Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

1 minute ago, maximus91 said:

I would tie them very loose. especially near the top, because if you get them too tight as they are very moldable after the bake, you will have a hard time getting your foot inside of them - since they do not move.

As  a Side note - anyone have issues with clicking noise from the holder and the runner? I cant seem to get rid of the blade movement.

I was told to tie them with only like 75% tightness, if you crank on them you will pull the eyelets out. I was warned like three times by two LHS employees to make sure, because apparently it has happened before.

I have a clicking noise coming from the holder too and it drives me nuts, I hear some folks have the same issue with the TUUKs that they've swapped out too. I am going to be swapping them out as soon as I can get my hands on the XS holders (can someone confirm that the holes line up? Or if there are any caveats to look out for?). I've been able to reduce them by placing a bit of hard plastic tape on top of where the blade hooks onto the holder. But that's not a permanent solution it seems.

9 hours ago, Giltis said:

I was told to tie them with only like 75% tightness, if you crank on them you will pull the eyelets out. I was warned like three times by two LHS employees to make sure, because apparently it has happened before.

I have a clicking noise coming from the holder too and it drives me nuts, I hear some folks have the same issue with the TUUKs that they've swapped out too. I am going to be swapping them out as soon as I can get my hands on the XS holders (can someone confirm that the holes line up? Or if there are any caveats to look out for?). I've been able to reduce them by placing a bit of hard plastic tape on top of where the blade hooks onto the holder. But that's not a permanent solution it seems.

The XS holes line up with the LS Edge and the VH/TRUE holder. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

The XS holes line up with the LS Edge and the VH/TRUE holder. 

My skate guy wants to first epoxy the holes and fill them anyway before re-drilling them, is that a good idea?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Giltis said:

My skate guy wants to first epoxy the holes and fill them anyway before re-drilling them, is that a good idea?

If he wants the extra work. Its literally a remove and replace job. But whatever floats his boat. 

16 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

If he wants the extra work. Its literally a remove and replace job. But whatever floats his boat. 

This.  And he's also going to be redrilling the holes he just filled up..... 🤔

4 hours ago, Giltis said:

He says a few of the holes are slightly off-center from one holder to another, I dunno what to say to that.

If that's the case then props to him for being thorough. I have seen a few true skates with either enlarged holes or holes that are a bit off causing rivets to not sit flush and or straight... So if he's willing to go the extra step, person, I'd let him. 

Edited by Sniper9
  • Like 1

Will be re ordering trues again pretty soon.  Too obsessed with the comfort and how locked in these skates are vs anything out there that I've tried. 

10 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Will be re ordering trues again pretty soon.  Too obsessed with the comfort and how locked in these skates are vs anything out there that I've tried. 

Are you getting re-fitted and going through you LHS?  I would love to know if it's possible to just order a new pair from True from the specs of the last pair they have on record (assuming no changes to one's feet).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

Are you getting re-fitted and going through you LHS?  I would love to know if it's possible to just order a new pair from True from the specs of the last pair they have on record (assuming no changes to one's feet).

I believe if you provide the serial number or order number in the footbed of your boots, they can make an identical pair to them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

I am going to be re scanned. As some of you might know I had issues with my right skate as it had no arch due to me being in a poor lunge position which flattened out my arch completely. Took a lot of heat gunning and tweaking to get it fitting properly but was perfect after. The left boot fit 100% perfect off the bat from just one bake and no tweaking at all. 

So this time around I'm gonna be cognizant of how I'm positioned.  I might let the lhs to only redo the right possibly, but I'm afraid it may cause some confusion so I may just get everything re done. 

Edited by Sniper9

1 hour ago, Sniper9 said:

I am going to be re scanned. As some of you might know I had issues with my right skate as it had no arch due to me being in a poor lunge position which flattened out my arch completely. Took a lot of heat gunning and tweaking to get it fitting properly but was perfect after. The left boot fit 100% perfect off the bat from just one bake and no tweaking at all. 

So this time around I'm gonna be cognizant of how I'm positioned.  I might let the lhs to only redo the right possibly, but I'm afraid it may cause some confusion so I may just get everything re done. 

Do both feet if you are going to redo the scan. 

Got scanned earlier today 

3-4 week turn around. 

Nothing fancy. Only embroidery upgrade. Went for black regular tongues this time instead of white. 

Also got them to send the holder unmounted and getting SB 4.0s mounted by my LHS as I have a brand new set of blacksteel for those holders I don't want to waste.  Also didn't want to buy another set of blacksteel for the true holders.

This time around there were way more photos during the fit process, including pics of the feet on the true brannock and a number of various pics. My first order only had scan and maybe 4 or so pics of my feet. 

Well see how it goes and if me being aware of my lunge position on my right side makes a diff. 

Edited by Sniper9

27 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

Got scanned earlier today 

3-4 week turn around. 

Nothing fancy. Only embroidery upgrade. Went for black regular tongues this time instead of white. 

Also got them to send the holder unmounted and getting SB 4.0s mounted by my LHS as I have a brand new set of blacksteel for those holders I don't want to waste.  Also didn't want to buy another set of blacksteel for the true holders.

This time around there were way more photos during the fit process, including pics of the feet on the true brannock and a number of various pics. My first order only had scan and maybe 4 or so pics of my feet. 

Well see how it goes and if me being aware of my lunge position on my right side makes a diff. 

What was the embroidery upgrade?

2 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

What was the embroidery upgrade?

Just the tongue embroidery. I should've said optional embroidery, my bad. 

Anyone know if the true brannock is numbered for shoe size or skate. I had a weird time reading it because the slider had a window and wasn't sure what I was supposed to look at for the sizing. And what I saw was 8.5-9 which technically is my shoe size but thought it was weird a skate brannock would have shoe sizing and not skates.... I also looked at the euro sizing which seemed right as it hovered around 41ish/42. I couldn't really see that well bc I was busy trying not to move while standing on it. 

Can someone please post s picture of trues with xs holders? 

Since getting scanned I've been debating whether to get the xs holders instead of the sb 4.0s...

36 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

Can someone please post s picture of trues with xs holders? 

Since getting scanned I've been debating whether to get the xs holders instead of the sb 4.0s...

I can tomorrow my son has them on his now. Look good!! With engraved step steel. Offering that starting in July. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

I can tomorrow my son has them on his now. Look good!! With engraved step steel. Offering that starting in July. 

No rush 😊.... 

Does anyone know if it’s possible to get scanned/pay for the skates in Canada but have them shipped to a US address? Considering checking them out but not sure if I trust any of the stores around here to get a good scan 

9 hours ago, Stewie said:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to get scanned/pay for the skates in Canada but have them shipped to a US address? Considering checking them out but not sure if I trust any of the stores around here to get a good scan 

Yes, you can.