Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andrew61523

In Between Intermediate and Senior Flex Sticks

So I'm a weak growing 5'8 male that likes a stick under my nose.  I find that the senior sticks are too stiff and tall for me, and the intermediate sticks are at the flex I like, however, they are too short for me.  I haven't tried putting an extension because I don't want to mess up the flex.  I also don't have a lot of money to buy prostock either.  What should I do?   

You can always try the lower flex senior sticks (e.g. Bauer 77, Warrior/Easton/CCM 75) and cut them to length, some select sticks in intermediate flex (e.g. CCM 70 flex) also come in senior length (61"/63" - at least in Europe). Depending on the length of extension you require, the difference in flex can range from minor to massive, so how much longer would you need your INT sticks to be?

I personally play the exact length most INT sticks come in (Easton/Warrior), however I prefer the lower flex seniors cut to that length.

Your best bet would be trying the extension. Other than that, CCM makes a senior 70 flex on the Trigger2.

In my position, I'm 5'6, but 190 pounds. I like the intermediate flex, but can't stand the thinner shaft dimensions, so I ended up having to compromise by using a longer senior stick so I could try and get the most out of it.

39 minutes ago, EBondo said:

Your best bet would be trying the extension. Other than that, CCM makes a senior 70 flex on the Trigger2.

In my position, I'm 5'6, but 190 pounds. I like the intermediate flex, but can't stand the thinner shaft dimensions, so I ended up having to compromise by using a longer senior stick so I could try and get the most out of it.

I completely agree with this. I think you'll find that you very likely will not notice the extra flex once putting in a 1" or 1.5" extension. Try it first! Easier and cheaper than finding and buying a specific stick

6 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

True makes taller 58 and 68 flex Int, Warrior does the same in 55 and 70, have you checked those out?

I was going to have 70 flex Sr sticks made in custom and went back to my samples with the XC9 ACF 68 Int... The shaft dimension felt as close to a Sr as I have ever had my hands on and the 68 ended up being butter for me-  Especially at 58 inches tall.  It's a great option for the OP-  Thanx for calling it out.

3 hours ago, Swlabr11 said:

Are there any manufacturers making an intermediate stick with senior shaft dimensions?

CCM makes senior size 70 flex sticks, I have a Trigger 2 and an FT1.

I've been fooling around with extensions for the last little while. For me, I find I can add 3-4 inches without affecting the feel of the stick too much. 

As for flex, this is going to sound strange, but flex doesn't change when you add or subtract length from a stick. What does change is the stick's stiffness and the amount of leverage you have. Flex is a measurement of how much force it takes to bend a 1 meter section of the material that stick is made of. 

Any way, what does it mean practically? It means that just because a stick feels a less stiff when you add an extension, it doesn't mean it loses any of its potential to store energy and generate power on the recoil. IMHO, it means that it's easier to store energy because the stick is easier to bend.

On 2/17/2018 at 12:33 PM, AIREAYE said:

I completely agree with this. I think you'll find that you very likely will not notice the extra flex once putting in a 1" or 1.5" extension. Try it first! Easier and cheaper than finding and buying a specific stick

I will third this. I would start to be concerned at about 3-4" of extra extension, as this can stress the joint where the extension mates with the stick and crack it. An inch, or two, you won't even notice a difference.