Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

17 hours ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

Mine took an estimated 4 business days for build, but I think it can vary depending on season.

Every skate I've worn wears down in that similar spot.  I've said before that it would be nice if True added an abrasion patch there to account for the extra wear.  I think Nicholas G has said similar.  However, thus far, after 16 months at 2x skates per week, I've gotten little to no wear in those areas.  Knock on wood.

In the newer releases, if you chose the fabric liner, they include wear patches now. The clarino liners they still don't have them. I do know some equipment managers that have added them though and it looks pretty simple. 

13 minutes ago, yychockey said:

I sent them a quick email and was told it's currently just over 2 weeks from the time they go into production.

Like I said, I think it can vary depending on season (and demand).  I got my Trues around this time of year, last year.  Here's a post I made a while back in this thread, and one or two others replied saying they got their skates within a similar timeline.  (I did mis-remember and I was told 5 business days to build the skate, not 4.  Also, this is what the rep at Pure Hockey told me - I never validated it with True directly):

"I went through Pure Hockey.  They told me 3-4 weeks to get the skates after scanning.  Took 2 weeks in reality.  Pure told me that True turned the skates around in about 5 business days.  The rest of the time was waiting for communication/scan confirmation and shipping/delivery.  I was very impressed.  I'm on the east coast, so I would imagine it could even be a faster turnaround if you're closer to Winnipeg."

8 minutes ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

Like I said, I think it can vary depending on season (and demand).  I got my Trues around this time of year, last year.  Here's a post I made a while back in this thread, and one or two others replied saying they got their skates within a similar timeline.  (I did mis-remember and I was told 5 business days to build the skate, not 4.  Also, this is what the rep at Pure Hockey told me - I never validated it with True directly):

"I went through Pure Hockey.  They told me 3-4 weeks to get the skates after scanning.  Took 2 weeks in reality.  Pure told me that True turned the skates around in about 5 business days.  The rest of the time was waiting for communication/scan confirmation and shipping/delivery.  I was very impressed.  I'm on the east coast, so I would imagine it could even be a faster turnaround if you're closer to Winnipeg."

Cool. Thanks for the information!

1 hour ago, Giltis said:

~10 day turnaround at the moment it seems like (still needs to get to the store though)

https://imgur.com/zZJmuAu

Thanks for posting that! Hopefully that means mine will be done early next week.

There's no indication of payment submitted or succeeded on mine. I wonder if this is because I placed my order and paid at my LHS. Did you purchase through the True website?

Edited by yychockey

1 minute ago, yychockey said:

There's no indication of payment submitted or succeeded on mine. I wonder if this is because I placed my order and paid at my LHS. Did you purchase through the True website?

I did go through my LHS, they took my number and placed it through the TRUE site, my card was only charged when the process updated itself, so I guess that may be why.

38 minutes ago, Giltis said:

I did go through my LHS, they took my number and placed it through the TRUE site, my card was only charged when the process updated itself, so I guess that may be why.

Makes sense. I paid my LHS directly at point of sale so that's likely the difference.

1 hour ago, yychockey said:

Makes sense. I paid my LHS directly at point of sale so that's likely the difference.

You sure they didnt input your card on the screen? All skates go through the True online app unless they are Pro Minor Pro or a specialty order. 

1 hour ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

You sure they didnt input your card on the screen? All skates go through the True online app unless they are Pro Minor Pro or a specialty order. 

I don't believe that they input my card on the True screen at the time. I paid them with a credit card and my card was charged that day. The charge on my card is from my LHS, Adrenaline Source for Sports, not True Hockey. 

Here is what I see on the True website:

https://imgur.com/W3JVlqK

Is this not typical?

Edited by yychockey

1 hour ago, yychockey said:

I don't believe that they input my card on the True screen at the time. I paid them with a credit card and my card was charged that day. The charge on my card is from my LHS, Adrenaline Source for Sports, not True Hockey. 

Is this not typical?

where did you go to see the status of your skates? Were you sent a specific link/site?

