Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johndeere506

STX Stallion and Surgeon Opinions

I went to my LHS to pick up a True A5.2 SBP, and they didn't have the right specs, or in the A4.5 SBP. They tried showing me some other sticks I wasn't interested in, except the Stallion and Surgeon. The matte finish on those is amazing. Its a much less grip and slightly textured feel to it. Does anyone use these? There isn't nearly as much talk about these models as most other brands.

In my hands, a non grip feels more natural and normal than a grip finish. This matte that STX has is just perfect in the hands. Not sure how they play though or anything about them really. 

10 hours ago, ParabolicActivity said:

The Surgeon shafts and blades are a game changer for me. They aren't for everyone but I love them.

I love them too, but once you get used to them a regular shaft feels wrong. Not a big deal initially, but they never seem to go on sale, and a lot of stores don't stock them. So they can end up being a pricey preference. Best shaft for me tho...

The shaft dimension is different on the surgeon, but not the stallion. I mostly like the grip texture of the finish on their matte stick. It's like a half grip. Anyone else make one like that?

59 minutes ago, johndeere506 said:

Warrior Velvet grip? Is that still made or called something else?

Very interesting that you brought that up. I just bought two 2011 AK27's from Hockey World with the velvet grip and I am really loving them as back ups. Best stickhandling grip ever. The grip on the STX RX2 and RX2.1 have nearly the exact same feel. Just a touch less velvet and a touch more grip. The RX2.2 has a stickier grip, but its not nearly as sticky as Bauer's grip. I wish they made an X9 curve for the 2.2's

HW has the 2011 AK27s at a steep discount right now. My local store has them at two for $110. I am constantly talking myself out of buying two more.