Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

20 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

When I ordered mine they told me to go clarino unless I have abnormally sweaty feet.

Same.  Reasons given were for durability and comfort. 

For what it's worth, however, I'm kinda wishing I'd gone for the wick liner - I'd never thought I had 'abnormally sweaty feet', but in my True skates, I sweat way more than I did in my TotalOnes....

I personally believe if you need to use beeswax or sno-seal maybe they should re-work the interior...

I have never had issues with wet skates though, but my skates are goalie skates so maybe that has something to do with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, here....

None of these suggested leather treatments prevent your feet from sweating - they just prevent the Clarino from absorbing a bunch of sweat.  

Can anyone speak to the benefit of adding the waterproofing, aside from protecting/extending the life of the leather?

Edited by Santos L Halper
Added question I'd originally intended to ask...
  • Like 1

I've only used Sno-Seal in an exterior application.  And when you do that, you have to heat the surface to get it to melt in.  I can't see the benefit of putting it on interior synthetic leather; there's a reason why most brands have walked away from it; comfortable for sure, but not the best moisture management out there. Plus, doesn't it get tacky/slimy?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

I've only used Sno-Seal in an exterior application.  And when you do that, you have to heat the surface to get it to melt in.  I can't see the benefit of putting it on interior synthetic leather; there's a reason why most brands have walked away from it; comfortable for sure, but not the best moisture management out there. Plus, doesn't it get tacky/slimy?

The Clarino in my skates doesn't get tacky or slimy.  It just gets wet.

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

I thought the tackiness was supposed to be a positive. 

Usuaully, yes 

13 minutes ago, Santos L Halper said:

My feet barely sweat and I wear sani-socks. I imagine if you are barefooted it would be a different story, or if you used a thicker sock.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Santos L Halper said:

I was referring to with the Sno-Seal used internally.

As far as tackiness is concerned, it's not as much as the gripliner/cloth you're seeing in skates today; that's all personal preference anyway.  

Clarino does get slimy if you skate barefoot and you don't wipe it down between uses.  Didn't need a time machine back to 1995 to remember that one.  🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JR Boucicaut said:

I was referring to with the Sno-Seal used internally.

As far as tackiness is concerned, it's not as much as the gripliner/cloth you're seeing in skates today; that's all personal preference anyway.  

Clarino does get slimy if you skate barefoot and you don't wipe it down between uses.  Didn't need a time machine back to 1995 to remember that one.  🙂

Yeah, I remember many times as a kid playing travel tournaments and forgetting socks and having to skate barefoot. It was traumatic. I need something, even if its a thin as a pair of nylons to be between me and the liner. To each their own though. 

Has anyone had issues with their scans not being received by True? I got scanned yesterday at pure hockey and they submitted my order, after submission I got an email from True saying congratulations on your purchase but the status says scans requested. So I called and they then tell me none of the scans made it over due to the photos being too compressed. I figured Pure hockey used the ipad with Trues software and the photos said they went through so not sure of the issue.. Now tomorrow I have to go back to the store to be re scanned.

Just now, hollowicked said:

Has anyone had issues with their scans not being received by True? I got scanned yesterday at pure hockey and they submitted my order, after submission I got an email from True saying congratulations on your purchase but the status says scans requested. So I called and they then tell me none of the scans made it over due to the photos being too compressed. I figured Pure hockey used the ipad with Trues software and the photos said they went through so not sure of the issue.. Now tomorrow I have to go back to the store to be re scanned.

It didn't happen for me but I heard that it happened to a customer at the same Pure Hockey that I was scanned at a couple months later.  Perhaps there was a software update that messed up the submission process?  When I was scanned in June, there was no email confirmation or order tracking available to me at the time.

On 9/21/2018 at 2:19 PM, hollowicked said:

This is an issue with the fit center, not anything in between. Odds are the fit center put something incorrect into the email that caused an error in True's automated system, or they scanned you improperly to start with. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2018 at 9:24 AM, Ten2Four said:

I did my fitting on Sept 4th and the skates are in production now, so once they arrive I'll post up some pictures.

The good news is my skates arrived today despite the True order tracker saying they are still in production. The bad news is I paid for silver and they came in black. The order tracker from True shows silver as well, so strange that it got missed. Heading to the shop after work for the baking.

15 hours ago, Ten2Four said:

The good news is my skates arrived today despite the True order tracker saying they are still in production. The bad news is I paid for silver and they came in black. The order tracker from True shows silver as well, so strange that it got missed. Heading to the shop after work for the baking.

You sure it's YOUR skates? You got lucky it came black instead 😁

Haha, I’m definitely waiting for the post that says “True tracking system said my skates were delivered two weeks ago, but they just arrived today and are silver instead of black.”

• Like 1

The question should be asked, did they screw up the order or send me the wrong skate. I’d confirm that before doing anything.

Me, I’d probably always question that, especially if the fit wasn’t ideal. 

On 9/29/2018 at 5:22 AM, Sniper9 said:

You sure it's YOUR skates? You got lucky it came black instead 😁

Haha. All the paperwork was in check, so tough to say. Haven't been on the ice yet, but the skates fit better than anything I've had before so I'm excited. That's not to say my old skates fit bad either, it was just time for me to replace my Supertacks.