Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mjpisat

New true sticks?

3 hours ago, Zac911 said:

Ever play monopoly with a friend who acquires all the money and then starts changing the rules every minute to keep themselves in power?

God this is the most relatable post in this thread. 

But to go off what Buzz said above, this is down season for many shops, like the one I work at. We'll carry mostly current stock through the summer and clear most stuff out to make room for everything to come in around August. 

I agree the OEM's throw odd launch dates around (not just True) and try to make it seem like people are going to line up outside of retailers.  Most kids are onto other sports right now.  LET me get a stick with a warranty that will run out before he gets a chance to even hit the ice...splendid idea

Right now is when kids are jumping into spring/summer leagues, they have tryouts for next fall's teams and are prepping for summer showcases and camps. It is a year-round thing for a lot of folks.

Chippa,  You are right and I was in that craze for a spell with my boy...you also have some other camps and try-outs that are for those players on the advanced track.  I would think that anything this time of year would lead many to searching for season closeouts (the wallet needs a rest at some point).  I will admit...I have unsubscribed from most all of the retailer Email lists...so that tells you something right there.

8 hours ago, adam14 said:

God this is the most relatable post in this thread. 

But to go off what Buzz said above, this is down season for many shops, like the one I work at. We'll carry mostly current stock through the summer and clear most stuff out to make room for everything to come in around August. 

I can completely relate.  March and April are always challenging.  My smaller dealers pushed off their deliveries which is completely understandable. 

On 3/18/2018 at 3:13 PM, Zac911 said:

Some brands purchase buzz... Some just make good stuff.

So Bauer, CCM, Warrior and whoever else don’t make good stuff? That is what you are implying.

Honestly Zac, companies who make innovative & quality products don’t need to tell people they do so. They have enough faith in the product to let it speak for itself. 

The sabre rattling is good fun though, certainly gets the fanboys going.

2 hours ago, stick9 said:

So Bauer, CCM, Warrior and whoever else don’t make good stuff? That is what you are implying.

Honestly Zac, companies who make innovative & quality products don’t need to tell people they do so. They have enough faith in the product to let it speak for itself. 

There is definitely some accuracy to this statement. yes.

3 hours ago, stick9 said:

I agree @stick9.  I think that all manufacturers have their hits and misses....  to have one manufacturer throw fire bombs at the others is fun to watch but given that CCM and Bauer don't have a real presence here its more like screaming in a vacuum.  Also kind of like that guy who starts yelling he will fight when the refs already have everyone wrapped up.  

3 hours ago, stick9 said:

I didn't see it that way at all. I read it as "we let our product do the talking". It's undeniable that the big names spend a fortune on their marketing campaigns. 

9 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I didn't see it that way at all. I read it as "we let our product do the talking". It's undeniable that the big names spend a fortune on their marketing campaigns. 

As does TRUE.  They are a big name as well.

Everyone has valid points here; let's just leave it at that.

It still doesn't explain why the stick line isn't out there yet.  Hopefully we get answers soon.

The way I see it at retail these days is it has nothing to do with relative quality and everything to do with whether little Timmy prefers McDavid/Crosby, Matthews/Kane, or Marner/Hoffman.

It's a tough environment to allow products to speak for themselves- and always has been. 

6 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

It still doesn't explain why the stick line isn't out there yet.  Hopefully we get answers soon.

That is what is so frustrating.  I follow True on Twitter and was getting regular tweets over the past month promoting the launch of their new stick line.  True's website lists the sticks as available now yet neither Pure nor Hockey Monkey have them.  Having worked at one time for one of those companies they never missed a launch date while I was there.  If there was a production delay, just say so.

11 hours ago, stick9 said:

Of course they do.  Now you're reading things I didn't say and that's when it's time to tap out,  but I will repeat what I said earlier.

You may or may not have noticed I said that it goes for any product-  If you don't see it on the shelf you need to let the dealer know.  Dealers tend to stick within the lines that are being drawn for them.

This is a very challenging industry... And for some reasons the end user will never see.

Appreciate the cage rattling though.

8 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

I agree @stick9.  I think that all manufacturers have their hits and misses....  to have one manufacturer throw fire bombs at the others is fun to watch but given that CCM and Bauer don't have a real presence here its more like screaming in a vacuum.  Also kind of like that guy who starts yelling he will fight when the refs already have everyone wrapped up.  

I generally only take penalties when we don't have anyone on the bench and I need a break ;)

Many mfg's miss launch dates due to unforseen circumstances. 

What you guys are missing that I keep repeating is this-  Many dealers submitted their orders late ( missed deadline ) or for later delivery.

1 hour ago, mojo122 said:

That is what is so frustrating.  I follow True on Twitter and was getting regular tweets over the past month promoting the launch of their new stick line.  True's website lists the sticks as available now yet neither Pure nor Hockey Monkey have them.  Having worked at one time for one of those companies they never missed a launch date while I was there.  If there was a production delay, just say so.

I did.  I explained it.  

7 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

To be fair... I can see how someone would read it that way.  It wasn't meant that way at all however.

Even after I explained why... It wasn't satisfactory.  

1 minute ago, Zac911 said:

To be fair... I can see how someone would read it that way.  It wasn't meant that way at all however.

Even after I explained why... It wasn't satisfactory.  

Bauer, for years, has made up for marginally better product by promotions and huge marketing campaigns, so it's not like True is in the wrong in any way, IMO. It's the nature of the business.

All I can conclude is that the people don't care that much for True hockey sticks. If they did, we'd see shops/stores wouldn't be dragging their feet. If this is true, I guess marketing does pay off. I've stuck with True sticks because, for the most part, they've held up well. Hiccups and all, I have no hesitation making another True purchase.

38 minutes ago, Zac911 said:

I did.  I explained it.  

So, does anyone know a vendor that didn't miss the deadline? I like trues sticks, but I can't buy what I can't find.

24 minutes ago, Wolfpack_1986 said:

So, does anyone know a vendor that didn't miss the deadline? I like trues sticks, but I can't buy what I can't find.

I found listings for them at two of my local shops.

http://www.thehockeyshop.com/true-a6-0-ht-grip-senior-composite-hockey-stick-2018.html

https://www.prohockeylife.com/collections/senior-hockey-sticks/products/true-a6-0-ht-sr-hockey-stick?variant=6766368555047

I don't know about other areas, but in Vancouver where I live, with the exception of one store, I've noticed the shops I frequent are carrying a lot less stock. And some of the stores that are carrying the newer stuff, sometimes keep it in the back and you have to ask for it. I'm speculating, but I think part of its is a lot of them are still stuck with sticks from like two and three generations ago, and they aren't moving fast even at discounts. Seriously, one store still has a Warrior Diablo floating around. 

On 3/20/2018 at 5:15 AM, roadrunner said:

How about tapered shafts? Is True out of that market now?

Sadly, yes.  Only Standard offered now.  

1 hour ago, puckpilot said:

I found listings for them at two of my local shops.

http://www.thehockeyshop.com/true-a6-0-ht-grip-senior-composite-hockey-stick-2018.html

https://www.prohockeylife.com/collections/senior-hockey-sticks/products/true-a6-0-ht-sr-hockey-stick?variant=6766368555047

I don't know about other areas, but in Vancouver where I live, with the exception of one store, I've noticed the shops I frequent are carrying a lot less stock. And some of the stores that are carrying the newer stuff, sometimes keep it in the back and you have to ask for it. I'm speculating, but I think part of its is a lot of them are still stuck with sticks from like two and three generations ago, and they aren't moving fast even at discounts. Seriously, one store still has a Warrior Diablo floating around. 

But those are Canada only.