Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

2 hours ago, AfftonDad said:

And a Weebly (free) website whose domain was registered just 7 days ago (the same time he started posting here). Interesting business model... piss off your potential customers. I guess he follows the "there is no bad publicity" philosophy.

It would be interesting to know who and what is really behind that.  There is a reason for everything ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

With all that R&D money you'd think they could make me something that didn't hurt my feet. 

They probably could,  but that's not profitable.  This isn't about hockey... This is about profits.  Get your head in the game Smalls!

:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Zac911 said:

It would be interesting to know who and what is really behind that.  There is a reason for everything ;)

Information about who he is, is publicly available, but it would be bad form to post it here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AfftonDad said:

Information about who he is, is publicly available, but it would be bad form to post it here.

Exactly. I found out and I was like I don't even remember the guy? I mean he said he saw me play in like when 1970? Anyway no loss he hasn't come back! I haven't played since 2004 except Charity fun things? Well I guess we don't get to learn how to put the H in the back of skates now!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

Exactly. I found out and I was like I don't even remember the guy? I mean he said he saw me play in like when 1970? Anyway no loss he hasn't come back! I haven't played since 2004 except Charity fun things? Well I guess we don't get to learn how to put the H in the back of skates now!

Dang it. I was really hoping to see a "how to" for putting that H in the back of my $1000 skates! Now I will just have to try it myself so I can get maximum flex! lol

21 hours ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

Maybe he was the Zamboni driver.

Back on topic... I have posted about this before, but I don't think anyone really chimed in... How are people liking the True holders? Has anyone skated in the True/VH skates with both the new holder and another like a Bauer or CCM? What is the pitch like on the True holder? Does it feel like a Tuuk, pitch wise?

• Like 1

Just a heads up for anyone in the Winnipeg area, their new facility where they make the skates they don't sell them, there is a place right next door that sells brand new pro returns for around $450 CDN. They had about 20 pairs (a mix of the old and the new True) in stock. I think the only places locally to get them is Play it Again and Royal's.

I was quick to criticize the new True look, but seeing them in context, they've really grown on me. Especially the custom color options look better in the new scheme.

2017-10-02_22.51.22DSC_5686.jpg

Looking through the gallery of the CBJ opener, there were so many versions on display. The new ones do look really good actually.

Edited by flip12
DRY violation.
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, asgoodasdead said:

they look better in person too. was surprised when i saw them at monkeysports

I've gotten quite a few compliments on mine and mine are pretty standard looking... I think they look great.

Are you able to purchase the True skates just as boots, no holders if you wanted to put TUUK on them? Heard they weren't doing True skates with TUUK anymore. Thanks

21 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I'm a big fan of how un-flashy they are. No bright colors or anything. 

I think of them as somewhat flashier than anything else out there, with that foil badge on the side. Just, it's a focused flash, compared to the garish vomit that adorns pretty much everything else. Graf pulled the look off first: let the quality of the materials speak for themselves and add just enough bling to say, I cost a pretty penny. VH, now True, has been the best at it lately.

The VH1's had incredible bling. They're a bit muted now, but there's still a clear vestige of solid bling :)

27 minutes ago, Buddy said:

Are you able to purchase the True skates just as boots, no holders if you wanted to put TUUK on them? Heard they weren't doing True skates with TUUK anymore. Thanks

Yup. 

31 minutes ago, flip12 said:

I think of them as somewhat flashier than anything else out there, with that foil badge on the side. Just, it's a focused flash, compared to the garish vomit that adorns pretty much everything else. Graf pulled the look off first: let the quality of the materials speak for themselves and add just enough bling to say, I cost a pretty penny. VH, now True, has been the best at it lately.

The VH1's had incredible bling. They're a bit muted now, but there's still a clear vestige of solid bling :)

Graf always had pretty good looking skates. The fitlite and the original Nexus were pretty good looking too. But now it seems like everything out there is covered in red or yellow. I will take a small patch of silver any day. 

EDIT: Err. not fitlite... the name is escaping me. Had a gold insert or something on the tendon guard. 

EDIT x2: Ah, FLEXLITE is what i was looking for. 

• Like 1

I am still trying to figure out how to get a non-profiled pair of StepSteel Black for the Step/VH holder.  Probably overkill at this point since my current Step runners are brand new but it would be cool to use the black now and use the stock ones as backups.

Order has been officially placed... And I was told 4 weeks from payment date. Which is a total of 7 now so that is annoying but I believe the 1st 3 weeks was a retailer issue...

But I'm looking forward to solving my goalie skate issues! 

16 hours ago, Fletch said:

I am still trying to figure out how to get a non-profiled pair of StepSteel Black for the Step/VH holder.  Probably overkill at this point since my current Step runners are brand new but it would be cool to use the black now and use the stock ones as backups.

StepVH Blacksteel is available directly from STEP, they're at a pretty hefty turnaround time currently though. Last 6 or so pairs I ordered took 5.5 Weeks. 

Just an update on my new True skates unfortunately is not good news. After only the second time/second game wearing my skates I noticed a gash in the carbon fiber, The gash it is about 1.5 inches wide by a 1/4 inch tall on the right side of the left skate. I attached some pictures below.

Keep in mind, this is beer league, non checking hockey. I'm not sure if it was a puck off the foot, but nobody in the league has a shot to be afraid of to do much damage.

I reached out to MonkeySports where I bought them, to contact True Skates to see what they can do to fix the issue and will provide an update. Please let me know if you have come across any similar situations and have any suggestions. For only using the skates for the second time I'm pretty disappointed for a pair skates that cost over a thousand dollars.

MThFO32.jpg

8rF2Gfy.jpg

5c5UxJ0.jpg

Edited by calby8

36 minutes ago, calby8 said:
Just an update on my new True skates unfortunately is not good news. After only the second time/second game wearing my skates I noticed a gash in the carbon fiber, The gash it is about 1.5 inches wide by a 1/4 inch tall on the right side of the left skate. I attached some pictures below.

Keep in mind, this is beer league, non checking hockey. I'm not sure if it was a puck off the foot, but nobody in the league has a shot to be afraid of to do much damage.

I reached out to MonkeySports where I bought them, to contact True Skates to see what they can do to fix the issue and will provide an update. Please let me know if you have come across any similar situations and have any suggestions. For only using the skates for the second time I'm pretty disappointed for a pair skates that cost over a thousand dollars.

Don't use photobucket, it's terrible. Use imgur.com. 

From the sounds of it I don't think the skates did it on their own so I'm not sure its up to Monkey or True to fix it, but I'm still curious to see the photos. 

2 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Don't use photobucket, it's terrible. Use imgur.com. 

From the sounds of it I don't think the skates did it on their own so I'm not sure its up to Monkey or True to fix it, but I'm still curious to see the photos. 

I edited my previous post using imgur.com, thanks for the heads up.

I agree the skates didn't do it on their own, but considering the circumstances the question is if it is acceptable for a premium skate? I would be more understandable if it was wear and tear after a year or so, maybe even a couple months, but not after two games.

6 hours ago, calby8 said:

I can't say 100% from those pictures, but it looks like the resin coating over the carbon has been scratched, probably by a skate blade. If that is the case or even if it's damaged the top layer of carbon, it really shouldn't be an issue. If it really bothers you, buy some resin and fill in the scratch. It's cheap and easy to do yourself.

Is it deep enough to stick your finger into? And is it soft or is it hard? It’s hard to tell how deep it is from the pics.  

/innuendo 

Edited by Fletch
  • Haha 1