Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

6 hours ago, choco316 said:

First, thanks for responding!

Second, do you happen to know how they know where your center of gravity will be? Like can they tell just from photos and tracings? I'm ordering through one of their U.S. dealers (Skate Works) if that matters

edit. Set up my appointment to order at my local dealer, does anyone have any advice on things to ask about that pronate?

I wish I could help more, but I will have to get a remote fitting, unfortunately. I have been going through hell over the past 5 or 6 years not understanding that I was starting to pronate whether due to age, a bad issue with sciatica (twice), pelvis misalignment from the sciatica or all of these, but it seemed like more than a coincidence that it was the sciatica.

I would call Rob at VH and put the questions to him, he is great to deal with, although you will have to leave a message and await his call. In the meantime I am using Superfeet as the are built like an orthotic in that the heel end, if you look closely, has little plastic posts and are higher in the bottom of the heel on the medial side (towards the other leg ). This forces your right heel to twist upwards and straightening out the ankle, correcting any mild pronation problems. 

With me, I finally have figured out what I need, after all these years of grief, having my pronation change on any given day due to mild pronation and my pelvis shifting a bit, altering my pronation.

With my Superfeet, I step on the ice and feel how my edges are. If the skates feel fine then I am having a good day. If one or both skates are sliding (not able to use your edges) I quickly add a "flat" 1. 5mm piece of plastic or puck-board, whatever you call it and place a small piece, approximately the length of the heel pocket 2", but less than half the width so the bottom of the Superfeet just sits on the plastic enough to push the heel area up a bit, straightening the ankle out even more.

Cut the plastic so it fits semi-circle near the rear, don't go past the midpoint and just cut it off straight on the other end, do not go past the heel pocket, it is just to catch the Superfeet heel area on one side. I have gone back to the bench numerous times and I have various combinations of pieces stacked ( electrical tape) and ready to use depending upon the need. This can take just a minute or two, keep a flat head screwdriver to pull the Superfeet out or you might be cursing!

Usually I need at least a 1.5mm, but this Tuesday, my first game, both skates needed 3 mm. But I was then in control of my edges and going to have good game. With this method I went from always having a ROH 1/4" to just over a 1/2", something I never dreamed of doing. Now I am skating and gliding well and not digging through the ice with a 1/2" hollow, tiring myself out! 

Remember, if a pronation fix like this is done inside the boot the "wedge" needs to go on the side nearest to the other leg (medial). Anymore explanation on this let me know, but I thought it might help between now and when you get your skates. And, let's say your VH skates came and you felt you were not over you edges this would work, but as I understand VH will do whatever they can to help you, in that case.

Cheers,

Alan

Edited by smu

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:28 AM, choco316 said:

So they correct his pronation without having to move the blade, or do you think they moved the blade before they sent it back based on his measurements?

I have the same issues (can't one glide straight for shit) and was hoping they could help me out with it. Pretty psyched to start the process, although I'm hearing they're back up an extra few weeks because a bunch of NHL players are switching, which is pretty sweet.

Ramble warning:  I don't think that they moved the blade to deal with the pronate issue.  They compensated by building a better boot to address this specific issue. 

I want to first state a disclaimer:  My son is the one wearing these skates, not me.  I have watched him skate from 5 years old to now (17) so I have a pretty good idea what his issues are but the comments on comfort are from him.

His main pronate issue is with his right foot.  Prior to making any modifications, we had him wear Graf 703 in narrow (also has flat feet, so the 703 was the only skate that had no pain) to try and lock his foot into the boot.  That would work for a while and then as the boot softened up the pronate would get worse and worse and become visually noticeable (in the olden days we'd say the kid has weak ankles).  It would start to affect his skating as he was only using the inner edge of his right skate blade and when real bad he would almost touch the inside wall of the outer boot to the ice when doing a quick pivot backwards.  We moved the blade holder inward slightly to change the center of his weight distribution and that worked for a while but the issues kept coming back.

