Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

Looks like we're getting a fitting station at the Valiquettes source for sports in Ottawa in the coming weeks, in case anybody is in my neck of the woods :)

On 6/2/2017 at 4:46 PM, shoeshine boy said:

we'll find out once they are profiled....

question for other VH owners: anybody know why there are 2 footbeds? my gf will likely replace them with Superfeet but we were just wondering.

Got an update for us?

I'm in the process of ordering. Any chance you know if the Black Steel from Step is compatible with that runner?

Thanks!

On 6/9/2017 at 4:42 PM, Shaine said:

Got an update for us?

I'm in the process of ordering. Any chance you know if the Black Steel from Step is compatible with that runner?

Thanks!

picked them up from being profiled today. it'll probably be Friday before we can get them on the ice.

Copy and paste from another thread I replied on but I figured this information would be very useful to have here.

For anyone interested, I was able to get a hold of STEP and they do indeed offer Blacksteel for the VH/Step holder. 

To clarify you cannot buy the Blacksteel from VH, only the regular Step Steel. In order to purchase the Blacksteel you have to call Step directly and place an order over the phone.

$129.99 + shipping. They would not budge on discount or free shipping.

•  
Edited by Shaine

Just saw that after June 30th all skates ordered will be the new "True" version (more than just the tendon guard). I hope that the transition to that doesn't mess up the great product that they currently have. I haven't "used up" my current pair but I'm worried that I won't get the same thing if I wait until after June 30th. On the other hand, if it's just as good or better, I'd prefer to wait.

Edit:
I just checked the VH Footwear facebook page. They assure everything is going to stay the same. I hope that includes that you get to pick your holder.

Edited by AfftonDad

3 hours ago, AfftonDad said:

just checked the VH Footwear facebook page. They assure everything is going to stay the same. I hope that includes that you get to pick your holder.

You could always just order boots without holders, and have your holder of choice installed afterwards. 

2 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I don't think they're doing much besides the tendon guard and the wordmark on the toe cap area.

kruV6Zu.jpg

Yeah, I didn't necessarily mean that I could see anything significantly different, I just knew that it wasn't EXACTLY the same as what was shown by shoeshine boy above (because I could see some True branding on the toe). Does True already pay NHL licensing? If so, I would expect the stripe (formerly logo) area on the side would change. I notice it was conspicuously absent from the picture on Facebook.  I could care less how they look cosmetically (as long as they aren't ridiculous looking) as long as they are functionally equivalent. 

Edited by AfftonDad

Yea I’d expect the side logo to change as well. 

True definitely pays licensing for other categories (Marner is in True gear) so I’d expect they’ll be paying it for skates as well this year.

Not a fan of those holders at all.  I do like the tongue and toe box/branding though.  

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, g3k said:

Clear picture of them.

I wonder if the big black plastic piece above the rear tower on the holder is a heel lift or if that will now be on all the skates.

the verdict is in on my gf's new VH skates. she loves them! she's got 2 games in them so far. she feels like her heel is locked in better than ever. she does feel like she's "up higher" than before and we compared the Step Steel to the brand-new pair of MLX she skated in the previous 4 or 5 games and there is a significant amount of difference in steel height but she'll adjust quickly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

Not a fan of those holders at all.  I do like the tongue and toe box/branding though.  

Yea the step holders are super ugly. I don't know how much I care how ugly holders are but... they are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

Yea the step holders are super ugly. I don't know how much I care how ugly holders are but... they are. 

They look like a video game design for a holder if they couldn't get the rights to real-life holders.

34 minutes ago, Bizz22 said:

Now that these are True branded can you still order them with Tuuk holders or is it only the Step holder?

I'm guessing they won't be putting on Tuuks for you anymore, but they may still sell you just the boots. Not sure.