Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

Bauer Nexus 7000 before VH.

David Clarkson

rcr6ll.jpg

Inb4 the "can VH pay for him to NOT wear their skates" comments

Wideman is a nice addition. Hopefully it catches on in Calgary... I could see Hudler wearing them since he's an STX athlete. Don't think Gaudreau and Monahan obviously

So my eyelets haven't rusted, but the screw on the top of the toe box definitely has. You can't actually reach it because of the cowling. *shrug* you can't even see it unless you look. We'll see if it becomes an issue down the road.

So my eyelets haven't rusted, but the screw on the top of the toe box definitely has. You can't actually reach it because of the cowling. *shrug* you can't even see it unless you look. We'll see if it becomes an issue down the road.

How long have you had the skates for?

The screws on my 2-year-old VH toe caps are stainless steel so they still look good as new. I noticed black (carbon steel?) screws in recent pictures. Maybe some customers didn't like the shiny dot on the toe cap so VH switched to carbon steel?

I've been wondering why they don't just stitch the velcro into the toe cap, now that the carbon cup doesn't go all the way to the top of the toe box anymore. The more they can streamline those details, the less people will be turned off by the look, in my mind. Plus, less screws to lose, have go rusty, etc.

The red is pretty red in person. "Rounded in the heel" the runner or the actual skate?

Pretty awesome look! Similar to one of my kids orders! A little less bright in the orange.

Why so rounded on the heel though??

The logo is gone in all the recent pictures (pro and others). Is that how they come by default now or is everyone ordering them without the logo? I would miss not having the logo on my next pair. I'm not a fan of the big black space that looks like something is supposed to go there.

• Like 1

A lot of the KHL guys have the VH logo on theirs. They've probably had them for a while though, at least a few months or so. I wonder what the threshold for VH might be for them to pay the NHL licensing fee and have their logo displayed.

The logo is gone in all the recent pictures (pro and others). Is that how they come by default now or is everyone ordering them without the logo? I would miss not having the logo on my next pair. I'm not a fan of the big black space that looks like something is supposed to go there.

I was wondering the same thing. I thought people were requesting this. I understand the NHL licensing situation but I also prefer having the logo, and as a very satisfied customer would feel sort of cheap asking them not to put their logo on it.

To be honest, it looks much better without the logo. The logo sticks out like a sore thumb. It needs to be better positioned and not so damn large.

I was wondering the same thing. I thought people were requesting this. I understand the NHL licensing situation but I also prefer having the logo, and as a very satisfied customer would feel sort of cheap asking them not to put their logo on it.

It's intentional. It's been redesigned to fit the "sleeker" new styling.

Is that the silver?

Looks like the Jets grey they have been using on the Jets skates!

^ This guy.

• Like 1