With the VH skates, to the naked eye, they have not moved the holder to compensate.  It looks to me that the holder is even with the center of his leg if you draw a line down from his thigh to the bottom of his foot.  VH also said after receiving his drawings that they would not need to alter the holder location.  What they did is build up the inner boot with padding so the ankle would not "roll" inward due to the pronate issue.  So instead of compensating for the issue by changing the holder and therefore the weight distribution, VH altered the boot to stop the ankle from rolling inward.  There is additional padding from about where the ankle bone protrudes down to the start of the bottom of the foot, all designed to keep the ankle from rolling in.  The other piece of this I think is the stiffness of the boot.  He can't wear other stiff skates like Vapors because of his flat feet so the Graf's would soften and then everything would go bad.  The VH skates are stiff and we opted for the shot blockers to make them even stiffer.

I think the other part of this fix is that since there is no space between the foot and boot, so there is virtually no room to move and start to push and stretch the boot like happened to his Graf's.  In other words, the boot is forcing his foot to lay flat on the foot bed and not roll out of alignment.

The best byproduct of all of this is that his skating has noticeably improved.  As I mentioned I have watched him for 12 years and know his skating better than anyone.  The benefits I see and he has confirmed include:

1. Faster forward straight line speed.  Lighter boot than Graf and better power transfer.

2. Better use of edges.  He now uses the inside and outside edges of both skates, whereas he did not use the outside edge of his right skate as it softened up and began to pronate more severally.

3. Biggest difference is his forward to backward pivot and backward skating.  Previously when he pivoted to backward skating he was always searching for balance to compensate for the pronate issue with his right skate, which slowed him down.  Now he does not need to worry about that so he pivots faster and get's up to speed faster.

He has now worn these skates about 6 weeks or about 30 skating sessions of games, team practices and captains practices.  He raves about the skates, feels he is a much better and faster skater and still can't believe how comfortable the skates are.  Here is my bottom line.  I wish I had bought these for him years ago when we first saw Bguffelin wear them.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hkyfn said:

Ramble warning:  I don't think that they moved the blade to deal with the pronate issue.  They compensated by building a better boot to address this specific issue. 

I want to first state a disclaimer:  My son is the one wearing these skates, not me.  I have watched him skate from 5 years old to now (17) so I have a pretty good idea what his issues are but the comments on comfort are from him.

His main pronate issue is with his right foot.  Prior to making any modifications, we had him wear Graf 703 in narrow (also has flat feet, so the 703 was the only skate that had no pain) to try and lock his foot into the boot.  That would work for a while and then as the boot softened up the pronate would get worse and worse and become visually noticeable (in the olden days we'd say the kid has weak ankles).  It would start to affect his skating as he was only using the inner edge of his right skate blade and when real bad he would almost touch the inside wall of the outer boot to the ice when doing a quick pivot backwards.  We moved the blade holder inward slightly to change the center of his weight distribution and that worked for a while but the issues kept coming back.

With the VH skates, to the naked eye, they have not moved the holder to compensate.  It looks to me that the holder is even with the center of his leg if you draw a line down from his thigh to the bottom of his foot.  VH also said after receiving his drawings that they would not need to alter the holder location.  What they did is build up the inner boot with padding so the ankle would not "roll" inward due to the pronate issue.  So instead of compensating for the issue by changing the holder and therefore the weight distribution, VH altered the boot to stop the ankle from rolling inward.  There is additional padding from about where the ankle bone protrudes down to the start of the bottom of the foot, all designed to keep the ankle from rolling in.  The other piece of this I think is the stiffness of the boot.  He can't wear other stiff skates like Vapors because of his flat feet so the Graf's would soften and then everything would go bad.  The VH skates are stiff and we opted for the shot blockers to make them even stiffer.

