Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

Did my fitting December 13th and the skates arrived today!  Ordered with VH holder and V steel. They showed up with Tuuk LS2.  True didn't tell me or the guys at HM that the VH holder isn't available in my size 12+ so they automatically picked LS2.

Wished they would have said something. Also the skates don't have the True heel cup either. Not sure if it's just for looks or if it actually serves a purpose. Waiting to hear back from the rep.

14 minutes ago, JDhouston said:

Did my fitting December 13th and the skates arrived today!  Ordered with VH holder and V steel. They showed up with Tuuk LS2.  True didn't tell me or the guys at HM that the VH holder isn't available in my size 12+ so they automatically picked LS2.

Wished they would have said something. Also the skates don't have the True heel cup either. Not sure if it's just for looks or if it actually serves a purpose. Waiting to hear back from the rep.

There’s no True heel cup unless you are using the step holder

Just now, IPv6Freely said:

There’s no True heel cup unless you are using the step holder

What is its purpose? I wanted the skates as they were designed, step hold, heel cup etc. Now they changed without notifying me. Just want to make sure I'm not missing out on something. 

30 minutes ago, JDhouston said:

What size holder, 306?

17 hours ago, NextBobbyOrr said:

Arch pain was solved by cutting the red liner, but even after re-molding twice, the heel look isn't as snug as I'd like to be. I doubt that there would be any way that my foot scan was messed up on either the retailer or manufacturer's end (retailer has done over 30 fittings), any suggestions for getting it locked in better? Once I get that done, I'll be truly happy with them. Till then, I still am a little hesitant to give a glowing review. 

I found the best fit was no red insole with superfeet. Maybe try no red insole with stock footbeds. But without the red insole you may run into the arch pain that was relieved when you cut the red footbed. 

17 hours ago, NextBobbyOrr said:

Arch pain was solved by cutting the red liner, but even after re-molding twice, the heel look isn't as snug as I'd like to be. I doubt that there would be any way that my foot scan was messed up on either the retailer or manufacturer's end (retailer has done over 30 fittings), any suggestions for getting it locked in better? Once I get that done, I'll be truly happy with them. Till then, I still am a little hesitant to give a glowing review. 

I found the best fit was no red insole with superfeet. Maybe try no red insole with stock footbeds. But without the red insole you may run into the arch pain that was relieved when you cut the red footbed. 

Doesn't buying someone else's used VH skates kind of defeat the whole purpose of having VH skates?

I'm always confused by those listings.

Edited by g3k

1 hour ago, JDhouston said:

What is its purpose? I wanted the skates as they were designed, step hold, heel cup etc. Now they changed without notifying me. Just want to make sure I'm not missing out on something. 

Aesthetics. No real function.

7 minutes ago, g3k said:

Doesn't buying someone else's used VH skates kind of defeat the whole purpose of having VH skates?

I guess you might get lucky and they fit, or at least close enough to fitting for you to be happy. I guess it’s not much different from buying off the shelf skates that also weren’t made for your foot shape.

3 minutes ago, g3k said:

I've had excellent luck picking pro pairs that once baked fit close enough to my customs that I don't notice while skating. I've also put two teammates into them that wouldn't ever spend full retail on a pair of skates but jumped at $400 or less for a like new pair.  As long as the sizing is right and there aren't any dramatically different anatomical differences between the skate and your foot it's the same as buying any other pro stock skate. If anything more forgiving given the pliability of VH/True once heated. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JDhouston said:

3 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Aesthetics. No real function.

Except as a consumer when you ask for specifics on a so called "custom skate" you should get what you asked for.  If for some reason they cannot be made to your exact specifications then I would expect to be notified of that prior to the skate being made to either accept the changes or cancel my order.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mojo122 said:

Except as a consumer when you ask for specifics on a so called "custom skate" you should get what you asked for.  If for some reason they cannot be made to your exact specifications then I would expect to be notified of that prior to the skate being made to either accept the changes or cancel my order.  

Agreed. 

2 hours ago, mojo122 said:

Did you follow up with True about the issue. I would be interested to see why they have to say about it. I think you have a very good case to complain about. If you paid by credit card, I wonder if you're protected at all by the card company with something like this?

7 hours ago, BureKovy said:

Ok just curious, I'm 11.5 on the right skate and it's 296.  But I was 306 in MLX size 11.

306 is 10mm (3/8") longer than 296. Does it look like the boot can handle an extra 3/8" of holder length without sticking out at the front or back? If yes, is the left skate shorter, and if it is, can it also handle a 306 holder?

Edited by Larry54

11 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Did you follow up with True about the issue. I would be interested to see why they have to say about it. I think you have a very good case to complain about. If you paid by credit card, I wonder if you're protected at all by the card company with something like this?

The guy at HM in Dallas is reaching out to the True rep. I mean I paid with Amex and still havent received the merchandise so I could probably stick them with the charges. However I don't want to do that. Just frustrating. 

6 hours ago, JDhouston said:

The guy at HM in Dallas is reaching out to the True rep. I mean I paid with Amex and still havent received the merchandise so I could probably stick them with the charges. However I don't want to do that. Just frustrating. 

What do you mean you haven't received the merchandise. As in you haven't received all of what you technically paid for (the step holder and heel cup)?

I rmbr seeing a picture on Instagram where some guys feet were so big they didn't have a toe box made for that size so his toe box was a carbon toe and the rest of the boot was actually still the vh style. Looked weird.... Going to try to find it now. 

14 hours ago, Larry54 said:

306 is 10mm (3/8") longer than 296. Does it look like the boot can handle an extra 3/8" of holder length without sticking out at the front or back? If yes, is the left skate shorter, and if it is, can it also handle a 306 holder?

Remember that number is for the blade. The holder is going to be just about 3/16 longer than other holder 

3 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

What do you mean you haven't received the merchandise. As in you haven't received all of what you technically paid for (the step holder and heel cup)?

I rmbr seeing a picture on Instagram where some guys feet were so big they didn't have a toe box made for that size so his toe box was a carbon toe and the rest of the boot was actually still the vh style. Looked weird.... Going to try to find it now. 

I mean I live in Houston I had to go to Hockey Monkey in Dallas to get scanned. The skates got sent to the store so now I have to go pick them up. I’m going Sunday to check them out 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2018 at 10:41 PM, Sniper9 said:

Found it..QdmVbdW.jpg

That just looks like one of the older VH skate models but with True tongues.

vh-skate-player-side.jpg

I wonder if he has bigger feet than Chara who has the regular True toe cap.

zdeno-chara-8fd36a9484325288.jpg

Edited by Larry54

On 1/10/2018 at 3:08 PM, Buddy said:

I contacted True twice with my information, date of scan, and retailer where it occurred. Both times, they told me to contact the authorized retailer. So if they would of looked into their system, they would of said, "Hey we don't have an order for Buddy" therefore I could of looked into it sooner. I did contact the retailer, and they were slow to respond. Now were they slow because they didn't send the scan, and True was then closed for holiday break? The scan wasn't sent in until I contacted them a third time for an update in which I was given that response. Retailer is usually good about contacting customers, so I think they dropped the ball, had the holiday break at True and didn't want to tell me about it until they actually got it sent in.