Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

1 hour ago, Miller55 said:

Might be through their account. The prices also look a bit higher than what I remember seeing, so maybe their store has access to expedited delivery...?

The prices on the true site is for the old version. When they launch the new version the prices will all be updated to 1149 cad from 1099

Edited by Sniper9
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

The new look is available in Aug in NA. But if u order mid July you'll get the new pro custom version. So not surprisingly this is still the old version. 

Yeah just realized that. For some reason it looked different than the current custom model though. 

8 hours ago, Miller55 said:

Might be through their account. The prices also look a bit higher than what I remember seeing, so maybe their store has access to expedited delivery...?

No. It was sent out yesterday.  No expedited service for atleast the first 6 weeks. 

41 minutes ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

No. It was sent out yesterday.  No expedited service for atleast the first 6 weeks. 

That makes sense. That's very different from "no expedited services"

Spoke to True today confirming you can still order boot ONLY, with or without holes drilled for holder, but they will ship skates out WITH True holders uninstalled and you still have to pay full price. Pretty lame if you ask me, since if I don't want the holders, why must I pay for them if True offers boots only?!

3 minutes ago, Coldclay said:

Spoke to True today confirming you can still order boot ONLY, with or without holes drilled for holder, but they will ship skates out WITH True holders uninstalled and you still have to pay full price. Pretty lame if you ask me, since if I don't want the holders, why must I pay for them if True offers boots only?!

Maybe because they know that people won't be lining up to buy just their holders? That would be my only guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coldclay said:

That's incorrect.  If you order boot only you get boot only. No holders and steel are shipped. 

Not sure who you spoke to.

1 hour ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

That's incorrect.  If you order boot only you get boot only. No holders and steel are shipped. 

Not sure who you spoke to.

I believe this had changed and he's right. I was also told this by True shortly before the covid lockdown. I never ended up getting into the shop for a scan before everything shut down. I was planning to buy the boots for roller chassis mount so I have absolutely no need for holders

19 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

I believe this had changed and he's right. I was also told this by True shortly before the covid lockdown. I never ended up getting into the shop for a scan before everything shut down. I was planning to buy the boots for roller chassis mount so I have absolutely no need for holders

I'm a pretty large dealer volume wise and I know they wont. 

I spoke to some lady who answered the phone at True and she put me on hold to verify that indeed they will ship WITH holder uninstalled and u at full price regardless.

1 minute ago, Coldclay said:

I spoke to some lady who answered the phone at True and she put me on hold to verify that indeed they will ship WITH holder uninstalled and u at full price regardless.

Well I can tell you she's wrong.  It says it right on the new order sheet. 

"If you ask for a 3rd party holder to be installed or blades not mounted the Shift holder and steel will NOT be included" . 

5 hours ago, calixguy18 said:

Is there any reason to buy a True retail skate over say a Bauer or CCM retail skate with all their new fit options? 

Can't really compare true to CCM or Bauer.  The fit and feel is completely diff.  I think most people will agree you either love true or you don't. I haven't met someone who was just meh about them. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

"If you ask for a 3rd party holder to be installed or blades not mounted the Shift holder and steel will NOT be included" . 

Is it possible that they are doing this for dealers but not direct to consumer anymore?

It's odd because I have heard for a while now, from all different avenues, that they not longer sell boot only.

I'm glad to hear what you're saying, just confused as to why True is telling people the opposite. Saves me a pile of money and the headache of trying to resell the shift holders. Are they offering that option for the TF9/7 as well, or is it just for custom boots?

10 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Can't really compare true to CCM or Bauer.  The fit and feel is completely diff.  I think most people will agree you either love true or you don't. I haven't met someone who was just meh about them. 

Hi 🙋‍♂️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Miller55 said:

Is it possible that they are doing this for dealers but not direct to consumer anymore?

It's odd because I have heard for a while now, from all different avenues, that they not longer sell boot only.

I'm glad to hear what you're saying, just confused as to why True is telling people the opposite. Saves me a pile of money and the headache of trying to resell the shift holders. Are they offering that option for the TF9/7 as well, or is it just for custom boots?

Just to clarify you can order holders not attached but there is  no difference in price. You buy the Custom skate with shift holders or without still the same price. 

And yes I checked with the office they had a couple new people over the last few months hence the confusion. 

Hope that clears that up. 

11 hours ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

Weird and doesn't make sense. If you pay for the product full price you should get everything, is holder and steel but not mounted. 