I think the other part of this fix is that since there is no space between the foot and boot, so there is virtually no room to move and start to push and stretch the boot like happened to his Graf's.  In other words, the boot is forcing his foot to lay flat on the foot bed and not roll out of alignment.

The best byproduct of all of this is that his skating has noticeably improved.  As I mentioned I have watched him for 12 years and know his skating better than anyone.  The benefits I see and he has confirmed include:

1. Faster forward straight line speed.  Lighter boot than Graf and better power transfer.

2. Better use of edges.  He now uses the inside and outside edges of both skates, whereas he did not use the outside edge of his right skate as it softened up and began to pronate more severally.

3. Biggest difference is his forward to backward pivot and backward skating.  Previously when he pivoted to backward skating he was always searching for balance to compensate for the pronate issue with his right skate, which slowed him down.  Now he does not need to worry about that so he pivots faster and get's up to speed faster.

He has now worn these skates about 6 weeks or about 30 skating sessions of games, team practices and captains practices.  He raves about the skates, feels he is a much better and faster skater and still can't believe how comfortable the skates are.  Here is my bottom line.  I wish I had bought these for him years ago when we first saw Bguffelin wear them.  

I would also add this:

1. Before sending in the order take a lot of pictures to send with the drawings.  We had Ian at Kennebec Skate Shop take additional front, side and rear barefoot shots to show visually how bad his pronate issue is.

2.  Understand that since the weight distribution might be different and the fit will be different, it might take 4-5 skates to get comfortable with them.  My son thought they felt weird for the first few skates, then the next time he comes home from practice and says "I love these skates, they are so comfortable".  Now when I watch him play, I can visually see the improvement in his skating.

I am a very picky consumer and I can say with confidence that this was a wise purchase and I would do it again in a second.  Money well spent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hkyfn said:

I would also add this:

1. Before sending in the order take a lot of pictures to send with the drawings.  We had Ian at Kennebec Skate Shop take additional front, side and rear barefoot shots to show visually how bad his pronate issue is.

2.  Understand that since the weight distribution might be different and the fit will be different, it might take 4-5 skates to get comfortable with them.  My son thought they felt weird for the first few skates, then the next time he comes home from practice and says "I love these skates, they are so comfortable".  Now when I watch him play, I can visually see the improvement in his skating.

I am a very picky consumer and I can say with confidence that this was a wise purchase and I would do it again in a second.  Money well spent.

3 hours ago, hkyfn said:

I would also add this:

Thanks for getting back, I did understand that it was your son that was having the problem, but I went further to suggest a stop-gap measure to fix a pronation fairly simply. As far as the pronation fix from VH, I assumed that the blade was moved, but I can see just molding a "rise" in the right spot will fix the issue.

Why I thought they might put the blade under you center of gravity is from the usual "mechanical fix" that many skaters get, including figure skaters all the time! They get their boot and blades separately and have their expert put the blade directly under the skaters COG. I would think this is the proper way, but our skates off the shelf do not have any room to move the holders in laterally. Why not Google MLX skates that were out 4 or 5 years ago that had a built in system of being able to simply loosen the screws and both holders could be shifted a set amount to of set pronation very easily. I never had a chance to get a pair of these before Easton bought them out and they became the Makos, but they never incorporated the one thing that would have helped many of us with over pronation. this was the movable holder!

I have spoken to Rob sometime ago and it was agreed that my skates were going to be made slightly different, hopefully the money will be here soon, I can' wait to get a pair. I may have missed commenting on some of you issues, if there is something I have missed get back to me.

Cheers,

Alan

5 minutes ago, smu said:

Thanks for getting back, I did understand that it was your son that was having the problem, but I went further to suggest a stop-gap measure to fix a pronation fairly simply. As far as the pronation fix from VH, I assumed that the blade was moved, but I can see just molding a "rise" in the right spot will fix the issue.

