Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
GaryM

Buy CCM Super Tacks or wait for AS1 Release?

52 minutes ago, dkmiller3356 said:

JR can do that for you and they will be like new.  Use the MSH Pro Shop.  He does all my work!

Not sure I will do that right away but it might be an option down the road. Out of curiousity, where is the MSH pro shop located? And I assume you get the original holders and steel returned?

1 hour ago, GaryM said:

Not sure I will do that right away but it might be an option down the road. Out of curiousity, where is the MSH pro shop located? And I assume you get the original holders and steel returned?

See above! 

35 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

24 hours.  Should go back out the day after I receive it.  USPS Priority Mail back out to you, so 2-3 days after that.

Noticed you guys but on Tuuks and do heel lifts.. If I send my skates and want both done is there any discount for doing both and the same time? Also do I need to send the Tuuks or do you supply them?

36 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

24 hours.  Should go back out the day after I receive it.  USPS Priority Mail back out to you, so 2-3 days after that.

And safe to assume that it will take a week with shipping there and back

30 minutes ago, theinfamoust94 said:

Noticed you guys but on Tuuks and do heel lifts.. If I send my skates and want both done is there any discount for doing both and the same time? Also do I need to send the Tuuks or do you supply them?

You will have to supply the Tuuks.

If this is something you want to do, email proshop@modsquadhockey.com and we'll discuss.  I suppose the total could be amended because the lifts include rivet removal/replacement.

No need to clog up this thread.

• Like 1

I was down state today and stopped by a different LHS (from the one in my original post) to see what they had in stock for Super Tacks. All they had was a size 8D (I wear size 9D) but couldn’t help myself. Just had to try them on. While my toes were mashed up front, the heel made a sucking sound when I slipped into the boot. Sides felt snug, almost like they hugged the countour of my foot, but not uncomfortable. But my heel was definitely locked in, I almost needed help removing them.

For anyone that has worn a Bauer Supreme AND Super Tacks, did you find the width of the boots (D to D) similiar? Maybe the difference I was feeling was the difference between the one piece boot and a two piece? Anyways, it felt good!

8 minutes ago, GaryM said:

I was down state today and stopped by a different LHS (from the one in my original post) to see what they had in stock for Super Tacks. All they had was a size 8D (I wear size 9D) but couldn’t help myself. Just had to try them on. While my toes were mashed up front, the heel made a sucking sound when I slipped into the boot. Sides felt snug, almost like they hugged the countour of my foot, but not uncomfortable. But my heel was definitely locked in, I almost needed help removing them.

For anyone that has worn a Bauer Supreme AND Super Tacks, did you find the width of the boots (D to D) similiar? Maybe the difference I was feeling was the difference between the one piece boot and a two piece? Anyways, it felt good!

Yeah width is similar

1 hour ago, GaryM said:

I thought so but thanks for confirming

No worries. I have had a pair of both. Started with 1S' but didn't work well for me.. Too stiff and the shape of where the eyelets were were too outward, straight, and stiff (if that makes sense). The supertacks are better for wrapping around the ankles and I feel that the traditional eyelets helps. Also found they wrapped around the foot better and all the spots with pressure feel cushioned. Only issue is I get a rough blister around on the inside arch especially on my right foot.. I'm thinking/hoping its a breaking in issue or it can be fixed with different insoles. But width overall has felt the same and worked fine for me.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, theinfamoust94 said:

Only issue is I get a rough blister around on the inside arch especially on my right foot.. I'm thinking/hoping its a breaking in issue or it can be fixed with different insoles. But width overall has felt the same and worked fine for me.

I’m sure you had them baked but are you using these CCM Custom Support Insoles? The stock insoles with the STs didn’t look like anything special. Might help with the blisters?

On 2/21/2018 at 3:37 PM, GoalForFun said:

If I were you and in a position to buy AS1s, I'd just shell out the extra hundred bucks or so and go with the CCM AS1 full-custom program that they'll be rolling out in stores once the skates release.

I agree. The fully custom AS1 is going to be much better than the current generation. While saving some cash sounds great, remember hockey skates are a significant investment and the most important piece of hockey equipment. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, theinfamoust94 said:

No worries. I have had a pair of both. Started with 1S' but didn't work well for me.. Too stiff and the shape of where the eyelets were were too outward, straight, and stiff (if that makes sense). The supertacks are better for wrapping around the ankles and I feel that the traditional eyelets helps. Also found they wrapped around the foot better and all the spots with pressure feel cushioned. Only issue is I get a rough blister around on the inside arch especially on my right foot.. I'm thinking/hoping its a breaking in issue or it can be fixed with different insoles. But width overall has felt the same and worked fine for me.

Or use Bauer Speed Plates. I don't really like the CCM Custom Insoles very much. They are too squishy. 

3 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

Or use Bauer Speed Plates. I don't really like the CCM Custom Insoles very much. They are too squishy. 

I broke my leg in Speed Plates the one time I wore them.. Too superstitious to go back.

On 3/7/2018 at 8:34 AM, markush said:

Anyone  already tried a pair of them? 

Loved my OG's and have been really happy with the AS1's. They feel even more anatomical, and I really like the extra flex the new tongue and tendon guard are providing. The footbed isn't as plush as the previous custom support insoles but they do feel more responsive. The AS1's are 20g lighter per skate and CCM aimed to improve on durability, which I can't speak to quite yet, although I never had issues with the first-gen in the first place. The graphics have really grown on me and the Super Tacks look dated when I look back at them now. 

• Like 4

On 8.3.2018 at 6:00 PM, IW Team - Chase said:

Loved my OG's and have been really happy with the AS1's. They feel even more anatomical, and I really like the extra flex the new tongue and tendon guard are providing. The footbed isn't as plush as the previous custom support insoles but they do feel more responsive. The AS1's are 20g lighter per skate and CCM aimed to improve on durability, which I can't speak to quite yet, although I never had issues with the first-gen in the first place. The graphics have really grown on me and the Super Tacks look dated when I look back at them now. 

So they also feel more responsive & natural than SuperTacks former model?

And would also be interesting to know how good the new auto custom fitting works in real life.  It claims to recognize every individual foot shape. Wonder if the fit is really that exact or of it feels too tight / loose in certain areas?

On 3/8/2018 at 12:00 PM, IW Team - Chase said:

Hey Chase, quick question about skate weights, you guys have the '16 Tacks listed as 843g, and the AS1's are listed at 786g on the website, which would be a 58g difference, but then I read here that there is only a 20g difference and I just wanted to check which was correct. I was thinking of getting a pair of the '16's when they went on clearance, but would probably get the AS1's if there was a 60g weight difference.

On 3/8/2018 at 11:00 AM, IW Team - Chase said:

How is the volume on these?  My nexus n9000 are the only thing I've tried that had quite enough volume, but the heel is still a little loose.  The S180s almost did and the 2014/2015 tacks i tried on were close, but not quite deep enough as well.  How do these compare?  

On 3/8/2018 at 12:00 PM, IW Team - Chase said:

Chase, would you say the sizing and fit are pretty much identical between the AS1 and OG?  8D in the original Super Tacks fits me perfectly.  Only skate on the market that actually fits my feet.  Have a chance to get a pair of AS1 for a good deal, but no chance to try them on.