Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JONES199

Bauer Supreme 1S vs S190

I guess we can't wait for the 2S.  We need to replace my sons MX3 skates because the "Injected Stability Lacing System" has failed and come away from the boot.  It appears that the presence of this failed piece is a main differentiator between the 1S vs S190.  Has anyone else seen the failure? Is it resolved with the 1S or is the S190 with the traditional eyelets perhaps a better choice as a replacement?

My 2015 1X injected lacing broke early on and I received the S190s from Bauer as a replacement (per my request). I heard the injected lacing has been beefed up and corrected but I will be sticking with standard eyelets from now on. Just my 2 cents. 

Thanks for the response.  The "Injected Stability Lacing System" has pulled away from the boot on both skates.  The pieces are intact be just separated from the boot.

30 minutes ago, JONES199 said:

Thanks for the response.  The "Injected Stability Lacing System" has pulled away from the boot on both skates.  The pieces are intact be just separated from the boot.

You could probably bring that to a shoe repair place in your town and have them stitch that back in place since it doesn't seem to be broken. 

I opted for the 190s over the MX3 when I was buying new skates for the price and I preferred the tongue, the traditional eyelets and steel that came with them.

17 hours ago, strosedefence34 said:

I opted for the 190s over the MX3 when I was buying new skates for the price and I preferred the tongue, the traditional eyelets and steel that came with them.

Same here. I’m actually thinking Of buying the S190 once they go on sale as the 2S (not the top of the line 2S Pro) gets rid of the comfort edge, which I like. Then again, after seeing the price list on the new Supreme line I get why they did away with it.

2 hours ago, tpedersen3118 said:

Same here. I’m actually thinking Of buying the S190 once they go on sale as the 2S (not the top of the line 2S Pro) gets rid of the comfort edge, which I like. Then again, after seeing the price list on the new Supreme line I get why they did away with it.

I saw they got rid of the comfort edge which really disappoints me. Will this skate be overal spec’d down from the S190?

2 hours ago, JGraz15 said:

I saw they got rid of the comfort edge which really disappoints me. Will this skate be overal spec’d down from the S190?

Not sure. I would assume that it would be on par with the X900 and not the N9000. I was really excited when the N9000 came out especially at the $600 price point. Then I saw there was no comfort edge and they went with the TPR outsole rather than carbon. I was let down.

I just had my injected lacing system re-sewn on yesterday at shoe repair shop. Repair took maybe 10 minutes and cost 5 dollars.  Skated on them last night and they were like new.  I wish I could take the things I like about the 1S and the S190 and combine them.  

On 2/8/2018 at 1:16 PM, ginjaninja said:

I just had my injected lacing system re-sewn on yesterday at shoe repair shop. Repair took maybe 10 minutes and cost 5 dollars.  Skated on them last night and they were like new.  I wish I could take the things I like about the 1S and the S190 and combine them.  

You can go custom from Bauer. Start with the 1S, change the tendon, lacing system, liner, tongue, etc. 

I prefer standard eyelets as well. If you look at a majority of NHL players they also prefer standard eyelets. I think the injected lace stability system is a marketing gimmick just like the Bauer Vapor Advanced stick.... such BS. 

Bauer skates- the eyelets will rip out and the holder won't hold the steel tight, but the boot is so stiff and rigid you probably don't have to worry about it fully breaking in before the other parts fail. 

On 2/10/2018 at 5:02 PM, Nicholas G said:

I prefer standard eyelets as well. If you look at a majority of NHL players they also prefer standard eyelets. I think the injected lace stability system is a marketing gimmick just like the Bauer Vapor Advanced stick.... such BS. 

I’d say NHLers use what the teams equipment managers can easily replace.

I didn’t think I would care for the injected lacing system, but I really like it. Some areas move freely like regular eylets, other areas lock as you tighten (which is fantastic). To me, a gimmick is something that either doesn’t add value and/or doesn’t do what’s its said to do. In this case, I feel it adds value and definitely does what it was designed to do.

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:31 AM, tpedersen3118 said:

Has anyone seen the 1S/S190 on sale yet?

11 minutes ago, JONES199 said:

Has anyone seen the 1S/S190 on sale yet?

Recently saw that the goalie skates are on sale

We were able to get the skates fixed by the local pro team.  It's now time to buy the next pair or two.  He's always gone up in 1/2 size increments so he's not in them for very long.   

Definitely not the case here.  He may wear them too small but not too big.  The skates are 2-3 smaller than street shoes.  I don't know how he gets in them.

FYI I have 1S skates, and something I've done to try and keep from damaging the injected eyelets is pull out on the laces rather than up when I'm tightening them. That way I'm putting less pressure on the eyelets. I learned to do this when baking skates, and I figured why not do it every time I lace up. I can still get them really tight with this method without putting so much pressure on the boot stitching.

Yeah yeah yeah, you shouldn't have to do this, but I actually have grown to like the eyelets on the 1S. They get tight and stay tight for the entire game without needing wax laces.