Why I thought they might put the blade under you center of gravity is from the usual "mechanical fix" that many skaters get, including figure skaters all the time! They get their boot and blades separately and have their expert put the blade directly under the skaters COG. I would think this is the proper way, but our skates off the shelf do not have any room to move the holders in laterally. Why not Google MLX skates that were out 4 or 5 years ago that had a built in system of being able to simply loosen the screws and both holders could be shifted a set amount to of set pronation very easily. I never had a chance to get a pair of these before Easton bought them out and they became the Makos, but they never incorporated the one thing that would have helped many of us with over pronation. this was the movable holder!

I have spoken to Rob sometime ago and it was agreed that my skates were going to be made slightly different, hopefully the money will be here soon, I can' wait to get a pair. I may have missed commenting on some of you issues, if there is something I have missed get back to me.

Cheers,

Alan

I think you are on it.  I have a "mechanical" background but limited overall skate and foot knowledge, so with that I see for my son there are two permanent ways to deal with the pronate issue. One is to move the holder to offset the pronate issue.  We did this with the Graf's.  Worked for a while and might work better with a stiffer skate if his flat feet did not hurt in say a Vapor.  The other is to build a boot that deals directly with the issue.  I have read on these forums and others about using wedges, etc., to compensate.  I tried those fixes and consider those more as a temporary fix.

I saw the MLX skate and quite frankly would have tried it on him if it were still available.  Like the idea of an adjustable position holder, especially for kids skates where they outgrow them every 6 months. 

My bottom line is that from what I see now, I would prefer based on my son's feedback and improved skating that the custom boot is our first choice.  It forces the foot to line up more as nature intended.  Moving the holder to me is more of a bandage as the foot is still pronating. 

I am no expert but VH seems to have nailed it for us.  Best of luck when you get your new VH's.  I am sure you will love them. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hkyfn said:

I think you are on it.  I have a "mechanical" background but limited overall skate and foot knowledge, so with that I see for my son there are two permanent ways to deal with the pronate issue. One is to move the holder to offset the pronate issue.  We did this with the Graf's.  Worked for a while and might work better with a stiffer skate if his flat feet did not hurt in say a Vapor.  The other is to build a boot that deals directly with the issue.  I have read on these forums and others about using wedges, etc., to compensate.  I tried those fixes and consider those more as a temporary fix.

I saw the MLX skate and quite frankly would have tried it on him if it were still available.  Like the idea of an adjustable position holder, especially for kids skates where they outgrow them every 6 months. 

My bottom line is that from what I see now, I would prefer based on my son's feedback and improved skating that the custom boot is our first choice.  It forces the foot to line up more as nature intended.  Moving the holder to me is more of a bandage as the foot is still pronating. 

I am no expert but VH seems to have nailed it for us.  Best of luck when you get your new VH's.  I am sure you will love them. 

I am now unsure what is best, I really thought that if you can be placed directly over you blades by having the holders under your center of gravity then it would not matter if you pronation got worse as you are still over the COG. I don' know if this makes sense, but it is what we are trying to do all along.

If you were lucky or unlucky enough to get a pair of skates off the assembly line and happened to be off set, but to your liking the problem would be solved and we would be telling everyone to buy bran X because the skate feels fantastic.  There-in lies many problems, not always does the skate come off the line as it is suppose to! Just look at the variance on a few different pair of skates and I have had a few pairs I had to take back because of it. Now when I buy, or when I bought the last couple of skates I am wary. Make sure the holders are square, there are no warp in the soles and about 3 or 4 other things.

Anyway, I guess VH (generally) will have the holders as dead on as they can and work with the boot to overcome the pronation issue, I thought there was some way the could, by remote fitting, understand that shifting the holders medially 1/8" or so  would be the way to go, but I guess not. Before I order I do want another discussion with VH. I feel I have ruined 50% of my games over the past 5 or 6 years and nobody out there seemed to understand the pronation issue until just a couple of years ago. There may have been experts around, but none near me. I did so much research that I feel I have a good understanding, but I don't know it all!

