Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

7 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

It's more than just a quick release holder.... I cannot comment on anything more though. 

I am assuming correctly that fat goalie steel would be available for that holder for those of us buying the True in goalie flavour? 

Dropped my skate off at my fitter to be shipped back to true. Been liaising with true regarding the toe cap tab and they said it's actually likely they will be replacing the toe cap. So decided to send it off while it's well within the warranty period...

47 minutes ago, Caldinda said:

Besides the holder, are there any other know upgrades coming down the pipeline?

Tongue

7 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

I wish they would streamline the toe cap a little. That's my only complaint currently with the TRUE skates. 

In what way would you like to see it changed?

4 hours ago, flip12 said:

In what way would you like to see it changed?

More ergonomic and not as wide as it makes the skates look bulky and not streamlined. Ideally, I wish they would go back to have a composite toe cap as I really liked that look, though I know its not nearly as durably as the current materials being used. 

6 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

More ergonomic and not as wide as it makes the skates look bulky and not streamlined. Ideally, I wish they would go back to have a composite toe cap as I really liked that look, though I know its not nearly as durably as the current materials being used. 

If they slimmed it down it wouldnt it affect width issues for ppl?  The only reason it looks bulky is bc it's longer than other brands as it incorporates the first two eyelets in it otherwise it's fairly the same from the first eyelet on, however the new CCM and Bauer skates have reduced the height of their toe caps recently too

14 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

More ergonomic but skinnier? By 'more ergonomic' I'm picturing a Birkenstock forefoot shape. Did you mean something like that? However, by making the toecap narrower, wouldn't that be making the boot less ergonomic? I imagine that toecap width is something that gets determined by the foot the skates are built for. They should be the Goldilocks 'just right' width if scanning, building, and molding go as they should.

• Like 1

How thermoformable is the toe cap area? Is a little too much room fixable by applying the shrink wrap fitting method to the forefoot? I my multiple bakings of MLX skates, I find the first three eyelets end up feeling too roomy after the skates have cooled.

I'm keen to try the new fitting method but won't get the chance to get back on the ice in the next few months, so I can't provide any feedback until then.

53 minutes ago, flip12 said:

How thermoformable is the toe cap area? Is a little too much room fixable by applying the shrink wrap fitting method to the forefoot? I my multiple bakings of MLX skates, I find the first three eyelets end up feeling too roomy after the skates have cooled.

I'm keen to try the new fitting method but won't get the chance to get back on the ice in the next few months, so I can't provide any feedback until then.

Not very thermoformable at all unfortunately. 

I'm hoping I'll be lucky with that technique in my case because it's not the width of the forefoot that feels too roomy but the height, and the facing definitely is thermoformable. I just need it to snug up a little more than it does from a normal baking.

1 hour ago, flip12 said:

I'm hoping I'll be lucky with that technique in my case because it's not the width of the forefoot that feels too roomy but the height, and the facing definitely is thermoformable. I just need it to snug up a little more than it does from a normal baking.

If it's the height then use powerfoot inserts. Or move the tongue lower... 

22 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

If it's the height then use powerfoot inserts. Or move the tongue lower... 

I have Powerfoot inserts. I just forget where.

I can't move the tongue lower so easily: I'm still in MLX which has a tab stitched into the tongue that screws into the toe cap. If I were to try that approach, I don't think it would help. It's not the area in the actual toe cap that's too tall, it's the facing and laces not snugging the tongue down enough for my liking from the first to the third eyelet near the toe cap. Moving the tongue further into the toe cap wouldn't address that issue. I think it has to do with how snugly they can be laced when they're baked.

46 minutes ago, shoot_the_goalie said:

Got this in my e-mail box today.  Definitely showing the new holder, and hard to tell, but looks like a thinner tongue (pro tongue?)

https://imgur.com/Y4fZwMh

That holder looks almost looks like a Marsblade-esque thing with a quick-release.

On 6/11/2019 at 10:46 AM, Giltis said:

Oh I didn't mean to sound like I knew anything about them, I was just compiling what was said previousely.

Has anyone had any feedback on these? They look nice.

Holders are not available yet. However trainers I now that have had a look.. and these are Vetran guys.. "game changer.. will take over next season" 20/21

• Like 1

Mine just went into production last week, might just switch to CCM 4.0 with blacksteel.  Coming from CCM Vector Pro's, True should be a welcomed change and I can't wait to get them.  

• Like 2