Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

titan1234

Reebok Edge Practice Jerseys - Pro vs. Replica Sizing

I know that the most recent generation of the Pro practice jerseys (commonly referred to as Edge 3.0) came in numeric sizes (46/50/52, etc.) while the replicas came in S/M/L/XL etc., and don't have the fight strap.

Do either of these have significant taper in the body of the jersey like the Reebok 20P00?

Are the shoulders/sleeves on the replicas sufficiently wide enough for wearing over equipment, or are they just fanwear?

For fit, is it safe to assume the armpit-to-armpit width of a Pro is just half the size (e.g., 50 / 2 = 25 inches)?  What would be the armpit-to-armpit width of the replica's in M or L?

For reference, my chest is 38".  I struggle to get a Reebok 20P00 in Small over my shoulder pads, and I find the taper too restrictive, while I find it easy to fit into CCM 10200 Medium's and Kobe Medium that are both about 24" pit to pit.

Edit:  Here's a visual example - REEBOK-NHL-PRACTICE-HOCKEY-JERSEY-SIZE-MEDIUM

Thanks for the suggestion.  

The dilemma that I came across is that there is some terminology differences across information sources like what you posted and nhlshop.ca and icejerseys.com, such that I can't tell if "Edge" or "Practice"  or "Platinum" is referring to a 20P00, an Edge 1.0 or Edge 3.0 numeric/alpha.  As I have only seen the replica practice jerseys online, I will need to inquire with each individual vendor to measure for me, or just stick with the Edge numerics.

Further progress in my search for an NHL practice jersey, today I came across a Reebok replica practice jersey sz Medium at the local fan store.  It's a straight cut body with armpit width and bottom hem both 24", which matches my other jerseys.  However, the armhole measuring straight up along the body side seam is 11", vs the 13"-to-14" on my existing jerseys.  Decided not to buy, as it was the wrong colour, the team logo appeared to be heat-pressed, plus the staff said the replicas generally aren't meant to fit over pads.  So my search continues with keeping an eye out for the rare Edge numeric, sz 50 or 52, or perhaps the new Adidas version.

I bought some size 56 Jerseys from prostockhockey. They are the VERY heavy weight replicas with fighting straps. I put them in a couple of extra hot washes and they shrunk quite a bit to fit me perfectly - 5'9 185 42" chest

21 hours ago, RickDC said:

I bought some size 56 Jerseys from prostockhockey. They are the VERY heavy weight replicas with fighting straps. I put them in a couple of extra hot washes and they shrunk quite a bit to fit me perfectly - 5'9 185 42" chest

Wow, TIL that polyester can actually shrink.  

Sizing sounds appropriate.  You'd be around 2 sizes larger than me, so I'd fall into a 50/52, perhaps even a 46.  For reference, I believe Nathan Gerbe who is 5'4" wore a 52 at one time based on what I've come across on eBay..

57 minutes ago, titan1234 said:

Wow, TIL that polyester can actually shrink.  

Sizing sounds appropriate.  You'd be around 2 sizes larger than me, so I'd fall into a 50/52, perhaps even a 46.  For reference, I believe Nathan Gerbe who is 5'4" wore a 52 at one time based on what I've come across on eBay..

I would have been happy to go one size up, as it's a little tight around my elbow pads.. I did put them in quite a few of the extra hot white washes to shrink them as they were pretty large when new.