Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
mjpisat

New true sticks?

15 minutes ago, Jamarquan said:

Welp, now I've got two things to look forward to on 3/15, at least this one's good. @Zac911

Yes!  SBP and HT.  HT will be in 6.0 Sr only this go around.

13 minutes ago, Zac911 said:

Yes!  SBP and HT.  HT will be in 6.0 Sr only this go around.

Too rich for my blood, I'll take an a4.5 instead, this more than makes up for standardized Latin exams (whoever thought of it)

1 hour ago, Jamarquan said:

Too rich for my blood, I'll take an a4.5 instead, this more than makes up for standardized Latin exams (whoever thought of it)

I get it.  I was hoping for a 4.5HT 

Looks like the A series intermediate flex and length are going to be similar to the XC line as far as the 58/68 flex and the 58 being a little shorter. This is good for shorter people like me. I emailed True a while back asking if they would consider going shorter for the intermediates and it looks like they are. I’m excited to try it out.

Have you tried shooting the new 6.0 or 4.5 yet @Zac911?

9 hours ago, yipperzz said:

Looks like the A series intermediate flex and length are going to be similar to the XC line as far as the 58/68 flex and the 58 being a little shorter. This is good for shorter people like me. I emailed True a while back asking if they would consider going shorter for the intermediates and it looks like they are. I’m excited to try it out.

Have you tried shooting the new 6.0 or 4.5 yet @Zac911?

I'm an X-Core guy,  so I tend to stick with what I like.  The new A-Series refinements feel very nice though; howerver,  I haven't acutally played with one outside of a shooting booth.

• Like 1

The HCR looks to be gone from the new lineup, that's a shame. 

Are there any other details you can provide us? 

EDIT: Both the A6.0 HT and SBP feature SmartFlex, but the tweet makes it sound like one model is a low kick and the other is a mid. Did I misread it?

Edited by Jamarquan

2 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

The HCR looks to be gone from the new lineup, that's a shame. 

Are there any other details you can provide us? 

EDIT: Both the A6.0 HT and SBP feature SmartFlex, but the tweet makes it sound like one model is a low kick and the other is a mid. Did I misread it?

HCR was my pattern for a long time... I was on the fence abouut getting 70 Flex HCR Sr done in Custom and then I tried the Int XC9 in 68 TC4 since the blade profile ( before someone takes profile as pattern and tries to start an argument again-  profile meaning the shape of the blade relative to rocker ) is pretty much same... Just had to get used to a toe curve,  but so far has been awesome.  Never thought I would use a toe curve,  but lesson here is that as long as the blade profile is same / similar adjusting to a different curve isn't that hard-  AT LEAST FOR ME. 

HT is Hair Trigger = Low Kick

SBP is Strength Balance Power = Mid Kick

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ParabolicActivity said:

I can't believe no one has done this yet. Every where I go I hear people wanting this curve. Is there actually a chance True will be the first to make it?

Base already makes it.

Every company should just offer:

Shananan-Sakic-Modano-Lidstrom-Drury

Yzerman can be replaced with the P28 I guess.

Signed,

90s kid. 

Edited by Cavs019
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

Every company should just offer:

Shananan-Sakic-Modano-Lidstrom-Drury

Yzerman can be replaced with the P28 I guess.

Signed,

90s kid. 

Lack of p88 is disturbing.

(I was a 90s kid who didn't use Easton, so maybe you listed it)

10 hours ago, Siponarius said:

i love variable kick point sticks. Dig my current A6.0. Sad to see true moving away from this. :/

What?

12 hours ago, Zac911 said:

What?

The current true I have, from all information I have, is a variable kick point stick, like an RBZ. This advert seems to indicated it will either be a mid or a low instead

13 hours ago, Siponarius said:

The current true I have, from all information I have, is a variable kick point stick, like an RBZ. This advert seems to indicated it will either be a mid or a low instead

From what I know, it's not like the RBZ. The stiffnesss of the stick is softer at the handle and gets stiffer as you go down the shaft. 

The rbz has more of a uniform stiffness going down the shaft.

This would make true smartflex more akin to how a Supertacks 2.0 or a 1s flexes.  Here's a video.

I loved my A5.2 SBP. Unfortunately, after my first one I had a really hard time finding another TC2-5 95 flex.   I never did so I went with a Nexus 1N and it has been awesome. Also, I had a lot of chipping with my 5.2 in the hosel area. I wonder if True beefed up the outer carbon layers to be more durable?

28 minutes ago, tpedersen3118 said:

I loved my A5.2 SBP. Unfortunately, after my first one I had a really hard time finding another TC2-5 95 flex.   I never did so I went with a Nexus 1N and it has been awesome. Also, I had a lot of chipping with my 5.2 in the hosel area. I wonder if True beefed up the outer carbon layers to be more durable?

Along with the blade on my 5.2 falling apart, I had chipping issues too. Which sucks because it's a fantastic stick

Edited by nutters