Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trevor68

Skate recommendations

Hi guys,

I am looking for a skate recommendation. I played ice hockey from the mid 90s to the mid 2000s, but have not played at all for the past 10 years. I have a pair of old Easton skates, but I want to get new ones because they are hard as a rock.

I am looking for really affordable skates (under $250) that are extremely comfortable. I dont care about speed, weight, turning capacity, etc. In fact, I dont care if they are from past years. I just want extreme comfort.  I am just buying skates for myself because I am teaching my 3 year old son how to skate. I may do stick snd puck sessions in the future, but do not see myself playing actual league games in the future.

Any options you would recommend?

really appreciate any suggestions.

I have bought Graf PK3300 sometimes ago from hockeymonkey.com with discount coupon, you can get them pretty close to $250. They are quite awesome skates, very light, comfortable, pretty stiff and supportive, good looking too. Not sure what is your fit, pitch preference is, but I doubt you can get more skate for under $300 from anywhere else.

Note: description says they have Graf Attack holder, but picture shows Cobra 3000. My skates came with Cobra holder as in picture. Not sure how to interpret this ambiguity, but I did skate on Attack holders and there is nothing wrong with them except for availability of replacement runners. I am pretty sure though that picture is correct.

I went to my LHS and tried on a pair of 5052 Tacks and absolutely loved how comfortable they were out of the box.  Going to see how the 9070 and 9060 fit when they come out in a few months.

Only you are going to be able to determine what is going to be extremely comfortable to you, because the major determining factor of comfort is how the skates fit your feet. Each skate model line has a different fit profile and the way to find out what fits and works the best is to try a lot of different skates on. Go get fitted or use the Bauer 3D scan so you can get a better idea of your foot profile and then you might be able to apply that if you must buy skates online, but I still suggest you try on as many skates as you can if possible. People on here can rave about the comfort of the skates they wear because they fit their feet, but that doesn't necessarily mean they will work for you. Just keep that in mind. Good luck.

If you only care about comfort, I'd stick away from any boot with a composite shell (which are likely out of your price range anyway).

If they fit, and you can find some, the Easton Mako skates were ridiculously comfortable.