Cheers,

Alan

On October 5, 2016 at 7:35 PM, syinx said:

Glad you enjoyed the fit process. :)  I've actually just e-mailed you your update.  See you in soon!

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a pair! Is this the hockey shop in Surrey and do you do the fitment? 

thanks!

On 10/20/2016 at 6:15 PM, Amiroo39 said:

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a pair! Is this the hockey shop in Surrey and do you do the fitment? 

thanks!

This is indeed the Hockey Shop in Surrey.  Call in and ask for Jeremy, and we'll get an appointment sorted!

On 10/4/2016 at 10:45 PM, orlandkurtenbach said:

Just got fitted for a pair on Saturday (October 1st). Many thanks to Jeremy and Chad at The Hockey Shop for helping out! Can't recommend them enough for anybody in the Pacific North West looking to get into a pair of VH. 

Had tracings, soft tape measurements, photo's and the iPad scan done (very, very cool). Was quite an impressive, thorough, and professional process. 

- Enhanced Impact Protection

- Metatarsal Guard

- LS Edge w/ LS3

Will update when they arrive & provide my thoughts.

Originally given a date of October 31st for skates to arrive.

Received an e-mail Sunday (Oct. 23rd) that they had been shipped from Winnipeg. Got another e-mail yesterday (Tuesday Oct. 25) that they had arrived at the shop (in Greater Vancouver). Unreal that they came in earlier than an already quick quoted time of 1 month. 

Heading in tomorrow to pick them up. Will update after first  skate in them on Friday night. 

14 minutes ago, orlandkurtenbach said:

Just got fitted for a pair on Saturday (October 1st). Many thanks to Jeremy and Chad at The Hockey Shop for helping out! Can't recommend them enough for anybody in the Pacific North West looking to get into a pair of VH. 

Had tracings, soft tape measurements, photo's and the iPad scan done (very, very cool). Was quite an impressive, thorough, and professional process. 

No fitters in Halifax, Nova Scotia! I sure wish there were! We have the NHL presence with Crosby, MacKinnon, Marchand, Giguere, Sheppard etc

Alan

So I've had my skates for almost 2 months now and am still experiencing a 6 or 7 on the pain scale in my arches. I contacted Rob and he had me try the following method pictured, using tissue paper and masking tape for remolding the arch area in the boot : 

Picture

while it has lessened the pain from a 9, the discomfort is definitely still there. 

I've baked my skates probably 6 times at this point and Rob has said i should bake more than 9-10 times. Should i continue to use this method but with a heatgun to localize the heat? Any other suggestions? I have a low-med arch.

Edited by Arch

1 hour ago, Arch said:

So I've had my skates for almost 2 months now and am still experiencing a 6 or 7 on the pain scale in my arches. I contacted Rob and he had me try the following method pictured, using tissue paper and masking tape for remolding the arch area in the boot : 

Picture

while it has lessened the pain from a 9, the discomfort is definitely still there. 

I've baked my skates probably 6 times at this point and Rob has said i should bake more than 9-10 times. Should i continue to use this method but with a heatgun to localize the heat? Any other suggestions? I have a low-med arch.

It is easy to mess things up with a heatgun. If you go that way, you can get an adjustable temperature heatgun from HomeDepot or Lowes for about $40. Look for Wagner HT3000 or HT3500. You also might need to get a digital thermometer such as "slow cooker probe thermometer" so you can confirm the temperature. All this can help you to get safer heating of the skates area. You can heat the arch area with a heatgun (set to correct temp) until the area of the skate feels soft. The bigger problem however is to find out why your arch hurts. This is not necessarily caused by high arch, it could be caused by you trying to curl your toes down. Not sure what is your skating level is, but this could be something that will improve once you get used to skates. Perhaps all you need to do is just take a brake once it hurts, then after it gets manageable, get back on it. 2 month is not telling how many ice hours it is. Try to estimate that. 

