Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

45 minutes ago, Buddy said:

Little bummed that I got scanned on 11/3/17 and yesterday was 7 weeks and still no word on my order. The True factory closes from 12/23-1/2/18. So it looks like I have a few more weeks at least until I receive my order. One thing that would be beneficial is if True had some form of an order tracker on their website to follow the progress of an order. 

You could have tried to email their skates department regarding your order. But at this point it's kind of pointless. They are probably getting a large amount of orders esp for Xmas. And also now that it's been about 3-4 mths since True took over VH and word has spread like crazy that the skates are legit. 

3 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

You could have tried to email their skates department regarding your order. But at this point it's kind of pointless. They are probably getting a large amount of orders esp for Xmas. And also now that it's been about 3-4 mths since True took over VH and word has spread like crazy that the skates are legit. 

Much longer than that! But still, you're right about them likely being swamped. 

@Buddy what timeline were you quoted?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Much longer than that! But still, you're right about them likely being swamped. 

@Buddy what timeline were you quoted?

The dealer told me 6-8 weeks because it was during the season, and they wanted to over estimate than under. Friend of mine was quoted before me 4-5 and he got his at 5. I emailed True regarding something, and within that I asked for an update and was told to contact my dealer. 

Howdy,

The Ribcor thread reminded me about something I was curious about with True skates...  Anyone know if they can incorporate lace locks?  Yes, you can add them to a regular eyelet, but the lace lock is "further up" from the eyelet, so its nicer if the mounting point / eyelet for the lace locks isn't in line with the other eyelets.

Mostly idle question until my Mako M8's fall apart, but I was still curious.

Mark

1 hour ago, marka said:

Howdy,

The Ribcor thread reminded me about something I was curious about with True skates...  Anyone know if they can incorporate lace locks?  Yes, you can add them to a regular eyelet, but the lace lock is "further up" from the eyelet, so its nicer if the mounting point / eyelet for the lace locks isn't in line with the other eyelets.

Mostly idle question until my Mako M8's fall apart, but I was still curious.

Mark

You won’t need them.

Howdy,

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

You won’t need them.

Yeah, people said that about my Makos too.  And yet I still like having them on there.

Mark

On 12/21/2017 at 10:42 AM, Buddy said:

Congrats! When did you order them? Keep us posted on your thoughts.

Had my first skate with them yesterday. To keep it brief I’ll stick to initial pros and cons:

Pros:

-Fit really is great. Little to no “break-in-time”, though I’m excited for the boot to soften up a little.

-I found the boot had a great amount of forward flex while still remaining stiff.

-Very responsive, my footwork (crossovers etc) felt phenomenal. I want to say they felt better than with my previous skates (Super Tacks).

”Cons”:

-oddly I felt a bit of arch pain, a little unsure why. I wore them with Superfoot, so time to experiment. 

-The tongue would shift/move a little during play, I’d want to play with those a little more to get them locked down.

I’d barely call the two cons as huge detriments/negatives. The boot definitely felt weird/different to start with, but I think that’d be expected from switching boots again. That said, I’d love suggestions for tackling the arch/tongue issue!

12 minutes ago, NextBobbyOrr said:

Had my first skate with them yesterday. To keep it brief I’ll stick to initial pros and cons:

Pros:

-Fit really is great. Little to no “break-in-time”, though I’m excited for the boot to soften up a little.

-I found the boot had a great amount of forward flex while still remaining stiff.

-Very responsive, my footwork (crossovers etc) felt phenomenal. I want to say they felt better than with my previous skates (Super Tacks).

”Cons”:

-oddly I felt a bit of arch pain, a little unsure why. I wore them with Superfoot, so time to experiment. 

-The tongue would shift/move a little during play, I’d want to play with those a little more to get them locked down.

I’d barely call the two cons as huge detriments/negatives. The boot definitely felt weird/different to start with, but I think that’d be expected from switching boots again. That said, I’d love suggestions for tackling the arch/tongue issue!

I would suggest not using superfeet. They should not be necessary for a boot built to your foot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NextBobbyOrr said:

Pros:

”Cons”:

I had that problem ( I used the stock insoles) but i realized i was used to tying my skates too tight (like i use to) once i played around with that it all went away. 

