Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

t27j9s

Can't Remove Runner from LS2

Thnx for the response.

had it in a rather large bench vise and could get the back part out about 1/4  inch

clear of holder...took it to total hockey and the kid tried to pry it out with a screwdriver.

I stopped him from doing that and returned home... put it back in the vise and then...tapped the toe of the holder lightly and the

Blade popped right out.

I now have the blade out and sandwiched it between two pieces of wood and clamped

it down on the vise to see if that will straighten it out.

There is a dedicated device for straightening bent blades, you could ask a few LHS if they have one on hand? E.g. this one:

I assume you have to  "overbend" it slightly in the opposite direction so it flexes back to being straight.

Yes...thanx

Pure Hcky did use that but it was while the blade was still in the Hldr.

It was better for a short time...and...now appears to have TWO bends instead of ONE curve.

When I had those runners what I would do is undo the nut about half way and then push down on it with the nut driver. That would pop the blade down and then I could take the nut off the rest of the way.