Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

From concept:

• LS Edge 263mm Holders with LS3 DLC
  • Built-in 1/16" shims
  • VH Logo Blacked Out (Instep & Outstep logos)
  • Black Wick Liner
  • Nylon Plastic Toe Cap Overlay
  • Enhanced Sidewall Protection
  • One-Piece Polymer Tendon Guard
  • Black felt tongue with Enhanced Metatarsal Guard
  • Black Coated Rust-Resistant Eyelets
  • Stiffen up area around ankle opening and sidewalls
  • Black on Black Stitching Thread

Q7SQN3j.jpg
sPPcYTE.jpg

To final product:
8PNLX10.jpgIJKl4ze.jpg
tGbIzRx.jpg9v52kOV.jpg
DC0RUBx.jpgMl2ApX2.jpg

Edited by mc88
  • Like 5

https://twitter.com/StikboyzJorg/status/643924139640778752

And now Carey Price!!

From concept:

• LS Edge 263mm Holders with LS3 DLC
  • Built-in 1/16" shims
  • VH Logo Blacked Out (Instep & Outstep logos)
  • Black Wick Liner
  • Nylon Plastic Toe Cap Overlay
  • Enhanced Sidewall Protection
  • One-Piece Polymer Tendon Guard
  • Black felt tongue with Enhanced Metatarsal Guard
  • Black Coated Rust-Resistant Eyelets
  • Stiffen up area around ankle opening and sidewalls
  • Black on Black Stitching Thread

Q7SQN3j.jpg

sPPcYTE.jpg

To final product:
8PNLX10.jpgIJKl4ze.jpgwijG7NV.jpg9v52kOV.jpglcgv1C5.jpgMl2ApX2.jpg

Those look awesome!

Those look really sweet MC. Just wondering how flexible is the felt tongue with the enhanced metatarsal guard?

I'd say just a tad stiffer than the standard felt tongue, but not enough to restrict movement. Edited by mc88

Just wondering if anyone is getting cold or numb feet while skating in VH's? As I'm having a problem with this in colder rinks with my Mako 2's. I think it's almost a deal breaker as my feet were really numb by the end of the game tonight.

Edited by SpideyDiG

Just wondering if anyone is getting cold or numb feet while skating in VH's? As I'm having a problem with this in colder rinks with my Mako 2's. I think it's almost a deal breaker as my feet were really numb by the end of the game tonight.

I had the same issues with a pair of Mako 2s when I owned them. Apparently it's a sign of poor circulation.

How tight are you tying them?

I'm prolly tying them way too tight at the bottom 5-6 eyelets as I do this with Graf 707's. I just don't like them feeling loose as I think I should have went with the D width instead of the EE. My Grafs were a wide width and fit perfectly so I went with the same. I will try next game with leaving them loose all the way up. I left the top eyelet untied the last 2 games and this has really helped my forward flex. But I still say I can actually skate better on my old Grafs for some reason.

Reading his post, he doesn't have VH yet but if he does consider them then circulation is a big concern given the problems he currently has in Mako 2's.

I don't think this is the thread to address numbness in the foot, plenty of other threads in the forum for that. But if VH skates are made for your foot AND you don't have any physical problems (such as Raynauds or sever pronation or any other issues) then you should not get numbness in your feet.

If your Grafs feel better then your fit is definitely off. Your VH should be like wearing tennis shoes.

Grafs feel quite different than other retail boots. My MLX were the first boots that came close to feeling like, and allowing for the range of motion of Grafs. Grafs are quite shoe like compared to other hockey skates (with the exception of some of the beefier models, i.e. the 709s). That, and some of the other deviant things about Graf's setup make for an experience that not everyone who said they loved Graf's comfort would end up wanting to stick with. Not only that, but the quality control definitely drove a lot of otherwise would be Graf-converts away.

That said, SpideyDiG, if you're feeling more capable in your 707's, it makes me wonder whether or not you're skating on a different steel setup in your Makos. If you were in stock 707's, were they on Cobra holders? If so, and if you're also using stock CXN's on the Makos, you may be comfortable with the pitch but not quite with the radius. You'd be going from 11' on the Cobras to 9' on the CXNs. I'm not positive the pitch is quite as aggressive in the 707's, but the pitch difference would be significant either way.

I was thinking on maybe getting VH skates down the road so that is why I was wondering if anyone had any problems like I did with my Mako 2's with cold feet. I will post in the Mako thread to talk more about my problem.

Edited by SpideyDiG