I also paid directly to my LHS and nothing was put into the True website.

Edited by Thanos

19 minutes ago, Thanos said:

where did you go to see the status of your skates? Were you sent a specific link/site?

I also paid directly to my LHS and nothing was put into the True website.

I provided my LHS with my email address for the order. I believe I actually entered it myself directly into the tablet that was used to take my scan. Later that same day I received an email from True which provided a link to my order status. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Giltis said:

~10 day turnaround at the moment it seems like (still needs to get to the store though)

https://imgur.com/zZJmuAu

Thanks for this.  Sounds like my Pure Hockey guy was correct...takes about 4-5 days to actually produce the skate.

I'm not sure they had this status listing available for customers back when I bought my skates.

22 hours ago, yychockey said:

Is this not typical?

Must be nice to pay only 5% tax 😁

On 1/18/2019 at 9:37 PM, shoot_the_goalie said:

Thanks for this.  Sounds like my Pure Hockey guy was correct...takes about 4-5 days to actually produce the skate.

I'm not sure they had this status listing available for customers back when I bought my skates.

One week and still in production...I keep hoping I’ll get the email saying that they’re done. Lol. Waiting is the worst. 

3 minutes ago, dimpledballs said:

Mine were finished today: https://imgur.com/a/N622DSb

Does anyone know if it's overnight shipping or standard? I was hoping to be able to skate on them for a game on Thursday. 

Ouch. That makes it that much harder to wait. You and I have identical dates on every step...except yours are finished!

17 minutes ago, yychockey said:

Ouch. That makes it that much harder to wait. You and I have identical dates on every step...except yours are finished!

Well, shipping should be way quicker for you so don't be too discouraged! Remember that the normal wait time would be a month or more.

11 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

Standard shipping. Usually, 5 days unless they get slowed down when processing through customs. 

That's unfortunate but I'm still excited for them nonetheless!

On 1/22/2019 at 3:37 PM, dimpledballs said:

Well, shipping should be way quicker for you so don't be too discouraged! Remember that the normal wait time would be a month or more.

That's unfortunate but I'm still excited for them nonetheless!

That's a fair point. Winnipeg to Calgary should be reasonably quick. Still no update on mine being finished but I feel like it has to be any day now...

My buddy just ordered some trues. I'll for sure take a close look at them when he receives them, and ask him how they feel... He has an huge instep and arch. 6.5ee and can't even fit into anything off the shelf. Not even close. 

On 1/22/2019 at 3:08 PM, dimpledballs said:

Mine were finished today: https://imgur.com/a/N622DSb

Does anyone know if it's overnight shipping or standard? I was hoping to be able to skate on them for a game on Thursday. 

I just got fit for mine over the weekend at my LHS and can't wait to have them! Maybe I'm missing something, but how are you guys seeing the progress updates? 

43 minutes ago, x11x said:

I just got fit for mine over the weekend at my LHS and can't wait to have them! Maybe I'm missing something, but how are you guys seeing the progress updates? 

You should have entered, or your LHS should have entered, your email address into the True system with your skate order. You then get an email that links to your order, and they also email you important updates on progress. 

56 minutes ago, yychockey said:

You should have entered, or your LHS should have entered, your email address into the True system with your skate order. You then get an email that links to your order, and they also email you important updates on progress. 

Thanks for the reply. Hmm...I gave my LHS my email address but haven't received anything yet (and they didn't mention anything about email updates, just that they'd give me a call when the skates arrived). If I don't receive anything soon maybe I'll give them a call to see what's up - I'd definitely like to be able to keep tabs on the progress!

8 hours ago, x11x said:

Thanks for the reply. Hmm...I gave my LHS my email address but haven't received anything yet (and they didn't mention anything about email updates, just that they'd give me a call when the skates arrived). If I don't receive anything soon maybe I'll give them a call to see what's up - I'd definitely like to be able to keep tabs on the progress!

Maybe look in your spam folder