Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

Forward flex is great in these, it's not as aggressive as the mako skate so in my case my knees aren't killing me after my games as before with the mako skates. As for the height of the boot it is low cut which i really like I believe Scott told me that they were 5mm shorter that the mako in boot height, but they are plenty stiff which gives you very good support. Sorry I haven't written more my season has been over for a couple weeks and am awaiting the start of the summer league August 4th at which time I will continue to fill everyone in on my experience with VH hockey boots.

Forward flex is great in these, it's not as aggressive as the mako skate so in my case my knees aren't killing me after my games as before with the mako skates. As for the height of the boot it is low cut which i really like I believe Scott told me that they were 5mm shorter that the mako in boot height, but they are plenty stiff which gives you very good support. Sorry I haven't written more my season has been over for a couple weeks and am awaiting the start of the summer league August 4th at which time I will continue to fill everyone in on my experience with VH hockey boots.

I have sent you a quick PM GiancarloSFL regarding these skates, thanks!

• Like 1

I just got a pair of these skates and have skated one stick time on them. I'll play on them tomorrow. So far they are amazing. Very different feel in that they really mold to and wrap around your foot. Hard to explain. I've always had a lot of pain from my skates. On the outside of both feet. From Daoust to Reebok to Bauer. Actually several different Bauer skates. I've had each punched where I have pain but nothing every helped much. My current, before now, skates are Bauer Nexus 800. Problem is as I went into wider and wider skates I would end up in a skate with too much slop and still had the pain. I know I only have one skate on these skates but no pain at all. I didn't even think about my feet. Except how locked in I was in the skates. You don't even have to tie your skates very tight as they have so much wrap and are so form fitted. I went with the custom skates and you can see how they are molded around my foot on the outside. I know it's early but I can't be happier. To not skate with pain makes everything so much better. They are expensive but I've spent a lot more on many skates trying to solve my problem. Also Scott was very nice and very knowledgeable. Even spoke with him on the phone. If you are having problems with your current skates these are worth a look.

I'm happy to answer any questions.

I've had a hard time with skates and am wondering if VH is the one. I am wondering if DRW and Giancarlo feel that they would be so comfortable with the heel / foot lock that they could skate with the laces barely tied.

I have a very wide forefoot and high instep with a flat arch. I'm currently skating in Graf 709 W which were improperly fitted. They are still too tight at the arch but too deep at the ankle and the heel is too wide. They initially felt OK when they were baked. I've been thru other Graf models, RBK and Bauer. I couldn't skate at all on the Bauers

Thanks for any advice on VH

Love the skate but I hope it wasn't VH who did that rivet job because if that's a indication of their quality, what else was slopidly done.

As someone who doesn't know anything about riveting, what is sloppy about those?

Coffeebreak - For me the skates almost feel like I could skate in them without laces. I just cinch up the laces and my foot in completely locked in. No slippage. The skates are also molded around my foot tracings and you can see where the skates have been molded in the area where I get pain. So this might help with your wide forefoot.

I Love mine i'm sure you'll love yours. I have played about 10 games and about 5 scrimmages, I don't even feel them on my feet. I have had so many problems with all of the top skate manufactures in terms of fit but these are perfect in every way. I can't wait to see what Scott will continue to do with these skates.

• Like 1

I Love mine i'm sure you'll love yours. I have played about 10 games and about 5 scrimmages, I don't even feel them on my feet. I have had so many problems with all of the top skate manufactures in terms of fit but these are perfect in every way. I can't wait to see what Scott will continue to do with these skates.

The more I hear the more excited I am about this skate. But, then, don't you think an avatar change is in order @GiancarloSFL?

The more I hear the more excited I am about this skate. But, then, don't you think an avatar change is in order @GiancarloSFL?

lol true

LOL i've been planning on changing that for the longest time.

AND........ I can't figure how to change my avatar lol but erased the other one and now have none lol :facepalm:

Edited by GiancarloSFL

I remember it being tricky last time I did it. I think I just went through with clicking the "change" prompt on the image in my profile.

Well, delivery did not occur today because USPS lost my skates somewhere in IL. Last seen in Elk Grove Village on Thursday.

I am disappoint.

Someone in Elk Grove Village isn't...

• Like 1

OK, skates arrived today!

Initial impressions:

1) The build quality is impeccable. It looks like Scott improves his technique with each pair he produces. These are very, very polished.

2) The molding to my foot is incredible. You can see how I traced my foot on the toe cap. Each bump and lump is represented.

3) The above posters were not kidding -- getting your foot in and out of this skate is somewhat challenging.

4) The rivet bursting die looks to have been replaced. :wink:

I'll bake them tonight, skate in them ASAP, and keep you guys posted.

Edited by laserrobottime

Really really like the white, black, composite, chrome balance in all that the more I see it...the holder and steel just makes my eye circulate very pleasantly about the whole.

Anything odd about your foot in that spot? Maybe it was triggered by your foot measurements.