5 minutes ago, Kgbeast said:

It is easy to mess things up with a heatgun. If you go that way, you can get an adjustable temperature heatgun from HomeDepot or Lowes for about $40. Look for Wagner HT3000 or HT3500. You also might need to get a digital thermometer such as "slow cooker probe thermometer" so you can confirm the temperature. All this can help you to get safer heating of the skates area. You can heat the arch area with a heatgun (set to correct temp) until the area of the skate feels soft. The bigger problem however is to find out why your arch hurts. This is not necessarily caused by high arch, it could be caused by you trying to curl your toes down. Not sure what is your skating level is, but this could be something that will improve once you get used to skates. Perhaps all you need to do is just take a brake once it hurts, then after it gets manageable, get back on it. 2 month is not telling how many ice hours it is. Try to estimate that. 

I skate 4-6 hours a week, so thats about 40+ hours in these skates. I'm reasonably sure my toes aren't curling at all - and that the pain is from the arch area of the boot being too high pushing into my feet much more-so than the bauer supreme 170's i had before this. 

I've used a heatgun on the area before but using my thumb to try to push it out instead of my foot with the tissue paper taped to it. I know you're supposed to set your oven to 180 degrees while baking, but that doesn't necessarily mean the skate needs to heat up to that temperature. It's tough to tell how soft that part of the boot gets as its not as flexible as the ankle area.

Rob responded to me right after i posted this - he says they will be sending me some different footbeds to try and he thinks i will have some good luck. 

This might cause a volume issue but as a test it could help to prove your arch issue. If you have any old footbeds lying around, cut the arch out of them and slip them into your boot. this will give your foot a lift or around 1mm - 2mm (depending on the thickness of the footbed) and relieve any pressure on your arch due to the boot pushing up into it. If you can skate pain free in the arch this way then keep working away at getting that arch lower, if you still have pain then you may need to rethink what the cause is.

On 2016-10-18 at 3:21 PM, smu said:

I am now unsure what is best, I really thought that if you can be placed directly over you blades by having the holders under your center of gravity then it would not matter if you pronation got worse as you are still over the COG. I don' know if this makes sense, but it is what we are trying to do all along.

1. With respect to building the VH skate for the person with over pronation issues I have been told that the correction will be in the boot itself, like using a built in orthotic (my words). Only when over pronation is an extreme problem will the holders be moved medially. With custom skates my assumption was that the holders were moved medially so that you are over your center of gravity.
2. Perhaps, with the remote fitting, it is too difficult to determine the proper location for the holder shift. I have no understanding of the 3D fitting, so I cannot comment here.
3. If we look at how figure skaters are fitted; they buy their boot and blades without being mounted and then have their trainers mount the blades to suit the center of gravity of each skater. This takes away any pronation or supination problems because they are now over their edges or COG.
4. Using an orthotic does the same thing, but in a more artificial way, my words again.  It works, but I would much prefer to have my holders mounted under my true COG, but I guess that won’t happen. I have had orthotics and they do work.

Alan

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 1:25 PM, Arch said:

I skate 4-6 hours a week, so thats about 40+ hours in these skates. I'm reasonably sure my toes aren't curling at all - and that the pain is from the arch area of the boot being too high pushing into my feet much more-so than the bauer supreme 170's i had before this. 

I've used a heatgun on the area before but using my thumb to try to push it out instead of my foot with the tissue paper taped to it. I know you're supposed to set your oven to 180 degrees while baking, but that doesn't necessarily mean the skate needs to heat up to that temperature. It's tough to tell how soft that part of the boot gets as its not as flexible as the ankle area.

Rob responded to me right after i posted this - he says they will be sending me some different footbeds to try and he thinks i will have some good luck. 

