Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

14 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

Sorry to ask this again guys- I think it may have been lost as this is a super active thread. Hopefully ordering my first pair this weekend: 

How is the pitch on these compared to Graf? I had 703s and 735s way back and absolutely hated the "on the toes" feeling they provided. Neutral to negative Bauer pitch has always worked. Is this something Vh/True would be able to explicitly accomodate when constructing the insole/outsole? I'd be ordering them undrilled for LS Edge installation.

Another obvious solution is profiling or lifts but I'd prefer to have the neutral pitch built into the boot/holder as opposed to having to rely on someone sharpening my skates at a consistently high level. I don't trust most of the shops near me to be able to do that without butchering prior work. 

If you can't rely on someone sharpening your skates at a consistently high level then it doesn't matter if the pitch is built into the boot or done with profiling/lifts. A butchered pitch of the blade by a sharpener will negate whatever original setup you had.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bonez5 said:

those are so ugly. if they make them look better I could be interested

I'll admit I didn't like the vh skate when I first saw them but was intrigued solely by the performance and fit reviews. I actually like the last gen vh skates better than the trues but for me comfort and performance over looks. Looks wise, they've grown on me for sure. I guess it depends what you are looking for in a skate. If you have no issues with off the shelf skates then obviously you should stick with what works, but for most people who end up trying the vh/true skates it's because they've never had a skate that fit them well or was comfortable. 

Personally I got the skates out of mere curiosity. I never really had issues with my one100s that I had for the last seven years. The reason I chose to try out the True skate was because of the price. I would be spending the same amount on any high end skate, so I might as well try the custom route. 

I will say, however, that I probably should have tried the 1x and 1s skates as well since I haven't tried any of those lines on since I got my one100 years ago.  That way I probably could have made a more informed decision. 

At the end of the day I'm happy with my purchase. The only issue that I'm running into now is whether the tuuk edge holders I have recently put on will hold up. I already have to warranty the left one due to clicking since day one. I am going to give it a couple months and if it's not a one off issue, I will likely switch back to the step holder or go with the ls2. 

Edited by Sniper9

I don't get the issues people have with the aesthetic. They're literally all black skates with a silver accent. Pretty non-offensive from my perspective. 

Edited by Cavs019
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sniper9 said:

If true never got your order or scans what it's there for them to look into?  I guess they could contacted the dealer if you provided them with their info but I'm it seems to me that the dealer was the one lacking the follow-up

I contacted True twice with my information, date of scan, and retailer where it occurred. Both times, they told me to contact the authorized retailer. So if they would of looked into their system, they would of said, "Hey we don't have an order for Buddy" therefore I could of looked into it sooner. I did contact the retailer, and they were slow to respond. Now were they slow because they didn't send the scan, and True was then closed for holiday break? The scan wasn't sent in until I contacted them a third time for an update in which I was given that response. Retailer is usually good about contacting customers, so I think they dropped the ball, had the holiday break at True and didn't want to tell me about it until they actually got it sent in. 

6 minutes ago, Buddy said:

I contacted True twice with my information, date of scan, and retailer where it occurred. Both times, they told me to contact the authorized retailer. So if they would of looked into their system, they would of said, "Hey we don't have an order for Buddy" therefore I could of looked into it sooner. I did contact the retailer, and they were slow to respond. Now were they slow because they didn't send the scan, and True was then closed for holiday break? The scan wasn't sent in until I contacted them a third time for an update in which I was given that response. Retailer is usually good about contacting customers, so I think they dropped the ball, had the holiday break at True and didn't want to tell me about it until they actually got it sent in. 

Personally, I still think it's the retailers fault. Like you said, they were the ones that were slow to respond. If they had looked into the delay when you first reached out to them it would have been resolved at that time. Could true have contacted the retailer as well, sure. But the fact the retailer took so long to get back to you, I doubt they would have been any quicker responding to True as well. 

1 hour ago, Cavs019 said:

I don't get the issues people have with the aesthetic. They're literally all black skates with a silver accent. Pretty non-offensive from my perspective. 

Mostly my problem is with the forefoot. It looks like a rubber rain boot or something, or electrical tape. Not very sleek looking IMO

2 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

That's like saying all black shoes are the same. 

