Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johndeere506

Why Cant I Shoot with Gloves On?

My accuracy came back pretty fast in the basement with the kids after almost 20 years. I tried using my old gloves, and all accuracy goes out the window. They are old, and probably never were great gloves. I remember always being able to shoot well messing around in the past, but the few drop in games in played with gloves I couldnt shoot well. In the basement, I notice the gloves limit me big time, maybe in the wristt and fingers both but hard to tell, and they are slipping on my non grip stick.

I was going to buy some Vapor 900s. They feel great. I have never shot with them though. Are these going to fix the problem? Do I need a grip stick? I dont want one but now wonder if it might help.

My bare hands dont slip, have control, and feel great. I want that feel with a glove on.

24 minutes ago, johndeere506 said:

I notice the gloves limit me big time, maybe in the wristt and fingers both but hard to tell, and they are slipping on my non grip stick.

I think you have identified your problem right here

Not sure how many local shops you have to choose from but some have stick testing areas with artificial ice. If you can't try before you buy maybe see if you can buy the Vapors to try them out lightly at home with the possibility of returning them if your accuracy  doesn't improve with them on. Doubt there's a way to predict accurately if it'll work or not.

I did a nice wrap down low for my lower hand last night and it made a HUGE difference. Im not sure why I never did that before, but its so much better, even with my old stiff gloves. 

I think once I get some better gloves and tape up my new stick it will work much better!

Thanks for the tips guys! I really should have thought of that myself though lol...

If your palms are really stiff and worn out that will cause the slipping of the stick so new gloves should remedy that nicely. However, I think your old gloves, like you said, are limiting your wrist movement. If you like 4 rolls, you should be able to find a few that give you a lot of room for your wrists to work, but if you like the tapered fit (or closer to the hand) the vapors and the QRL pro's are good choices. The Alpha Pro's are also nice and are kind of a combination of the QRL's fit and the 4 roll fit. Kinda tight in the fingers and loose at the wrists.