My son has flat feet (low arches) and was only able to wear Graf 703/G3 with the Graf footbed or the CCM low footbed.  Every other combination caused discomfort in his arches.  I am not saying that what he has is exactly as you describe but if you can't find a comfortable set up I would try either the Graf 703 footbed if you can find it or the CCM low footbed (should be easy to find).  Even the superfeet caused him discomfort so maybe you have the same condition.  It does not take much to press on the arch and cause pain.  If these two footbeds do not solve your arch pain then I would say it's not the arch area but something else.

With the VH skates we bought, he has had zero arch pain, so we have been lucky in that sense.

Got my VH skates and they re really tight around outside of the ball of my foot to the point wear it hurts a lot then goes numb. Is this something I should send them back to VH about?

I ordered them through a store that did the trace, measure and scan.

Also im finding that i'm still on my inside edges (ankles overpronate), has anyone found they had that issue still with VH?

39 minutes ago, choco316 said:

Got my VH skates and they re really tight around outside of the ball of my foot to the point wear it hurts a lot then goes numb. Is this something I should send them back to VH about?

I ordered them through a store that did the trace, measure and scan.

Also im finding that i'm still on my inside edges (ankles overpronate), has anyone found they had that issue still with VH?

How long did you bake them for? Maybe try a heat gun and punch the area out a bit?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

How long did you bake them for? Maybe try a heat gun and punch the area out a bit?

Was a good 10-12 mins. Taking them to the shop Monday to see. I can probably live with the numbness, but really hoping they can do something about the COG. Especially with my right skate

17 minutes ago, choco316 said:

Was a good 10-12 mins. Taking them to the shop Monday to see. I can probably live with the numbness, but really hoping they can do something about the COG. Especially with my right skate

There should be no numbness, for the price you paid you shouldn't have to "live with it". Rebake and maybe punch it out a little. I found these boots become pretty playable when heated so you should be able to manipulate it enough to work for you. Also if you haven't already done it, take out the red insole and that should give you just a little more room. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nicker87 said:

There should be no numbness, for the price you paid you shouldn't have to "live with it". Rebake and maybe punch it out a little. I found these boots become pretty playable when heated so you should be able to manipulate it enough to work for you. Also if you haven't already done it, take out the red insole and that should give you just a little more room. 

Yeah, I'll probably see if they can heat gun them, also sent Rob an email for some advice

17 hours ago, choco316 said:

1. I don't think anyone has commented on your pronation problem, that would be more problematic to you and me if that was the case because I have the same problem. I am sure the boot can be fixed or exchanged, but why are you still having a problem with your edges?  Try the yellow Superfeet and NOT the new Carbon Superfeet as there appears to be a manufacturing error in my opinion, but read on please!

2. Your problem is my problem and please keep me in the loop even if you are not on the forum by using PM. I am wearing Bauer skates, but the skates are not the issue it is me and like you I am sure, very annoying as many games are a bust. I do add thin shims under my older Superfeet on the medial side of my heel cup area to twist my ankle into a straighter position and usually fixing the problem. Superfeet have built post in the heel area (most people miss this interesting fix) with the higher ones on the medial side (toward the left side if it is in the right skate) to give that twist to the ankle to correct minor pronation problems. This just might just help you if you don't have bad over pronation.

3. If you do purchase the Superfeet they have a 60 DAY NO QUESTIONS ASKED MONEY BACK RETURN POLICY, get a pair and try them out in your new VH skates just to see if they help, you can return them immediately and may give Rob some answers as to how to correct the problem when the skates go back to VH.

4. Stay away, for now, from the new "Carbon Superfeet", I just bought a pair because I felt that perhaps my older Superfeet were a bit soft and I noticed that the posts on the Carbon ones were a bit larger and higher, so it would seem.

