Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

I ordered mine 4 weeks ago tomorrow and called my LHS.  They said they are still waiting for notification that they shipped but also told me a guy had just called with the same question but he had ordered his a week before I did.  Same thing with him, they haven't gotten a shipping notification yet.  Kinda sucks to have to wait but I knew that going in there would be a delay because they need to get the Pro orders done.  I'll update this thread when mine ship.  

I haven't received my skates yet either. Ordered them on 7/29 and no word yet on when they'll be delivered. I asked Hockey Monkey a little over a week ago if they can see if True/VH recommended a different sized holder based on my foot scan, maybe from 272 to 280. I got these fat feet that that are a size 10 shoe, but putting pressure on them they expand to like a size 12, but they haven't heard back from True/VH about that yet either.

Anyways, too much info haha. I'm going to call Hockey Monkey tomorrow and update the thread with any news.

Thanks for all the responses, folks.  Sounds like there's a few of us in the same boat.  I thought about what time of year it is having an effect on when I might be expecting the skates to arrive, but when I ordered, the website said 4 weeks.

Regardless, sounds like I may just have to chill out and prepare to wait another week or two.  I just hope my Mako IIs last that long. 🤷

14 hours ago, AfftonDad said:

Very similar (except they look a little cooler... they say True on them and have some cutaway pieces that sort of give them a metatarsal guard look). Even though they offered me an option with metatarsal guards, I chose the felt tongues. I didn't have good luck with metatarsal guards on my U+CL (they kind of "broke") so I wanted to stick with the tried and true felt tongues.

Cool. I was just curious if they're the same thickness and weight. The new ones look more like CCM's retail tongues, which seemed thinner than the previous VH tongues...it's hard to tell from just pictures though :)

On 8/30/2017 at 5:17 PM, Fletch said:

I ordered mine 4 weeks ago tomorrow and called my LHS.  They said they are still waiting for notification that they shipped but also told me a guy had just called with the same question but he had ordered his a week before I did.  Same thing with him, they haven't gotten a shipping notification yet.  Kinda sucks to have to wait but I knew that going in there would be a delay because they need to get the Pro orders done.  I'll update this thread when mine ship.  

Talked to Hockey Monkey Irvine and they just received their first pair from True after 4 1/2 weeks. That's encouraging news it'll be 5 weeks for me tomorrow. They also mentioned some of the True/VH staff visited the store and said the reception from NHL players has been impressive, way more orders than they anticipated and are swamped.

Edited by calby8
  • Like 3

That's awesome.  I know that there are quite a few Sharks players already in them.  I'm sure we will see a lot more this coming season.  Hopefully I get the call from my LHS soon! 

On 9/1/2017 at 9:23 PM, Fletch said:

That's awesome.  I know that there are quite a few Sharks players already in them.  I'm sure we will see a lot more this coming season.  Hopefully I get the call from my LHS soon! 

Between the NHL and AHL teams San Jose has the most players at 24. At last count according to the Asst Coach on the NHL team.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GregHenn19 said:

Are the same customization options available as the VH models? ie. Different Colour Models, Tongue Stitching (Initials, White tongue) 

I believe so.  You can get the eyelet area in black (standard), blue, red, silver or white.   I almost went white but after seeing a mockup of it from True, I decided to go with black because I like the more traditional look.   

800aQjC.jpg

k7fNf10.jpg

PCiw47X.jpg

bOZzwqg.jpg

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hills said:

Those are so ugly and awful I am tempted to do those colours when I order mine.

They are renderings... not sure how close those colors actually are to reality but I'm sure we will see eventually.  

1 hour ago, Monty22 said:

Looks like CCM to me.

I was going by the tongue embroidery... I haven't seen any company other than True do that with that same font.  Maybe someone in the know can clarify.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I was going by the tongue embroidery... I haven't seen any company other than True do that with that same font.  Maybe someone in the know can clarify.  

AFAIK, Subban is still under an endorsement contract w/ CCM?  And CCM did similar embroidery on his custom winter classic skates a while back.

Edited by shoot_the_goalie

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

I was going off the to cap and the actual tongue.   

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Fletch said:

Subban in True skates?

3MQwvL3.jpg

It's absolutely a ccm skate. They have offered that embroidery for a while, they will also do the heel for pro players