’s what you’re looking for. I can put them up in the gear exchange for you (to meet site selling rules). I’m not sure what size they are but I wear an 8.5D skate.

8 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I have a pair of Bauer insoles (the ones with the tabs that go in the toe cap area) if that’s what you’re looking for. I can put them up in the gear exchange for you (to meet site selling rules). I’m not sure what size they are but I wear an 8.5D skate.

Did find a pair of form fits on ebay. Thanks for the offer though . They do come up on ebay but noticed they dont last for more then 2days ish if they're new

10 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

That would be great, I still could use them. I don't know how the insoles are sized but the speedplates are 8.5-9.  I'll look for them on the gear exchange area.