Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IPv6Freely

2018 NHL Trade Deadline

Phaneuf and Thompson traded from Ottawa to LA, in exchange for Gaborik and Shore. 

As a Kings fan, this made me throw up in my mouth a bit. 

image.thumb.png.16fe7f383a62e6795da42f6137e392e9.png

18 minutes ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Haha the vomit part.

Seeing that name/number on my team's jerseys lol. I'm not a Phaneuf fan at all. 

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

Seeing that name/number on my team's jerseys lol. I'm not a Phaneuf fan at all. 

Love him or hate him he's a good defensemen. Past his prime a bit though.

4 hours ago, theinfamoust94 said:

Love him or hate him he's a good defensemen. Past his prime a bit though.

He's a decent depth guy at this point in his career, which is what LA picked him up to be. 

2 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Mrazek traded to Flyers by Red Wings

As a Flyers fan, this is obviously a tired issue that I'm all too familiar with haha. Yet another goaltender. It seemed that Mrazek was on his way to pushing Howard out of the crease. Who knows what the Flyers will get. At least it adds some intrigue...

Flyers have gone year after year of being decent but having crap goalies. Not sure Mrazek is the answer but he’s never had a decent team in front of him.

Of course the flyers have one of the best goalie prospects who probably isn’t too far off so this is basically a stopgap I would think.

After the Islanders were in on trade rumors for so long... We need to replace Greiss, Halak isn't really the issue.

Snow really must go. (For the record, I don't think the billboard is a good idea.)

8 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Flyers have gone year after year of being decent but having crap goalies. Not sure Mrazek is the answer but he’s never had a decent team in front of him.

Of course the flyers have one of the best goalie prospects who probably isn’t too far off so this is basically a stopgap I would think.

I agree. Carter Hart seems to be what the Flyers need but that won't be known for a couple more years. After letting Bobrovsky go (such a dumb move), the Flyers put themselves back into the "stop gap" process. Hopefully, Mrazek can be serviceable and not cost the Flyers games.  

Pens acquire Brassard from Sens

Per article: "According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, the Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired centre Derick Brassard from the Ottawa Senators for a package including their 2018 first-round pick and defenceman Ian Cole. Dreger reports goaltending prospect Filip Gustavsson is also heading to the Senators as part of the deal. The Senators were previously without a draft pick in the first two rounds of June's draft as a result of their trade for Matt Duchene in November."

That adds needed depth for Pens. It gets the Sens a low 1st round draft pick. I don't know if Karlsson will be traded before the deadline but Monday is still 3 days away. 

This was a super interesting trade. I am curious what the details of it were before it was approved by the league.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/22575228/rick-nash-traded-boston-bruins-new-york-rangers

Nash is finally gone, and the Bruins look to be really dangerous in the playoffs. Spooner and Beleskey seem like odd fits for the Rangers to me, maybe they get flipped. The first rounder and Lindgren are good pieces for New York as they kick off the rebuild.

The Maple Leafs have acquired Tomas Plekanec and Kyle Baun from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for Rinat Valiev, Kerby Rychel and Toronto’s second-round draft pick in 2018.

Habs retail 50% of Plekanec’s salary.

WTF??

6 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

The Maple Leafs have acquired Tomas Plekanec and Kyle Baun from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for Rinat Valiev, Kerby Rychel and Toronto’s second-round draft pick in 2018.

Habs retail 50% of Plekanec’s salary.

WTF??

i am going to guess that the Leafs are trying to make at least 1 more trade (guessing right hand shot defenseman) which requires having enough cap space. From this chart the Leafs don't have much cap space.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/mapleleafs

^ LOL

Anyway, looking at the trades today there's been a few minor deals so far. The only one that stands out is Paul Stastny to Winnpeg, in exchange for Erik Foley, 2018 1st round pick, and a conditional 2020 4th round pick. Looks like the Jets are going for it.