Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

35 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Yep everything is built into the skate, which means the footbed is not at all for fit and pretty much just for comfort.

Yeah my skates fit great but I feel like I could use a bit more padding instead of feeling more if the boot.  It's contoured to my foot though already.

Very excited. Stopped at west side skate to get fitted with the 3D scan for my second pair of vh skates.   

The 3d scan looked cool and I can't wait to see how it improves over the fit I had when I did the tracings myself. 

Very fast process and now I just have to wait until they get built out  

7 minutes ago, Shogun said:

How is the weight in these skates compared to the top of the line name brand skates? 

Honestly, I find them to be kind of heavy compared to the big two brands. I don't have numbers to back that up, I just know that when I pick up a pair of CCM or Bauer skates I'm shocked by how light they feel.

That said, they fit so damn well I don't even notice. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Honestly, I find them to be kind of heavy compared to the big two brands. I don't have numbers to back that up, I just know that when I pick up a pair of CCM or Bauer skates I'm shocked by how light they feel.

That said, they fit so damn well I don't even notice. 

I completely agree. I'm completely over the weight gimmick as it pertains to skates. The fit of VH Skates is like nothing I've ever known. My next pair of skates will be VH and the pair after that will be as well. If you are spending top dollar on skates why not go for fit over gimmicks? Just makes sense to me. 

• Like 2

On 5/11/2017 at 0:41 PM, BureKovy said:

Yeah my skates fit great but I feel like I could use a bit more padding instead of feeling more if the boot.  It's contoured to my foot though already.

I've had excellent luck with the newer CCM insoles. 

The first pair of VH skates that I had were very light. I got my second pair three years later, and they were stiffer and heavier than the first. I think it's a result of the improvements in durability that they made including the new toecap. I also got Step steel which is taller so the additional metal surely added a bit of weight.

Edited by Larry54

On 5/24/2017 at 0:53 PM, Shogun said:

How is the weight in these skates compared to the top of the line name brand skates? 

weighing a CCM Jetspeed with stock steel size 10 = 2lbs

VH( gen 1) with Step Steel Size 10 = 2lb, 3 1/4 oz                      

Anyone try different tongues?  Do they just have the two types?

I have the standard felt one but it is really thick I find and not very flexible.

Edited by BureKovy

3 hours ago, All Flash said:

Anyword on if we can acquire Step holders with out buying VH skates?

Also any specs on said holders yet?

What kind of specs are you looking for? Price? 

Front and back tower height kind of things. Any info really. Just alot of speculation off of pics was the last I can recall on the topic. Discussion of aesthetics and such. 

12 hours ago, All Flash said:

Front and back tower height kind of things. Any info really. Just alot of speculation off of pics was the last I can recall on the topic. Discussion of aesthetics and such. 

I haven't skated on them but was really close to giving them ago but instead opted for black Step steel on the LS edge.

However from what I've been told from a Step rep the holders are fairly stiff, have a pitch similar to that of the Speed blade holder. I believe he quoted me a price of $180cdn for the holders and steel. 

There is a member here who posted his new VH's with the Step holder, maybe he can chime in

11 hours ago, Kgbeast said:

Looks like the guy or gal did not like this at all. One skate and throwing them out for 30 bucks with steel? I wish this was my size...

Likely just decided to go tuuk. 

for those of you that missed it in the Show It Off thread, my gf's new VH skates. we both currently skate in MLX. turn around was about 2 weeks.

34190300573_3cfec3d936_c.jpg

the "new" tendon guard with True branding:

34615906800_8ea44c9b34_z.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, shoeshine boy said:

for those of you that missed it in the Show It Off thread, my gf's new VH skates. we both currently skate in MLX. turn around was about 2 weeks.

34190300573_3cfec3d936_c.jpg

the "new" tendon guard with True branding:

34615906800_8ea44c9b34_z.jpg

Nice!  I like the blue trim. 

41 minutes ago, shoeshine boy said:

we'll find out once they are profiled....

question for other VH owners: anybody know why there are 2 footbeds? my gf will likely replace them with Superfeet but we were just wondering.

You'll be surprised at how much the red liner changes the volume. Definitely keep it in case you need to make adjustments down the road. 

Yea, I replaced the yellow and tried taking the red out as well but that made a significant change to the volume. Put the red back in with my custom SIDAS and now all good.