Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
KennyWu

Bauer Advanced Series Stick

Apologies if this is a re-post.

https://www.bauer.com/advanced-series

A new "advanced series" Vapor stick is coming out on Jan 27th, 2018. 

• 3 years of top-secret development
  • 2,000 hours of on-ice testing
  • Advanced Carbon Layering: less weight without sacrificing durability
  • Speedier recoil for quicker releases
  • Only 3,000 made worldwide
  • 12 sticks per participating store: 6 left-handed, 6 right
  • 67, 77, 87 flex
  • P92 pattern

$399 CAD :dry:

Anything sub 400g is already too light. The XN10 felt like shooting a bowling ball with a straw...and that was 10+ years ago. 

Edited by Cavs019
  • Like 1

Only a single curve, interesting.

This seems to be the other end of the spectrum of over-producing and shops having to unload with big price reductions. Maybe they could shoot for a middle ground...

2 hours ago, 02m3smg said:

Apologies if this is a re-post.

https://www.bauer.com/advanced-series

A new "advanced series" Vapor stick is coming out on Jan 27th, 2018. 

$399 CAD :dry:

That's only $320 USD, I'd guess somewhere closer to $450 CAD?

3 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

...How much Easton bought technology went into this new Bauer "Innovation..."

But-Thats-None-Of-My-Business.jpg

It would be cool if they did something with the Easton technology. Correct me if I’m wrong but other than a low priced stick that had an old blade technology (I think that’s what JR said), the Easton tech hasn’t been used at all by Bauer. 

"Only 3,000 made," only in p92 pattern.  What is the typical total number of sticks made for a new 1x release, not lower tier options?

Do they tend to make the same number of each pattern, or do they produce more p88s than pm9s? 

I wonder why only the Vapor line was chosen for the "Advancement" and not Nexus or Supreme. And only in P92.....In any case $400 for a stick is a little too rich in my opinion. 

4 hours ago, bar down said:

They said their is 65 pros using it. If it was that advanced would they not all use it ?

nope. might not be everybody's cup of tea. how many times have we seen what creatures of habit nhl players are

First question what is most advanced about it? I think the only thing that would intrigue the pros at this point is if the stick would not snap in half in the most inopportune moment.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, aviery said:

Bauer Instagram suggests 355 Grams.

As a lover of super lightweight sticks I'm very keen on this, but a PM9 might be a wait.

Don't think they are going to make it available in a PM9. Info from their site suggests only P92 will be available which leaves other pattern users that don't mind shelling out the coin in the dark. 

So.....

Not to draw conspiracies but isn't Bauer going to do a second run on these sticks. 

Marketing the stick as a super limited release and doing a "demanded" second run would be a great way to get high stick sales and at top dollar as well. :rolleyes:

Edited by adams2001

14 minutes ago, adams2001 said:

So.....

Not to draw conspiracies but isn't Bauer going to do a second run on these sticks. 

Marketing the stick as a super limited release and doing a "demanded" second run would be a great way to get high stick sales and at top dollar as well. :rolleyes:

On the flip side, I could see it being a super limited release only because only a select few people are dumb enough to pay $400 for a stick :80_smile_cat:

• Haha 1

Obviously, me and my lack of high-end skill are not the target-market for this stick. But, man, if I broke this thing, at $400 a pop, I would probably jump off a bridge. 

I do not envy the parents that are going to be shelling out this kind of money for a stick.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, adams2001 said:

Don't forget the fact you won't be getting another one of these as a warranty replacement.

16 hours ago, lennyboi said:

Don't think they are going to make it available in a PM9. Info from their site suggests only P92 will be available which leaves other pattern users that don't mind shelling out the coin in the dark. 

Yah.

Hence why I said PM9 might be a wait. They simply would not run this type of limited release without a greater strategy in mind.

Give the people a small taste, let them wait, create further hype, roll out new line.

Like adams2001 said, 'm
arketing the stick as a super limited release and doing a "demanded" second run would be a great way to get high stick sales and at top dollar as well.'

My thoughts, all the cool kids are using filthy toe curves and generally use no stiffer than an 87 Flex.

Target market segmentation 101, group the best selling statistical data cluster and hit them first. This in turn creates hype and so the marketing machine continues.

I honestly cannot wait to get my hands on one or more when they do release the final version. It may be a Vapor ADV line or a part of the OD1N project. Too early to know, but I bet JR is all over it!