Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey everyone, wanted to check in and see if anyone knew of some updated apps or websites that you use to find players for adult/beer leagues.

I found this BenchApp, but the map never seems to load for me when searching the LA area, and searching sites like Craigs List always come back with someone selling their old beat up skates. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

26 minutes ago, dkmiller3356 said:

I'm not letting anyone step on the ice with my team that me or teammates do not know.

I totally get that. We've been burned a few times in the past couple of years by guys like that.

But we're also getting to the point where we're stale and some of our old regulars are having life get in the way, so it goes. Figure if someone is willing to sign up for an app or community they all can't be high school glory goons.

Howdy,

Around here, "we need a player" / "we need a goalie" / "I want to play" is all on facebook groups.

Mark

2 hours ago, penguinpelts said:

I totally get that. We've been burned a few times in the past couple of years by guys like that.

But we're also getting to the point where we're stale and some of our old regulars are having life get in the way, so it goes. Figure if someone is willing to sign up for an app or community they all can't be high school glory goons.

But they might also suck or be assholes. Go to pickup Hockey and recruit. 

1 hour ago, MN old and slow said:

Who cares if they suck if they are nice guys?  

You playin for the cup?

In MN all da guys over 55 are stellar players.

We win the god medal if we send a UMD and SCSU all star team to Korea.

I can find nice guys who dont suck too...

gold not god medal but indeed MN players are like hockey goods

beer league is just fun after high school or as far as you get at the top level who cares how somebody plays after that

many say mn high school hockey falls in between the KHL and the NHL

nice to visit with , buy a round once in a while  is all that matters in beer league