Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

1 hour ago, calby8 said:

Which Monkey Sports did you go to? I went to the one in Irvine, they said 3-4 weeks. Most likely 4.

I ended up going to Ultimate Skate at Anaheim Ice. I go way back with the owner of that shop and wanted to help them out rather than one of the big boys. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

I ended up going to Ultimate Skate at Anaheim Ice. I go way back with the owner of that shop and wanted to help them out rather than one of the big boys. 

Right on, I drove down from Santa Barbara, I'm not familiar with the LHS in the area, but know they are closest places to offer the orders first! Hoping it's money well spent either way, whether it's 2 weeks or 4!

Edited by calby8
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, calby8 said:

Right on, I drove down from Santa Barbara, I'm not familiar with the LHS in the area, but know they are closest places to offer the orders first! Hoping it's money well spent either way, whether it's 2 weeks or 4!

Very cool, I'll keep you updated as to how my delivery time goes. We should be getting ours around the same time :)

• Like 1

Are Fit Centres the only option now?  I've searched high and low to see if you can submit an order directly (tracing method), but it doesn't appear to be an option any longer.

• Like 1

I think you can submit a foot tracing and pics to a shop that sells them but am not positive.  I'm sure Zac or someone else in the know will answer that question shortly. 

Pretty sure you can still submit a tracing directly. I’ve also read that they keep your info on file for future pairs which is good for me when I order my next pair.

16 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Pretty sure you can still submit a tracing directly. I’ve also read that they keep your info on file for future pairs which is good for me when I order my next pair.

That was my impression as well.

The old VH website had an order form that let you choose your options and submit tracings. That site now redirects to the True site, which does not appear to have any options for ordering.  All I can find is "Find a Fit Center" info.

The True website used to let you order skates directly up until a few days ago.  Makes sense though if you can only buy them though fit centers now.  Wouldn't want to undercut the fit centers.

I think tracing foot is not a rocket science, but it needs to be shown and verified by someone who knows how. I would think a minimal training (show and check) will produce a better tracer than a guy at home watching a youtube clip. Plus It is easier to trace someone else's foot than your own just due to where the point of view is. IMO smart move on VH behalf. Of course they should have an option of self tracing open for people who leave in BFE.

5 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Curious: is there any way that a LHS could mess up on tracing/scanning your foot(s) ha?

From what I was told, if the scans and pics sent by the LHS to True/SVH aren't up to spec, they will let them know and the LHS will call you to come back in for another scanning session.  That definitely made me feel more comfortable.  

• Like 1

Does anyone know if this Step Steel Blacksteel would fit on the True holder?  Or is it a different model I would fit?

FDp12Aq.jpg

Edited by Fletch

12 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Does anyone know if this Step Steel Blacksteel would fit on the True holder?  Or is it a different model I would fit?

FDp12Aq.jpg

Not sure about the question. But on a slim chance that you do not know this, True holder will not fit LS Edge runners. True holders use their own design of runners (looks somewhat similar to Graf). If you are looking for True holder Black Step steel, I think you'd have to order that from Step as a special order.

Edited by Kgbeast

19 minutes ago, Fletch said:

FDp12Aq.jpg

Unfortunately no, it’s different. Proprietary holder. Screw is at the back. 

6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Damn... well hopefully Step starts making Blacksteel for the True holder someday soon. 

They do, order it from Step

1 hour ago, AfftonDad said:

I just received my new pair. FYI... If you don't get the True holders (I got Bauer Edge), they come without the foxings on the heel.

How did you like the new pair and getting them baked? This is probably a dumb question, but what does it mean if they don't come without the foxings in the heel? Did they install the Bauer Edge holders for you and additional work needs to be done?