4 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

If true never got your order or scans what it's there for them to look into?  I guess they could contacted the dealer if you provided them with their info but I'm it seems to me that the dealer was the one lacking the follow-up

This is what I have run into-  A few dealers I work with have poor connectivity at best,  so they assume that when they hit the submit button that all is well.  The files are emailed,  so they just sit in the outbox until the iPad has connectivity.  I have told my dealers many times that with no connectivty there is no way to send / receive scans.  I can't say for sure what happened in this case;  however,  we do try to get dealers to understand all the details.  For some it's alot of ground to cover when you are teaching something so new.

Arch pain was solved by cutting the red liner, but even after re-molding twice, the heel look isn't as snug as I'd like to be. I doubt that there would be any way that my foot scan was messed up on either the retailer or manufacturer's end (retailer has done over 30 fittings), any suggestions for getting it locked in better? Once I get that done, I'll be truly happy with them. Till then, I still am a little hesitant to give a glowing review. 

15 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

I find them a bit ugly due to the over the top white whoosh graphic on the sides. That said, I've seen some in the UK, once on the feet of a young lad (good skater), and they look fine. In fact checking recent images they look quite good, and the large whoosh graphic has gone. For me the fit and performance come first, the aesthetics are secondary, unless they are pink, or covered in long fake fur ....

Edited by Leif

3 hours ago, NextBobbyOrr said:

Arch pain was solved by cutting the red liner, but even after re-molding twice, the heel look isn't as snug as I'd like to be. I doubt that there would be any way that my foot scan was messed up on either the retailer or manufacturer's end (retailer has done over 30 fittings), any suggestions for getting it locked in better? Once I get that done, I'll be truly happy with them. Till then, I still am a little hesitant to give a glowing review. 

Have you rebaked  the skates and used a clamp on the heel?  Are you seating the heel when you put your foot in ?  When you bake the skate and you lace them up ,are you bending the boot by sitting with the knee over the toe. 

5 hours ago, Leif said:

I find them a bit ugly due to the over the top white whoosh graphic on the sides. That said, I've seen some in the UK, once on the feet of a young lad (good skater), and they look fine. In fact checking recent images they look quite good, and the large whoosh graphic has gone. For me the fit and performance come first, the aesthetics are secondary, unless they are pink, or covered in long fake fur ....

I've never seen a whoosh graphic on them. Can you point out what you're referring to? 

16 hours ago, Zac911 said:

This is what I have run into-  A few dealers I work with have poor connectivity at best,  so they assume that when they hit the submit button that all is well.  The files are emailed,  so they just sit in the outbox until the iPad has connectivity.  I have told my dealers many times that with no connectivty there is no way to send / receive scans.  I can't say for sure what happened in this case;  however,  we do try to get dealers to understand all the details.  For some it's alot of ground to cover when you are teaching something so new.

Wait, are you suggesting you need to have an internet connection to use the internet?? 

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

I've never seen a whoosh graphic on them. Can you point out what you're referring to? 

I'm guessing he is referring the the standard white color accents on the side of the boot.

2 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

There is options to add accent colors to the boot in a couple spots  if I remember correctly..    

10 hours ago, NextBobbyOrr said:

Have you tried using clamps after baking around the ankle? I didn't have to do this because I have regular to fat ankles lol but I did remember that there were youtube videos when VH originally launched. Anyways, maybe that'll help best of luck!!

Edited by adams2001

On 1/10/2018 at 1:20 PM, Cavs019 said:

I think he's saying True +3 forward is slightly more forward than his VH/CXN combo, not True's base pitch. 

Sounds like -1 + TUUKs is probably the ticket for me. 

Yeah I was saying that on my True skates with Bauer Edge Holders with the boots constructed to have a +3 built in to the boot, they feel like a little bit more forward pitch than my VH with CXN holders felt.

43 minutes ago, Playmakersedge said:

There is options to add accent colors to the boot in a couple spots  if I remember correctly..    

Yup, mine have white. Just wasn't sure about the "whoosh" thing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Yup, mine have white. Just wasn't sure about the "whoosh" thing. 

I might be mistaken, but I am pretty sure he is talking about the VH logo on the side of the original skate.