Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

Sent all my measurements and pictures in for sizing. Color wise I went both accents white. With LS2 holders, Black Edge runners waiting for their arrival! I'm fairly excited

These are the best skates I have ever worn. Also, Scott provides exceptional customer service. If you're looking for new top of the line skates, go with some VH footwear

• Like 1

Sent all my measurements and pictures in for sizing. Color wise I went both accents white. With LS2 holders, Black Edge runners waiting for their arrival! I'm fairly excited

No more T-blades?

I ordered my custom pair on Monday August 19 and received it on Friday August 30 but I'm in Canada so there was no customs delay. The toe area was a bit tight even after heat molding so I e-mailed Scott and he gave me advice on punching it out and referred me to the how-to video on his website, but he told me I could also mark the spot and return it to him to have it done at the factory if the area was too hard for me to do. I managed to work it out on my own, following his instructions.

Coming from Bauer Flexlite 4.0 here are my impressions. It's low cut. In fact the top eyelet is about the same height as the second eyelet on the Flexlite which suits me fine since I didn't lace the top eyelet on the Flexlites. But in doing so I lost some lateral support in order to gain forward flex. There's plenty of lateral support with the VH skate and forward flex is excellent laced to the top eyelet. I've played 2 open hockey sessions with them and have never skated so well! I even feel less tired after a game which I guess is because I'm not wasting so much energy flexing a sloppy skate.

Besides having the carbon-fibre-looking patch on the side, I notice it has 10 eyelets instead of 9 like on mine and all other VH skate pictures I've seen. Are they a particularly large size or did you ask for more eyelets?

Can you please refer me to the "how to punch out the toecap" tutorial?

So, I got my skates back with the adjusted toe caps. Skated a Junior A game in them and am still having issues.

I contacted Scott and he will be fabricating me a new pair of boots to increase the volume and solve the toe issues I'm having once and for all. He is incredibly responsive (even for a picky customer like me) and has been an extremely fast communicator.

Mine are "out for delivery" with Canada Post - playing the waiting game too.

Mine apparently are in Mississauga now? Just called to find out that they are nowhere near where they are supposed to be. Worse than that. I sold the only skates I had to wear besides them yesterday. Have hockey tonight and tomorrow and a 4 game tourney this weekend. No skates.

Safe to say today is not my day.

Enjoy yours Dave! I'll be in cowtown next week we should hook up for a skate. If I have skates by than that is!