Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

I have LS2 on my VH Footwear skates. The front part of the tower on both skates will shift side to side. Couple rivets spin but they appear to be tight in terms of being pressed. Will new rivets fix this or is this related to the boot and will be an ongoing issue?

I'd send it back to Scott if it's affecting your skating. I haven't had that issue as of yet, so unfortunately, I can't offer much help.

On another note, I have noticed that my eyelets are starting to show signs of rust despite a thorough wipe-down. So far, none of them have broken or come off, but I'll update if it becomes a bigger issue:

8nLld88.jpg

I replaced my broken left VH tendon guard this weekend and took video of the process.

I'll edit it and post a link to it when I get a chance.

Very easy to replace, and the new one look and feels great.

Have you posted your video yet? Curious to see and show my LHS as mine keeps cutting into my Achilles.

Edited by flyers10

D.Roy was in Makos for a long time, until now. Some guys that had them have switched back out. Personal preference as always, but I still get excited when I see someone new in VH.

• Like 1

I currently have Reebok Ribcor skates 8.5D with 280 Speed blade holders/runners. The fit is not bad but can use better heel lock especially on my right foot. At first, I thought about trying on the Easton Mako skates but the lack of protection and really aggressive stance had me back off. Now I read about the VF skates and I might actually pull the trigger. The question is the holder. I really like the look of the black Tuuk edge holder with the black VH skate but I think I already got used to the Speed blade holders/runners after having my Ribcor's for about 4-5 months. I never skated on Bauers/Tuuks. The speed blade has 10' radius (correct me if I am wrong) and Tuuk has 9' radius but that can be fixed by profiling. To my understanding, the Speed blade has more aggressive pitch (close to Bauer Vapor line) and the holder is more neutral. Also does anybody know the difference in pitch between VH skate boot and the Ribcor boot? Still have the Mako in back of my mind too. Thank you guys for your help and suggestions.

The LS3 regular steel is a 10 foot radius and the LS3 fusion is a 9 foot radius I believe.

So if you go with the regular LS3 steel(NOT the fusion) then you should be at the same radius as the speed blade.

Anyone correct me if I am wrong.

I currently have Reebok Ribcor skates 8.5D with 280 Speed blade holders/runners. The fit is not bad but can use better heel lock especially on my right foot. At first, I thought about trying on the Easton Mako skates but the lack of protection and really aggressive stance had me back off. Now I read about the VF skates and I might actually pull the trigger. The question is the holder. I really like the look of the black Tuuk edge holder with the black VH skate but I think I already got used to the Speed blade holders/runners after having my Ribcor's for about 4-5 months. I never skated on Bauers/Tuuks. The speed blade has 10' radius (correct me if I am wrong) and Tuuk has 9' radius but that can be fixed by profiling. To my understanding, the Speed blade has more aggressive pitch (close to Bauer Vapor line) and the holder is more neutral. Also does anybody know the difference in pitch between VH skate boot and the Ribcor boot? Still have the Mako in back of my mind too. Thank you guys for your help and suggestions.

Ryan Miller? (1:24 mark)

The LS3 regular steel is a 10 foot radius and the LS3 fusion is a 9 foot radius I believe.

So if you go with the regular LS3 steel(NOT the fusion) then you should be at the same radius as the speed blade.

Anyone correct me if I am wrong.

You're right, however there is no such thing as "LS3 Fusion". Just Fusion Edge.

Have you posted your video yet? Curious to see and show my LHS as mine keeps cutting into my Achilles.

Nothing yet. Haven't had a chance to edit. Been non-stop with teams the past few weeks.

I'll try to get it up in one form or another ASAP.

I have LS2 on my VH Footwear skates. The front part of the tower on both skates will shift side to side. Couple rivets spin but they appear to be tight in terms of being pressed. Will new rivets fix this or is this related to the boot and will be an ongoing issue?

Remove the holders, cut out grip tape (skateboard grip tape works great) in the shape of the front and rear plates, stick the grip tape cut outs to the outsole, remount the holders. The grip tape gives the holders something to bite into to keep them from shifting and loosening the rivets.

On another note, I have noticed that my eyelets are starting to show signs of rust despite a thorough wipe-down. So far, none of them have broken or come off, but I'll update if it becomes a bigger issue:

That rust is pretty bad. I'd either include a wipe down with a light oil in your practice or coat them with a rust sealing/preventative paint like POR-15.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if the rust has anything to do with climate and humidity (of course it does, to a degree). But perhaps the rusting is going to be worse and more prevalent in humid climates where the skates are used.

Mine have absolutely no signs of rust or corrosion - but I live in a dry, cold, area. I really only see rust on eyelets around here when the player doesn't take their skates out of their bag or stores the bag, unpacked, in a warm area.

Not saying mc88 doesn't dry out his gear or doesn't look after it, but perhaps the climate is a strong factor to do with this. To anyone else who was having the rusting eyelet issue, where are you located?

Mine have rust in AZ. Don't get much drier than here. Skates have insoles removed, hung upside down and ceiling fan on high in an extra bedroom. No rust on my mako I or old pair of CCMs.

That rust is pretty bad. I'd either include a wipe down with a light oil in your practice or coat them with a rust sealing/preventative paint like POR-15.

I've been looking into rust preventive measures. Just not sure I want to invest $$$ into product, prep-materials, and a respirator (looks like that stuff is pretty harmful). Seems easier to just to spend a buck or two to replace them when they fail.

I'm wondering if the rust has anything to do with climate and humidity (of course it does, to a degree). But perhaps the rusting is going to be worse and more prevalent in humid climates where the skates are used.

Mine have absolutely no signs of rust or corrosion - but I live in a dry, cold, area. I really only see rust on eyelets around here when the player doesn't take their skates out of their bag or stores the bag, unpacked, in a warm area.

Not saying mc88 doesn't dry out his gear or doesn't look after it, but perhaps the climate is a strong factor to do with this. To anyone else who was having the rusting eyelet issue, where are you located?

Always wiped down my stuff and let it air dried overnight. Problem is... San Jose is becoming more and more like Florida: Hot and humid!

Edited by mc88

No rust on mine. skate about 4 times a week

I have speedblade holders on my vh and want to go to ls2. Do the holes match up? I do not want to redrill

Edited by iceman8310

JR Boucicaut

• photo-thumb-5.png?_r=1362257591
  • Mods
  • blank.png

sjbadge.png

wfbadge.png

blank.png

• 29,705 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

IDoezIt, on 01 Mar 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:snapback.png

Im curious to know if CCM expects to show the RBZ skate @ the Lets Play Hockey Expo next weekend.

I cant wait to try them on. Date?

July launch. I'm sure they will be there.

Monty22, on 01 Mar 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:snapback.png

How different will the fit profile of the RBZ skate be from the current CL?

I don't know - I haven't tried them on but they don't seem to have strayed much from that fit from the looks of it. The arch will be different, however.

iceman8310, on 01 Mar 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:snapback.png

is the rivet pattern closer to the old pro lite 3?

No, it matches Bauer and Easton.