5. IMPORTANT, the Carbon Superfeet  were not answer this time, something was wrong. In my first game with them just last Thursday I was perplexed after my less than enjoyable game. After the game I took a close look at them after placing them on my counter top along side my old Superfeet and it was very apparent that the posts (what you and I need) did not even touch the counter top, but sat on the middle of the product, rocking left and right! The older Superfeet were beside these sitting nicely on the posts as intended.  It would appear that there is a serious problem with the carbon style product, perhaps I was unlucky with this pair or maybe something is really wrong, IMHO. I can speak of only the pair I bought, but I know the older style product very well and why it is made as it is. The Carbon pair will be returned today and I will pick up the older style unless it can be shown that I purchased a dud, if so I will take a very close look at the Carbon ones before those! Somehow I feel the new ones will be all the same.

6. My intentions are to order a pair of VH skates very soon, but it will be the normal remote fitting as in my neck of the woods there is no one doing any fitting, let alone the 3D style.

Like you I really want to be over the COG as well, but as you see no one, I don't think, has addressed your problem and they have no idea what we go through, slipping and sliding unless they had the problem.

7. How bad is your problem and how long have you been fighting it to give me some idea of where I stand?

Thanks,

Alan

Edited by smu
spelling and other

4 hours ago, smu said:

1. I don't think anyone has commented on your pronation problem, that would be more problematic to you and me if that was the case because I have the same problem. I am sure the boot can be fixed or exchanged, but why are you still having a problem with your edges?  Try the yellow Superfeet and NOT the new Carbon Superfeet as there appears to be a manufacturing error in my opinion, but read on please!

2. Your problem is my problem and please keep me in the loop even if you are not on the forum by using PM. I am wearing Bauer skates, but the skates are not the issue it is me and like you I am sure, very annoying as many games are a bust. I do add thin shims under my older Superfeet on the medial side of my heel cup area to twist my ankle into a straighter position and usually fixing the problem. Superfeet have built post in the heel area (most people miss this interesting fix) with the higher ones on the medial side (toward the left side if it is in the right skate) to give that twist to the ankle to correct minor pronation problems. This just might just help you if you don't have bad over pronation.

3. If you do purchase the Superfeet they have a 60 DAY NO QUESTIONS ASKED MONEY BACK RETURN POLICY, get a pair and try them out in your new VH skates just to see if they help, you can return them immediately and may give Rob some answers as to how to correct the problem when the skates go back to VH.

4. Stay away, for now, from the new "Carbon Superfeet", I just bought a pair because I felt that perhaps my older Superfeet were a bit soft and I noticed that the posts on the Carbon ones were a bit larger and higher, so it would seem.

5. IMPORTANT, the Carbon Superfeet  were not answer this time, something was wrong. In my first game with them just last Thursday I was perplexed after my less than enjoyable game. After the game I took a close look at them after placing them on my counter top along side my old Superfeet and it was very apparent that the posts (what you and I need) did not even touch the counter top, but sat on the middle of the product, rocking left and right! The older Superfeet were beside these sitting nicely on the posts as intended.  It would appear that there is a serious problem with the carbon style product, perhaps I was unlucky with this pair or maybe something is really wrong, IMHO. I can speak of only the pair I bought, but I know the older style product very well and why it is made as it is. The Carbon pair will be returned today and I will pick up the older style unless it can be shown that I purchased a dud, if so I will take a very close look at the Carbon ones before those! Somehow I feel the new ones will be all the same.

6. My intentions are to order a pair of VH skates very soon, but it will be the normal remote fitting as in my neck of the woods there is no one doing any fitting, let alone the 3D style.

Like you I really want to be over the COG as well, but as you see no one, I don't think, has addressed your problem and they have no idea what we go through, slipping and sliding unless they had the problem.

7. How bad is your problem and how long have you been fighting it to give me some idea of where I stand?

Thanks,

Alan

It's gotten a little better, but from what I can tell the over pronation is still there and I've used super yellow in my old skate and in VH and hasn't made a difference with COG.

ill let you know when I try to get them adjusted. I'm hoping I can get at least my right boots holder moved in a bit