9 minutes ago, GiancarloSFL said:

I had that problem ( I used the stock insoles) but i realized i was used to tying my skates too tight (like i use to) once i played around with that it all went away. 

That's an important point with VH. You can (and should) be tying your skate significantly less tightly than you're used to. The boot already wraps to your foot - you don't need to tighten it to gain more wrap. 

• Like 1

I also had arch pain (ache) on my left foot only. I still wear the superfeet as I find it the most comfortable. I don't like the spongey feel of the stock insoles, but I will agree that overall fit is probably best with the stock insoles since they are made specifically for the skate. 

What I did was the red footbed trick where you cut out the footbed around the arch area and that seemed to work. However, I since removed the red footbeds altogether for an overall better fit for both skates. Since then I noticed some left arch soreness again but that's only when I'm doing stick and puck sessions and I'm on the ice for an HR straight. And it's only an ache. I am sure it will subside after a few skates and it's something I'm not concerned about.  

On 12/28/2017 at 5:07 PM, Sniper9 said:

😁😁😁😁😁

Now, wait a second... When I got Bauer Edge holders on mine, they told me they only could do the heel foxings with the True holder.

Edited by AfftonDad

5 minutes ago, AfftonDad said:

Now, wait a second... When I got Bauer Edge holders on mine, they told me they only could do the heel foxings with the True holder.

Maybe they bought with the True holder and switched holders after?

12 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Maybe they bought with the True holder and switched holders after?

I did. If you look at my original post on page 114, I initially ordered them with the step holders. I since swapped them out. The step holders were quite heavy compared to the ls edge. 

Edited by Sniper9

2 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

I did. If you look at my original post on page 114, I initially ordered them with the step holders. I since swapped them out. The step holders were quite heavy compared to the ls edge. 

I've been wondering about that. The Step holders "look" massive but I was wondering if they actually were heavier. And how thick are the heel foxings? How do they affect the holder pitch?

Sniper9, those holders look great on there. 

Buddy, not sure why they are taking so long. I ordered mine about Nov 28 and received them approx Dec 20th. One boo boo they made but other than that they are THE most comfortable skate I have ever worn. And in the the last 6 years I have bought Bauer Total One, Easton Mako, Bauer 1S, CCM Super Tacks and now these. So far very happy with the purchase other than the boo boo but I am sure they will fix that no sweat.

I am going to put the Marsblade holders on when they are released and see how they are.

Edited by Monsoon

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Sniper9, those holders look great on there. 

Buddy, not sure why they are taking so long. I ordered mine about Nov 28 and received them approx Dec 20th. One boo boo they made but other than that they are THE most comfortable skate I have ever worn. And in the the last 6 years I have bought Bauer Total One, Easton Mako, Bauer 1S, CCM Super Tacks and now these. So far very happy with the purchase other than the boo boo but I am sure they will fix that no sweat.

I am going to put the Marsblade holders on when they are released and see how they are.

What's the boo boo? Cosmetic?

7 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Really? Heavy enough to tell a difference? I do not envy those who are bothered by a few dozen grams!

4 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

What's the boo boo? Cosmetic?

When I wanted the edge holders installed they said I had to send them in as they only have theirs (I assume they meant the step holders) available. So I sent the Bauers in and when I got the skates I THEN bought the blades. Will one blade went in fine but the other is bent. The guys at pro hockey life asked me if they installed the holders WITH the blades in the holder. I said I assume they didn't as I sent only the holders in. The pro shop guy said it's easy to bend the holder when rivetting the holders in if you don't have a blade installed at the same time. So they will have to redo the holder install. Which would probably be as easy as undoing the rear rivets, install the blade, open the rivet holes a bit and re rivet the holder. I just hope opening up the rivet holes any more doesn't fr+g the skate up

3 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Really? Heavy enough to tell a difference? I do not envy those who are bothered by a few dozen grams!

I can tell holding the skate but the reason I swapped wasnt because of the weight. It was mainly due ot aesthetics. 

1 hour ago, Sniper9 said:

I can tell holding the skate but the reason I swapped wasnt because of the weight. It was mainly due ot aesthetics. 

In that case I’m totally with you!

19 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I used to think the exact same thing. after switching to lighter skates I couldn't believe the difference in footspeed, but more importantly leg fatigue throughout the game.

should also mention that my new skates are much stiffer though which also helps 

Edited by asgoodasdead