They must have changed things since last year bc when I ordered mine I asked for the holders not to be mounted and the holes to be drilled for an 4.0 holders, and that's what I got. Holder and steel on the side not mounted, which I ended up selling on the side. 

If they won't include the shift holders and you're paying full price that's BS.  It's actually less work for them mounting the holders on, yet they are charging you the same. 

5 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

Weird and doesn't make sense. If you pay for the product full price you should get everything, is holder and steel but not mounted. 

They must have changed things since last year bc when I ordered mine I asked for the holders not to be mounted and the holes to be drilled for an 4.0 holders, and that's what I got. Holder and steel on the side not mounted, which I ended up selling on the side. 

If they won't include the shift holders and you're paying full price that's BS.  It's actually less work for them mounting the holders on, yet they are charging you the same. 

Yeah, that doesn't really seem to make sense.  What's the retail value of a set of Shift holders and runners, about $150 or so (2 sets of steel)?  If they're not going to give you the unmounted holders and steel, I'd expect the price of the skates to be reduced by $50-$75 at least.

16 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

Well if you ordered a pair of Bauer's or CCM's would they put on Shift holders if you asked? 

Or if you ordered CCM and asked for Edge or ordered Bauer and asked for XS holders? 

Edited by oldtrainerguy28

1 minute ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

Well if you ordered a pair of Bauer's or CCM's would they put on Shift holders if you asked? 

That's not what I would expect. I would just expect the trues to come with holder not attached but still include them since I'm paying for them. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

That's not what I would expect. I would just expect the trues to come with holder not attached but still include them since I'm paying for them. 

I'd be interested to know if you can order CCM and Bauer Boot only and the cost difference. Or if they would do it? 

7 minutes ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

I'd be interested to know if you can order CCM and Bauer Boot only and the cost difference. Or if they would do it? 

If you're just trying to make a point, then point taken. The thing is, True did used to allow you to purchase boots only and True had pretty much made their reputation in skates based on customization, so I do think it has given people a different expectation for what True will do to help a customer customize their skates above what Bauer out CCM would do. That said, they obviously have other calculations to make, so I understand making you buy the holders even if you don't want them mounted. 

If you're sincerely asking, my guess is that they might do it for pros but I doubt they would do it for the avg. Joe. I used to get undrilled Mission ice boots years ago. They came through a teammate, but I definitely wasn't the only one. I would imagine that most people who played roller remember undrilled Mission flyweights or amp 2 carbons with eframes

3 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

If you're just trying to make a point, then point taken. The thing is, True did used to allow you to purchase boots only and True had pretty much made their reputation in skates based on customization, so I do think it has given people a different expectation for what True will do to help a customer customize their skates above what Bauer out CCM would do. That said, they obviously have other calculations to make, so I understand making you buy the holders even if you don't want them mounted. 

If you're sincerely asking, my guess is that they might do it for pros but I doubt they would do it for the avg. Joe. I used to get undrilled Mission ice boots years ago. They came through a teammate, but I definitely wasn't the only one. I would imagine that most people who played roller remember undrilled Mission flyweights or amp 2 carbons with eframes

Not trying to make any point at all all. I have not ordered CCM or Bauer for 10 years so I do not know. As for True selling Boot only well not installed yes I do know that. I have sold a few pairs. 

But yes I was simply asking if Bauer and CCM did it.

36 minutes ago, oldtrainerguy28 said:

Not trying to make any point at all all. I have not ordered CCM or Bauer for 10 years so I do not know. As for True selling Boot only well not installed yes I do know that. I have sold a few pairs. 

But yes I was simply asking if Bauer and CCM did it.

Yeah it's hard to tell on the internet. I have never seen such a thing. There was a shop on the island that would mount roller chassis to an ice boot and they would keep the holders and runner in exchange for the labor. In essence, to didn't pay a fee for the mount, just the ice skates and chassis. Nowadays it's not a great deal, but 17-18 years ago when reselling a holder was a lot harder, it was more worth it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

Yeah it's hard to tell on the internet. I have never seen such a thing. There was a shop on the island that would mount roller chassis to an ice boot and they would keep the holders and runner in exchange for the labor. In essence, to didn't pay a fee for the mount, just the ice skates and chassis. Nowadays it's not a great deal, but 17-18 years ago when reselling a holder was a lot harder, it was more worth it

100% I still do that sometimes depending on what it is.