Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oydh4

Old Easton GX Gloves

In my search of old easton gx gloves, I was hoping someone knew the complete list of gloves that they made and the differences between all the models. 

i.e. I know Modano wore GX 9500 but there seems to be up to 10 different versions of the gloves. 

Whats the difference between all of them?

The 9500 and 7500 had the buckled cuff and air pocket in the hand pad behind the backrolls.  The 9500 was leather, and the 7500 was nylon.  The GX800 and 700 were the same style, but had gel instead of air, and same thing - one leather, one nylon.  Palms were different - 9500 had the tackified palm.

GX 1350 and 1300 had a thinner fixed cuff with the air pocket.  1350 was all leather, 1300 was nylon. I believe the 1480 was the bigger version of that model.

5 minutes ago, oydh4 said:

Thank you! 

Are any of these worth getting now? Are any worth anything?

They are hot and have one piece fingers. They look awesome though. Nice collectable but I couldn't go back to wearing them.  Examples in good condition do have some value to some. 

I tried going back to my 1350s. I have a pretty mint pair.  Not even broke in.  They were stiff, heavy, and hot.

1350 & 1300 both had the buckles/straps on them like the 9500/7500, i always thought the 13xx designation just meant they were a 13” inch glove and exactly the same as the 14” 9500/7500. 

Great looking gloves though, loved my 1350 back in the day. No way I could use them now though.

My 1350s have the buckles and the cuff is definitely not fixed.  The are all leather and they a "tacky" green palm. I'd have to look, but i beleive i have a picture of me rocking the 7500 in high school.  As i recall the only difference between them was lenght and the 7500 were nylon with some leather.  

I remember cutting of the velcro tab for the cuff (pair i have has it done to them) and rocking them with velcro starp with velcro undone so they were more flexible.  I am sad easton is no more.