Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
IPv6Freely

Indians to Cease Use of Chief Wahoo Logo

2 hours ago, Scuffle323 said:

I love Chief Wahoo as their logo. Ever since childhood, I always see them on their games 

Chief-Wahoo-Logo-History-Cleveland-Indians.png

I like the logo too, but it's also racist AF so good riddance. 

I grabbed a hat last year bc I heard this was coming. I always liked the Indians logo. Yes racist. But also iconic. 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, dkmiller3356 said:

Racist but iconic...  bought myself a swasitika armband at garage sale last month so I can hold onto those fond memories....  ugh.

K den. 

Not saying he doesn't make a good point but the Indians logo is a classic one. Maybe I used the wrong term in saying iconic. What I meant was classic. I agree it is racist but for everyone who grew up with the Indians using that logo, it'll always be how we remember the team as, whether it's a good thing or bad thing. 

No, I agree that it’s an iconic logo. What I find odd is that you’d buy something with a racist logo on it and admit that it was BECAUSE it’s going away because it’s racist. 

Howdy,

5 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

Racist but iconic...  bought myself a swasitika armband at garage sale last month so I can hold onto those fond memories....  ugh.

Aren't you supposed to slowly work up to Nazis, vs. just jumping right to it?

C'mon man.  Foreplay.

Mark

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

No, I agree that it’s an iconic logo. What I find odd is that you’d buy something with a racist logo on it and admit that it was BECAUSE it’s going away because it’s racist. 

I personally don't know the specific back story of the Indians logo. I got it because as a kid I  liked the logo and it grabbed my attention. 

If you want to compare me to a nazi for liking a cartoon logo bc I grew up watching the Indians, then go ahead. Everyone these days gets butt hurt over everything anyways. 

13 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Yeah it’s crazy to think people are getting butthurt over such a small thing as racism. 

Everything and everyone is racist these days. Haven't you heard?