Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

1 minute ago, OptimusReim said:

Cross-posted in the Show off your Goalie Gear thread :) 

kePHiMm.jpg

Looking Good!

Alan

Whoops, I thought I was looking at the Gear Sightings thread and once again playing the "guess what they're actually talking about" game. My mistake. 

On April 2, 2016 at 2:26 PM, mc88 said:

Pretty easy to install. Seems like the white replacements are the only ones available within the U.S. (online), so I had to improvise with a sharpie. Huge thanks to HockeyGiant for hooking me up with some spares they had lying around!

KEc4pBL.jpg

nZ9trUZ.jpg

r298anr.jpg

What length are the screws? The screws that came with the lace locks aren't long enough, neither are the short helmet screws that came in the CCM screw/post kits.

4 hours ago, OptimusReim said:

What length are the screws? The screws that came with the lace locks aren't long enough, neither are the short helmet screws that came in the CCM screw/post kits.

Oakley visor screws (should come as a set of screws packed inside the retail box)

By the way, I've since moved the lace locks to the 2nd eyelet from the top. I found the 4th eyelet to offer great heel lock, but did not maintain tightness at the top (which is why I added them in the first place).

I just ordered another set of lace locks and Oakley visor spacer screws, and plan on putting some on the 4th eyelet again.

Yea it really all depends on the skater. For me, the 3rd from the top is where I start going tighter, so the 4th from the top is where I'll want the locks. I'm also putting mine on goal skates where it's obviously a very different stride. 

9 hours ago, mc88 said:

By the way, I've since moved the lace locks to the 2nd eyelet from the top. I found the 4th eyelet to offer great heel lock, but did not maintain tightness at the top (which is why I added them in the first place).

I just ordered another set of lace locks and Oakley visor spacer screws, and plan on putting some on the 4th eyelet again.

Keep 'em at 4th, loop lock at top 2.

It would be a reversion if he did: Wilson was already and went over to the Mako side.

On 10/10/2014 at 8:47 PM, decoy said:

Colin Wilson

2a9zk9x.png

54 minutes ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

If everyone thought the fit of VH skates was good before,...........Just wait till you see whats coming. If you live in Toronto watch Breakfast Television on Wednesday morning.

Halifax Nova Scotia - we have that program but it does it's own local show. I can possibly get it from a podcast or some way. You have my interest for sure as I am ordering skates this coming week.

Many thanks,  -  Alan

3 hours ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

If everyone thought the fit of VH skates was good before,...........Just wait till you see whats coming. If you live in Toronto watch Breakfast Television on Wednesday morning.

Count me as very curious. If anyone can capture the segment and post it here it would be much appreciated. 

• Like 1

I just ordered VH skates yesterday. After research and my fitting, I'm sure they'll be amazing. But, did I just order outdated skates? VH just updated their line in September 2015.

Hey guys!

Maybe it is a stupid question, but anyway -))

I have 2 pairs of VH

First one is more than okay - it is first gen of VH (carbon toes, so on), but i was little bit wrong with measurements  - so that is why I have ordered second pair with Rob

All i wanted is updated one with correct measurements of my feet, but I decided to add some options:

- Hard Plastic Toe Cap
- Double Stitching near Toe Cap
- Liner Options -- Tan Clarino
- Flexible tendon guard (one-piece tendon guard)
- Black felt tongue with Enhanced Metatarsal Guard
- Blacked Out VH Logo
- Holders and blades - Easton CXN 280MM

In the end I have got new one, they are almost okay, but they are on 100g heavier that previous ones at least!

Look, i am not a "weight freak" but it is awful - in size 280mm they weight is more than 900g, it is like old Graf -)))

So here is the question: how can I do my VH lighter? Maybe, one of mentions above options caused that weight addition - is it the reason?
Please, share your experience with me

Thanks in advance!

You can't really make skates lighter. I agree my VH are pretty heavy compared to my old Bauer Reactors as well. I don't notice it at all on the ice though and wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair. 

In fact, it's about time to replace my original Makos. Hopefully they can do Ladd's color scheme for me :)