Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johndeere506

How to fix Bauer Supreme - Pain below Ankle

I have a new Bauer 160 Supreme skate that I havent skated in or baked yet (10.5 D). They are hurting bad about 1 inch below the ankle. The rest of the skate fits great and is super comfortable. The pain doesnt start until I lace them, and stand UP. Then the pain starts. Its just below where the protrusion ends on the outside of the skate for the ankle bone. The pain is enough to where I cant skate in them like this.

Im still ordering some old stock Jetspeed 300s (fit my feet very well in a EE), but these Supremes were a good price and Id really like to try them out if I can fix this spot. Otherwise, Ill sell them on ebay if there is no fix. The heel itself doesnt feel too tight, just this one spot is terrible.

Thanks!

I had this still working on it so not 100% yet . Theres a little bone bump under the ankle bone , which is where I get the pain . I baked once and only skated in twice . (happening in vapor 1xs for me) .Going to try thinner skate socks , have been using regular socks so far which are slightly thicker . May also try a rebake before I ditch these as they fit well otherwise for me .Also this is only on one ankle for me , is this both feet for you

8 hours ago, ChrisS8899 said:

Theres a little bone bump under the ankle bone , which is where I get the pain . I baked once and only skated in twice . (happening in vapor 1xs for me) .Going to try thinner skate socks , have been using regular socks so far which are slightly thicker . May also try a rebake before I ditch these as they fit well otherwise for me .Also this is only on one ankle for me , is this both feet for you

Try the rebake and try to get at least 1/2 dozen or so skates in them.  If that one area is still a problem get it punched in that spot.

2 hours ago, start_today said:

Did they hurt this badly when you tried them on before buying them?

No , no pain when I tried them on before buying them . Only notice into the 2nd period or so. Yes going to try to get more time in them and see.  

53 minutes ago, dkmiller3356 said:

bake and punch out the spot.. they will be fine

Yeah will do hopefully some use will clear it up - does seem to improve slightly little by little. Sorry to hijack this thread just have one more question.  Do you have any ideas on taking up some forefoot extra space besides using thicker socks. Long story short im in between sizes  6.5-7. I heel slip in  7d's  but 6.5d is too tight , so 6.5ee worked out -heel locks great but having trouble adjusting to the extra forefoot space , im not swimming but was used to a d forefoot prior. This is in 17 1x's 6.5ee - wondering if a nexus 1n 6.5D would be about the same in the forefoot . 

22 hours ago, ChrisS8899 said:

Yeah will do hopefully some use will clear it up - does seem to improve slightly little by little. Sorry to hijack this thread just have one more question.  Do you have any ideas on taking up some forefoot extra space besides using thicker socks. Long story short im in between sizes  6.5-7. I heel slip in  7d's  but 6.5d is too tight , so 6.5ee worked out -heel locks great but having trouble adjusting to the extra forefoot space , im not swimming but was used to a d forefoot prior. This is in 17 1x's 6.5ee - wondering if a nexus 1n 6.5D would be about the same in the forefoot . 

For reference, having had Supreme S190s in EE and N9000s in Ds, the Ds are more roomy vertically in the toebox than the EEs. I'll spare you the long story about my fitting dilemmas and issues, but I'll second trying powerfoot inserts.

But if you want to try something on your own, one thing I tried before I went for powerfoots is I bought some silicon heel pads from the dollar store like the picture below. Cut them in half, so they fit the toe box, and found they filled up the negative space quite well without any discomfort. One set of heel pads will give you two sets of inserts, one wider and one thinner. To keep them in place I would use sock tape to attach them to the top of my toes before I put them into the skate. Sometimes it could be fiddly if I didn't get them settled in right. But anyways, Its something you can try that won't cost much in terms of dollars.

I eventually went for powerfoot inserts because, I got tired of the fiddling with the gel pads. 

silicone-heel-pads-shock-absorption-inso 

Ok I'm not sure which info was directed at me from my original question .  So skate in them and punch them? Or just forget it use the ccms? If punching them is not a sure thing or takes a lot of breaking in I'll probably just skate in the ccms which on on the way now.

17 minutes ago, johndeere506 said:

Ok I'm not sure which info was directed at me from my original question .  So skate in them and punch them? Or just forget it use the ccms? If punching them is not a sure thing or takes a lot of breaking in I'll probably just skate in the ccms which on on the way now.

@johndeere506 You used the pain and you can’t even skate in them. Sounds to me like they just don’t fit.

If the CCM’s work, just stick with them.

On 1/31/2018 at 9:54 PM, johndeere506 said:

I have a new Bauer 160 Supreme skate that I havent skated in or baked yet (10.5 D). They are hurting bad about 1 inch below the ankle. The rest of the skate fits great and is super comfortable. The pain doesnt start until I lace them, and stand UP. Then the pain starts. Its just below where the protrusion ends on the outside of the skate for the ankle bone. The pain is enough to where I cant skate in them like this.

Im still ordering some old stock Jetspeed 300s (fit my feet very well in a EE), but these Supremes were a good price and Id really like to try them out if I can fix this spot. Otherwise, Ill sell them on ebay if there is no fix. The heel itself doesnt feel too tight, just this one spot is terrible.

Thanks!

Baking may fix it for you . If there is a lhs near that can punch the boot out in those spots  then if baking your self.  If you don't have a lhs or lhs looks at you like you have four heads then you can do it yourself.  Put a flat spot on a golf ball for the inside then use part of one of those conical dog toys for the out side.  Bake the boot then use a clamp to put pressure on the rig it will be a bit of needing three hands but it does work. 

36 minutes ago, johndeere506 said:

Punching isn't guaranteed. Have you done the pencil test across the forth (?)eyelet down ? Pencil should set across with out touching your foot .   Verify the eyelet I'm not trusting my memory.